Thread: First time out !!!

Tracy

First time out !!!

Went out for the first time this weekend. Played it safe by going to a drag show at a gay bar. I was very nervous on one hand, but relieved on the other. I think now that I dressed to fancy (tunic top and long skirt), maybe try jeans next time. I'll try to post pics later. Anyway, I had a good time. I got a few strange looks, but nothing bad. I met a gg in the parking lot, and went in with her. When I first spoke to her, she turned around and started towards me, then said "oh". I dont think she realized I was a CD at first, which I thought was cool. Right now I'm happy to be passable at a distance !!! LOL

Sounds like you had lots of fun! Congrats! I haven't gone out you as Summer but hoping to VERY soon! My wife and I were going to go when we were in San Fran but didn't have enough time to get ready (You need more than 1 day there anyways!)
    [SIZE="3"]XOXO,
    Summer[/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Please visit my Facebook site at:
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...73&ref=profile

(My Space is so dull now!)

girl next door
    Woo hoo! Congrats on your first outing, sweetie! I'm glad to hear it went well. I hope this is just the first of many enjoyable adventures for you.

Don't worry Summer, you'll get your chance soon enough.
    [SIZE="3"]
    my wish for you is peace
    [/SIZE]

lo·gom·a·chy /loʊˈgɒməki/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[loh-gom-uh-kee] –noun, plural -chies.
    1. a dispute about or concerning words.
    2. an argument or debate marked by the reckless or incorrect use of words; meaningless battle of words

Mine too!

My first time was today! It was awesome, to walk around the mall, and looking at the ladies' clothes.

[SIZE="4"]THANKS, TAMERA AND RANAE!!!!![/SIZE]

First we, Tamera and I, met at Macy's. Linda was excellent doing my face! Then we stopped by another makeup store and Bren worked on my "shadow" of a goatee and cleared that up with some SmashBox foundation. Walked the mall a little more, and then headed off to different Goodwill stores, and then met up with Ranae (even though she was in drab, bummer). It was an outstanding lunch (at Big Boy's, of course), Of course "Rebecca" needed to tinkle while she was there, and yes the ladies room was nice. Then off do some makeup shopping at Rite Aid, Walgreen's, etc. Picked up some Wild Cherry lipstick, OMG, OMG, I love that color on me. Then off to drop off Ranae, sorry you had to run to Cinci! Off to a couple more Goodwill stores, and then to Payless Shoe Store. Tried on a pair of stilleto sandles. Darn, I wish I had more $$$$! Then back to the mall to pick up my car and head home.

We started this at about 10 a.m. I didn't get home until almost 7 p.m.!!!!!

I am very glad both of you had a good first time out. It's a little scary huh. I was alone on my first adventure out. girls it keeps getting better. your attitude will improve and your confidence will build. And like me you can't wait to get out again he he. Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! P.S. with any luck at all we'll all end up like Karen.Woo Hoo!!!!!
    keep on gurlin everyone. paula may

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by rebeca_abigail30 View Post
    Walked the mall a little more, and then headed off to different Goodwill stores, and then met up with Ranae (even though she was in drab, bummer). It was an outstanding lunch (at Big Boy's, of course), Of course "Rebecca" needed to tinkle while she was there, and yes the ladies room was nice. Then off do some makeup shopping at Rite Aid, Walgreen's, etc. Picked up some Wild Cherry lipstick, OMG, OMG, I love that color on me. Then off to drop off Ranae, sorry you had to run to Cinci!
    Well, Rebeca, even though I was in drab I was still the "Smart A**" Ranae most of them know.....LOL {this girl just loves to have fun}

I loved meeting you and having lunch. See you dont always have to be dressed in fem to make-up and girly shop..... I guess I am so much Ranae that it don't matter to me. I just love being a girl even in drab!

