Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why? (do CDs ALWAYS wear pantyhose?)

Why? (do CDs ALWAYS wear pantyhose?)

This is something i've been asking myself for a while now.. and everytime i look in the picture threads it reminds me again.

The question i ask is this....... Why do crossdressers ALWAYS wear pantyhose?
    I mean is it a case spot the crossdresser or something? Because the women that i look at or associate with don't wear them, only on special occasions.

The exception to this is corporate buisness women, and the likes, but not much more other than that.

I will admit that i do wear them on the odd occasion, like most women, and love the feel of them on my shaved legs.. but i have no need to wear them all the time. Right now i'm going through a footless tights phase, or full length tights... Just following the fashions of today i suppose.
    Last edited by rachel_rachel; 08-14-2007 at 03:25 AM.
    i am what I am, I do what I do..
    i do not seek approval from others.

Gender Variant Badger PaulaJaneThomas's Avatar
    I only wear them on cooler days. If it's hot then bare legs are far more comfortable (not that we've had much hot weather this summer).
    Best Wishes

Paula

Warning: This product may contain Badger
    Every girl crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed Badger.

"Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?"
    - Tony Hancock

Hugging the Kurves! RobertaFermina's Avatar
    I wear them more than half the time, evenings especially.

I like how they cover imperfections & hair.

don't want to shave EVERY TIME I go out.

Not ready to try the European CD Motif !

Roberta
    [COLOR=Red]Open your Heart :

Really?

Why do crossdressers ALWAYS wear pantyhose?
    Do they? I don't...

geez, don't you love it when poeple select the part of the post they want to quote and not the whole thing......

A lot of the photos here in the pictures section clearly show this, and most really seriously don't look right. Too shiny, or wearing them with sandles.... there's too many horror stories to mention.

If you look at most of the posts in the M2F section.... a vast majority of them start with do i pass, i didn't pass this time, i got clocked at the shops, so on and so on...
    i am what I am, I do what I do..
    i do not seek approval from others.

Blushing June '07 Bride Sheri 4242's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rachel_rachel View Post
    Why do crossdressers ALWAYS wear pantyhose? . . .
    (b)ecause the women that i look at or associate with don't wear them, only on special occasions. The exception to this is corporate buisness women, and the likes, but not much more other than that.
    Very interesting question. Let me answer it two ways. First, IMO many crossdressers wear pantyhose b/c pantyhose help "the look" of the legs (adds color and can hide, to some greater or lesser degree, hair for those who don't shave; for those who do shave "silky" nylon against the leg has an incredible feeling). Second, it is what many think help make "the total package look."

I have learned that, to begin with, pantyhose aren't really, per se, a part of the total package look. Thigh Hi's (a.) accomplish the same thing pantyhose do, in re adding color to the legs and somewhat covering/hiding hair; (b.) are much more comfortable, in re if you have the right size they'll stay up and not "bag" at the crotch; (c,) look more sexy -- much like hose sans the garters, and (d.) add the element of "the total look." So, that answers all of the elements of what I said in the first paragraph.

NEXT, crossdressers who wear either pantyhose or thigh hi's need to realize that "to look natural and legitimate" you need to do what GG's do. Don't wear either when the weather is hot unless you need a "formal look" for a special occasion!!!

Personally, I think hoisery of any kind is an important part of the overall feminine look -- but only if worn when it is appropriate to do so. And, when the temperature is in the 90's, "that aint the time" to wear hoisery unless you are going out in formal or semi-formal clothes!!! Also, on another personal note, find the right size and get used to wearing Hanes silky thigh hi's -- IMHO you'll find they feel great and look even better/sexier!!!

After I started wearing thigh hi's and subsequently began singing their praises, my wife tried them "seriously" for the first time -- and she agrees with my assessment!!! BY THE WAY, try them when you are intimate with your SO!!! Unlike pantyhose, you don't have to take them off, but rather can leave them on -- and there is such a GREAT feeling if you both have them on -- silky legs against silky legs!!! Works by me!!!

Last edited by Sheri 4242; 08-14-2007 at 04:45 AM.
    [SIZE="4"]Sheri[/SIZE]

geez, don't you love it when poeple select the part of the post they want to quote and not the whole thing......
    Like this?

I would like to point out that you are the one that used an absolute term ("always", and in caps too) to say that every single CDer every single time wears the same choice in hosery.

As for me, I don't even own a pair of panythose, I sometimes use thighhighs for photo shoots if I am doing a glam look, or have hairy legs at the time. But, my legs are a little beat up anyway, so hose helps to hide some of the scars. And I have NEVER worn hose with sandals, or any open-toed shoe.
    DanaJ

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I don't wear pantyhose, I prefer stockings. I may be in a minority group since I do not want to be or look like a woman, I wear the clothes because I love doing so.

I went outside en femme on the weekend several times, once with bare legs, a few times in pantihose, and once with black fishnets over skintone pantihose, although I was wearing a long skirt with those.

It's still rather cold down here, and I see many GGs wearing hosiery, quite a few of them wearing fishnets or fancy patterned tights. In summer time, bare legs are certainly popular, but there are plenty of GGs here in Sydney who wear hosiery of some form.

Robin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

I dunno Hon, people just wear what makes them feel comfortable I guess.

I hate panty hose..... more today than a few months ago... lol But never liked the feeling...

Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

geez, don't you love it when poeple select the part of the post they want to quote and not the whole thing....
    Ummmm.......

I don't own any at this moment. Have in the past though.

Fishers by Indianapolis switcheralso's Avatar

New to C/D

I wore pantyhose when I was new to C/D it just allowed me to experience being a girl. I don't wear hose now.

