Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: piercings

piercings

how many ladies out there have ear piercings? or body piercing and what was the reaction by your SO?

Banned Read only
    i had my left ear pierced twice for a long time and i only in the last week had my right ear done, my partner was with me when i had it done and even paid for it. can't wait for the time i can remove the studs and start wearing different earings

Wink

ive got quite a few peircing, ears and body... my fav one is my belly..

Had both ears pierced for over a year. (Love it) No SO, but when son saw, he just said, "You got your ears pierced!" That was it. No one else has said a word except to complement the earrings.
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

She knew I wanted it done and one day we were looking at earrings and she asked the sa if they did it Answer No but you can get it done in the mall across the street so we went over and hadthem done left & right and I love it
    Angie

i want to

I want to get both my ears and a belly ring. Hope to soon!!! Hope the wife doesnt flip out but oh well if she does

Had my ears pierced a long time and I'm qualified to pierce them I have my belly button done, but my SO couldn't really say anything, I'd had it done 6 months before we met... and I'm still trying to convince her to get hers done me thinks she's just chicken
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Just got my ears pierced a month ago. My wife thinks I look a little like a pirate. She loves Jack Sparrow so that's probably a good thing. Wish I had done it years ago!
    Sally

I had my left eyebrow pierced for nearly a year, but it was growing out, so I removed it before it got torn out by getting hooked on something. I think it was a tad infected too. I want to get it re-pierced.

I also want to get both my ears pierced, and probably will. Not because I want to wear feminine earrings, but because it would suit my male mode, actually.

No! But I am getting the hair on my back and chest removed (laser hair removal) does that kinda count?????

Hugs.

Sandy
    Real Men can Cook in Heels...

I have had both my ears pierced also others below the neck. My SO has no problem with them. I just wish my ears didn't close up.

Kymmie

i have my ears guaged to 1 inch anyways so its not something i can hide whatsoever

I had 1 ear pierced in 1980 and the other one pierced in 2000. The only time I don.t wear earrings is if I forget to put the small hoops back in after I take the girly ones out. I was going to say that I'm waiting for the day when I forget and leave the girly ones in when I go somewhere like the store but, OOPS, I did that today. At least they weren't dangleys. It was my 1 inch silver hoops that I wore all day around the house and yard and forgot I was wearing until I walked out of the grocery store! I just had to laugh!
    "I see your true colors shining through, your true colors, and that's why I love you,
    so don't be afraid to let them show, your true colors, true colors are beautiful, like a rainbow"

"Without change,something sleeps deep inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken!"[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blushing June '07 Bride Sheri 4242's Avatar
    Years ago I didn't know how my wife would react, so I got a magnet earring and put it on one ear lobe when we were heading to a party (I had gone to the mall just before I picked my wife up for the party -- when she got in the car I showed it off like it was real). Anyway, she was okay with it -- so I showed her it was a magnet -- but by evening's end, it hurt like all get out (almost pierced my own ear b/c it about went all the way through). Anyway, after my ear healed from the magnet earring, we went to a piercing place and had it done right. Then I pulled same "joke" with other lobe -- and wife fell for it again. Later she said let's just go get it done, so we did.

A year later I got a scond piercing for each lobe (wife was with me) -- and then got one cartlidge piercing in my left ear. Now that HURT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Took about a month for the cartlidge piercing to heal.

About a year after that, we were on vacation at the beach and one of my daughters wanted to get her belly pierced. While at the salon, I said I would like one, too. My wife didn't object -- and the salon's owner (a GG) told us (and being the history buff I am, I checked this out and verified it later) that in ancient Eygpt only the Pharoes could get a belly piercing -- and selected members of their families -- and this was under penalty of death if you got it done without royal permission.

I learned it doesn't hurt to pierce a belly, so I got it done. The lady used a piercing gun and didn't have the angle right. Anyway, it got infected and migrated out. I had to wait until it healed completely, then went to a tattoo parlor (licensed in this state to pierce) and had them pierce it with a sterile surgical needle. Didn't hurt -- and no problem with it getting infected. About 4 months later my wife bought me a nice belly dangle -- 10k gold with two dangles that have my birth stone surrounded by diamond chips. She said she wasn't 100% about it at first, but now likes it.

SUGGESTIONS: (A.) If you get your belly pierced, it isn't going to hurt b/c their are almost NO nerve endings where they do the piercing. Pinch yourself there -- long and hard -- and you'll see there is practically no feeling!!! (B.) That said, ONLY have your belly pierced by the sterile surgical needle method -- it doesn't hurt, is more accurate, and has less chance of getting infected!!! Always follow the "after-care" instructions!!!
    (C.) Conversely, if you ever get a piercing in your upper ear cartlidge, have them use the piercing gun -- faster, so less pain (and this is one piercing that will double hurt like all get out if you have it done by the needle method). Cartlidge piercings do hurt, but it is worth it IMO -- and it gets better quickly!!!

Earlobe piercings don't hurt -- its like a quick minor pinch. You will have to leave any piercing in for a certain amout of time -- always follow the after-care instructions and leave it in until it is healed. Like with my lobe piercings, I can leave earrings out for weeks, then put them back in without the holes closing b/c I let the holes heal properly and did things like twist them daily and use after-care cleansing solution. (And, the few times I was around someone who I didn't want to know (like my mother), I put a bandage over the virgin ear stud. She asked onnce and I said I had been to Dr to get a flesh tag cut off. She never asked again.