Hope we can do it again soon.
    [SIZE="3"]Ranae
    [SIZE="2"]Just a "TRYGENDER" Girl![/SIZE] [/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"] OPL VP+ discount #541280 - NEW INCREASE! It is now a 15% discount at any Red Roof Inns in the USA just for the T-Girls[/SIZE]

Yaaaaa!!! way to go!!!
    I to had a first not a week ago!!! And was very much like your experiance!!!
    Betcha want to go out again too .....huh <hugs>

Cool!!! You git a atta' gurl. Most ppl going out for the first time, end up going to the drive thru or the stop and rob, in the middle of the night. By going to a bar show, you really went over and above most ppl....BJ

First public outing ever

I also went out for the first time in public and on home turf, home turf being a university campus where I work. The gay organization was having a Pride week and Liesl from gender DynamiX was to give a talk on transgendered issues and I wanted to meet her and also give support to my two Trans friends who both are full time. Well it was the most frightening thing I have ever done; I was more scared than when I was underfire many years ago. I spent the afternoon talking to Liesl and afterwards walked to her car which was parked fairly far from my office. Anyway it was around 18H30 so it was semi light and every one we accounted did not even take a second take, these were mostly girl students and we know that they are very perceptive, one walked passed right in front of me and even look straight at me. At the seminar there were two students from my department and one sat directly opposite from me and she did not even recognize me, later near the end I shared my experience and only then did she click. The other student walked passed me and only realized who I was when she passed me to get to her seat. I passed and I did not even have heavy makeup on. A light cover of base, it was light enough to show my natural completion but heavy enough to cover beard shadow. I was dressed a little more up that the usual jeans and top type outfits that seem to be the norm. I had on a shirt dress, red and white polka dot with matching wedge heels so I did stand out a bit, well a lot. Even after walking back to the office those that passed me did not even see anything amiss.
    Passed I did.
    I feel so much better for this experience and hope to have some more public outings in the future.
    In the attached photo is what I wore except the wig as my own hair is the same length as the wig in the photo I styled it in a fem style
    Attached Images Attached Images

Emerging butterfly...
    It's such an empowering feeling isn't it?

Last Saturday evening was my first time anywhere beyond my own home. I attended my first Tri-ESS meeting as Veronica & was sooo nervous at first that I could barely even walk or talk, or even feel the femininity I'd waited so long to express in the presence of others. But the girls were so kind & gently supportive to me that I eventually relaxed some, & by the final hour I at last started to feel femme. Just as I'd begun to taste the delicious freedom of being my true, feminine self in (semi)-public, the meeting was coming to it's end. Whatta bummer!

Well, I was still pumped & my "first-time-high" was still climbing, so I couldn't just go home now! But at the same time I knew I wasn't ready to go too public just yet. So I decided to take another baby-step by stopping at a quiet convenience store for a celebratory six-pack. I tested my femme voice (which I hadn't used at the meeting) in the car, gathered my rapidly fading courage & went inside. I was hoping to merely get in & back out, cleanly & quickly. The (quite cute) twenty or thirty-something cashier had another idea. He tried to keep me there with chit-chat, questions & compliments about my outfit & my "pretty eyes". It finally dawned on me that he was actually flirting with me as an attractive woman! I'm sure he must've then seen my deep blush, even through all my make-up!

I felt soo exhilarated that he found me desirable & I flirted back just a little. When he asked for my phone number I told him I was just passing through from somewhere else, & to end on a good note, I made my exit.

I was barely aware of driving home after that encounter with such a cute (& much younger) guy. My mind was all a-whirl, my heart a-flutter, & my body electrified! It took forever to get to sleep, with all the thoughts dancing through my head. I was amazed how validated & empowered as a woman his attention had made me feel. I was so sure of not passing if someone gave me more than a quick glance, that his reaction just blew me away. It's a shame he'll never know what a precious gift of confidence he gave to such a timid, frightened girl that night! Hmmm... I guess I could find a way to thank him , but why take a chance on ruining something so perfect already?