[SIZE="4"]Sheri[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Sheri 4242 View Post
    I learned it doesn't hurt to pierce a belly, so I got it done. The lady used a piercing gun and didn't have the angle right. Anyway, it got infected and migrated out.
    That's illegal, no one is allowed to pierce your naval with a gun, it has to be done with a needle... you should have sued her, she probably wasn't even licenced and it shouldn't hurt, but a lot of places do it incorrectly.. I was lucky, I never felt a thing

Quote Originally Posted by Sheri 4242 View Post
    (C.) Conversely, if you ever get a piercing in your upper ear cartlidge, have them use the piercing gun -- faster, so less pain (and this is one piercing that will double hurt like all get out if you have it done by the needle method). Cartlidge piercings do hurt, but it is worth it IMO -- and it gets better quickly!!!
    In the UK, this is now illegal and you cannot have any cartlidge piercings via a gun. The reason being, it never heals up properly and can cause a lot of damage. Have you actually had this done?
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 08-13-2007 at 07:21 AM.
    Administrator

Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

I have pierced ears... There was no reaction.
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

My ears are double pierced and I have never had a comment on them except for a lady asking if my studs were emeralds.

I did have my nipples pierced and I must say, maybe just me, but it hurt at the time. Today I really love the rings there. It does bring a chuckle when I get chest X-Rays or MRI's and they show up.
    Super Mod

Oh God, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

The Breton Fisherman's Prayer was engraved on a brass plaque and presented to President John F. Kennedy by US Navy Admiral Hyman Rickover.

Daintre, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Angel xx

Tamara

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni Y View Post
    It does bring a chuckle when I get chest X-Rays or MRI's and they show up.
    The MRI, or Magnetic Resonance Image, uses magnetism to obtain an image. Most hospitals require that all metal jewelry be removed for MRIs. Any metal in or on the body will greatly distort the image. Whether or not MRIs produce a magnetic force strong enough pull
    jewelry out of the body is debated.

Quoted from http://stason.org/TULARC/art/body-ar...rocedures.html - maybe you should remove them next time Jenni and read on for more stories....
    Administrator

I have both my ears done. I had them done when I was in my early teens. The new Romantic period at the time helped greatly as most of my friends had them too.

I love that I can buy any pair of earrings and just pop them straight into the lobes and off I go!

Platinum Member
    i want to get my ears done ...... my wife don't think i should do it ..... one day i think i am just going to do it ...... mabye......

Oops

I have just read Tamara's post and of course she is quite correct.....I said MRI....I meant CT Scan which is far different.....I am not able to have an MRI due to having a pacemaker. Sorry for the misinformation.
    Super Mod

Oh God, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

The Breton Fisherman's Prayer was engraved on a brass plaque and presented to President John F. Kennedy by US Navy Admiral Hyman Rickover.

Daintre, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Angel xx

Tamara

Both ears done about two months ago. Both lobes done with a gun and painless with an uneventful healing period. Wife was happy about it and helped me find a place to get it done. Still got the original studs in but she wants me to wear small pirate style hoops in male mode and anything I want in female mode.

Family reactions...nothing, zilch, from family members so far. They must have noticed but said nothing. My daughter has not seen them yet...she *will* comment but not sure what she is going to say.

Reaction from others so far....none at all.

I had both ears done a 6-7 months ago. No SO, but the X and all my friends just thought I was having a midlife crisis. At least one remarked that it looked very feminine - I think I was wearing the little hoops I've worn since. When I dyed my hair they REALLY thought I was in full mid-life crisis. Trust me when I say this - no matter how obvious of a tell you think you are putting out there, they will never guess on their own. A perfectly honest answer is, "Because I've always wanted them and I like it."

Quote Originally Posted by tall_brianna View Post
    I had both ears done a 6-7 months ago. No SO, but the X and all my friends just thought I was having a midlife crisis. At least one remarked that it looked very feminine - I think I was wearing the little hoops I've worn since. When I dyed my hair they REALLY thought I was in full mid-life crisis. Trust me when I say this - no matter how obvious of a tell you think you are putting out there, they will never guess on their own. A perfectly honest answer is, "Because I've always wanted them and I like it."
    K that is my exact "scare" Then again I guess I am just a sissy but really have the urge to get them done. I think I will wait until at least early winter- trying to make my changes kind of subtle and hope no one is paying attention

Have both ears and lots of other body piercings, 27 in total no reation other than the typical reaction if i wear my septum down. SO also has a significant amount of piercings so its not an issue and she has known all about me before we became serious involved.

Tamara GG, correction. Body piercing jewelry is typical 315 surgical stainless steel which is very low in ferrites and will not distort the imager in any MRI system. However multiple body piercing in vascular areas may hide an occusion or a infantile tumor as well as organic markers that will lead a radiologist to determine any problems that may require more testing or a more in death scan. I'm a EE for a Medical Imaging company, we design them as such, as well as the top five other providers in the world for that reason.
    Last edited by Claudia Zylindrias; 08-14-2007 at 10:43 AM.