Anyways, I've now got a lil' more confidence for my next adventure & I hope you do too!

Luv,

Veronica

Come on girl,
    Need to show some of them pictures I took.
    Stay in touch......
    Huggies,
    Tamera

Quote Originally Posted by rebeca_abigail30 View Post
    My first time was today! It was awesome, to walk around the mall, and looking at the ladies' clothes.

[SIZE="4"]THANKS, TAMERA AND RANAE!!!!![/SIZE]

First we, Tamera and I, met at Macy's. Linda was excellent doing my face! Then we stopped by another makeup store and Bren worked on my "shadow" of a goatee and cleared that up with some SmashBox foundation. Walked the mall a little more, and then headed off to different Goodwill stores, and then met up with Ranae (even though she was in drab, bummer). It was an outstanding lunch (at Big Boy's, of course), Of course "Rebecca" needed to tinkle while she was there, and yes the ladies room was nice. Then off do some makeup shopping at Rite Aid, Walgreen's, etc. Picked up some Wild Cherry lipstick, OMG, OMG, I love that color on me. Then off to drop off Ranae, sorry you had to run to Cinci! Off to a couple more Goodwill stores, and then to Payless Shoe Store. Tried on a pair of stilleto sandles. Darn, I wish I had more $$$$! Then back to the mall to pick up my car and head home.

We started this at about 10 a.m. I didn't get home until almost 7 p.m.!!!!!
    Please read this regarding personal information http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/faq.php?faq=main_rules#faq_personal_information

[SIZE="2"]"GENDER" is not whats between the "THIGHS", but whats between the "EARS".....[/SIZE]

Congrads......I know what it feels to go out dressed. It is such a great feeling. My first time was last year when I attended HEF2006, but that was a CD convention and everyone in the Hotel, including the the guest knew too. My first time out where no one knew I was a CD was this year. I was more nervious this time than I was at HEF2006, but no one seem to care or take much notice of me so it worked out great. I even went shoe shopping at a Payless and had the best time.
    You will find it gets easier each time and the more your relaxed and enjoy the outing the less other people around you will take notice.

Excellent!
    You go girl!
    Its so nice to be out.
    I remember my first time in public, Feb 2007, and although I was a little nervous I felt great. It was if I was reborn again.
    I been out several times now that can't even count anymore.
    Its so addictive.
    One is for sure, it gets easier the more you do it.
    Keep it up.

Hugs!
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

Congrats to all for that first time out. Isn't it wonderful!

Once your 'out' there is no going back. Your 'closet' becomes just a place to keep the ever expanding wardrobe.
    No closet is big enough!

In the beautiful Blue Ridge mountains of VA
    Great news to all of you who made it out for the first time, it is a great feeling and keeps getting better and easier with each venture, enjoy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Life is too short dress whenever you can!

Hey Bell, sounds like a nice outing.

Way to go Girl!

SandyR
    Real Men can Cook in Heels...

OK, I know I've been gone a while, but work has been he**. Fiscal Year closeout and stuff.

I tried uploading pics, but all of them that I tried, failed. I'll again later.

well now that you have experienced going out enfemme, there is no turning back, you will want to go out more, that is how it was for me it is like a new found freedom, glad it went well for you.

The first time out is the hardest, it will be smooth sailing from here on out.

here is a couple of the pictures I took after I got home from "Rebeca's Day Out."
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tamera, the pictures you took aren't uploading. Can you post them for me?

Congrats!
    The first time is nerve wracking, but now that you've been out you can't go back now.
    Its definitely addicting and fun, but the more you do it the more confident you'll be.
    You go girl!

Hugs!
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

Congrats on your first time out ! - I'm new to this as well so I know just how you feel.

You'll find you still feel nervous when you go out on the next few occasions but that fades in time - and just leaves the excitement.

It's exciting, but it does bring some regrets....... you'll wish you had done it years ago !

well done