Silver Member
    I never wear panty hose---it's always thigh highs for Me---sexier, allows Me more freedom and I dont have to remove them to engage in, shall We say, intimant activities.
    Last edited by MsJanessa; 08-14-2007 at 06:57 AM.
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

Yes, hosiery does hide a host of imperfections, scars, etc... I wear them often because I love the feel and the fit. I have never minded the heat like some girls. That being said, I do force myself to go without to look right in jeans, summer outfits and sandals. I do order the Hanes toesless hose for evenings so that I can both wear pantyhose and open toed shoes!

And the shiney hose, I think are for those who just love that look from the 70's.
    Sally

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheri 4242 View Post
    Very interesting question. Let me answer it two ways. First, IMO many crossdressers wear pantyhose b/c pantyhose help "the look" of the legs (adds color and can hide, to some greater or lesser degree, hair for those who don't shave; for those who do shave "silky" nylon against the leg has an incredible feeling). Second, it is what many think help make "the total package look."

After I started wearing thigh hi's and subsequently began singing their praises, my wife tried them "seriously" for the first time -- and she agrees with my assessment!!! BY THE WAY, try them when you are intimate with your SO!!! Unlike pantyhose, you don't have to take them off, but rather can leave them on -- and there is such a GREAT feeling if you both have them on -- silky legs against silky legs!!! Works by me!!!

I don't think that ALL Crossdressers ALWAYS wear pantyhose. I know I don't! Yes, I do own some and have worn them on occasion when it was quite cold in the Pacific Northwest. Since moving to Georgia years ago have never found the need. Thigh Highs work very well, especially the way Sheri mentioned in her last paragraph!! And unlike pantyhose, they one less thing you have to worry about when you need to use the facilities!

Sissy

More Girl than man sometimes

Ah! I do for two reasons.
    1 - When I was growing up in the 70's, they WERE worn by most women. Yes, fashions do and have changed, but some things you grow up with stick with you. In my mind, they are VERY fem.
    2 - I am the proud owner of a primarily female disease called Erythema nodosum. It is a form of 'panniculitis' or inflammation of subcutaneous fat tissue, is quite painful, and looks like rather large and painful bruises all over both legs. Probably 40% of both of my legs are covered in these bruises right now so my legs are UGLY big time.

Having said that, I have over the last month STOPPEd wearing them. It is far too hot, and as you pointed out, since the GG's don't, it does not help you when trying to belnd in. I just wear longer skirts (which I like anyway).

I'm one girl who enjoys wearing hose or thigh highs whenever I dress. I am very accustomed to wearing hose or thigh highs, even in the summer months. The heat never bothered me. For me, it is a very important aspect of looking my feminine best. I like the way nylons make my legs look smooth and add color. They feel great too. Dressing-up in sheer, dusky nylons and wearing an attractive pair of heels is a true, feminine delight.
    Tiana
    "I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a girl in it."

Platinum Member
    i don't wear them very often i would rather my bare legs .....i think most that do wear them all the time just have a thingy for them ..... or hair , white legs or perhaps some scars that might stand out.....

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    As from my avatar, you can tell that I am one of "those crossdressers" that wear pantyhose. There are several reasons why.

1. This was the first item of womens clothing that I was ever attracted to, so it is basically going to always be a permanent fixture of my crossdressing. In other words, if I'm not wearing them, I don't feel completely dressed, even when wearing pants.

2. I'm a child of the 80's, when I was growing up it seemed GG's everywhere wore them all the time, work, school, TV, etc, so this has kind of permanently been programed into my mind.

3. Leg Blemishes- Even though my legs are shaved, they are horribly scared from several mishaps I have endured in male mode, and they look too hideous to pull off the bare leg look successfully

4. I love the way they look and feel even if they are rarely ever worn anymore by GG's. I will now and will always continue to wear them.

I wear what feels right. Mostly thigh highs and I wear a color that doesn't show in summer. No hose in summer and NOT in open toes. I get so tired of hearing the fashion rules. Do what feels right to you. I could care less what others think and if they want to say it it is their stuff so I just let it breeze by. Like a breeze under my skirt mmmmmmmm love that. Kahlan

In my case, I have worn them on a daily basis for the past twenty plus years. Growing up, whenever I saw a girl, woman, lady out in public in a skirt or slacks, she was wearing pantyhose (or knee-highs). there was a time when it was improper for a woman to NOT wear stockings or pantyhose.

For many of us, it may be that pantyhose was how we got our start in the wondeful world of CDing. I can remember very vividly that I was able to always find a pair of pantyhose to wear in my youth. They had become a staple in my wardrobe (at least when I was home alone), I wouldn't dress in anything without first putting on a pair of pantyhose over the panties.

Kandis
    Someone once told me "Put on Your big girl panties and deal with it". If they only knew, I WAS ALREADY WEARING THEM.

I wear the bras and panties so my wife doesn't have to.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

In the paved over air-conditioned desert.

For me..

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy me View Post
    i think most that do wear them all the time just have a thingy for them ..... or hair , white legs or perhaps some scars that might stand out.....
    All of the above at times!

Several reasons. It was one of the things I tried very young and those things imprint fairly deeply. Also when I did wear them prior to my first full shave a couple of months ago (Oh that was SO worth it) it covers the hair with which I cannot see my self as remotely feminine. And lastly if it actually bothered me, I would want to hide the very deep, but at least now faded in color scars from multiple high velocity compound fractures of the tibia and fibula!

Another reason I sometimes wear them underdressed is they are a nice reminder of my fem side and in control top the help with tucking into those sung fem jeans.

As far as partial quotes, I try to be sensitive about not distorting an original poster's meaning or use it to belittle. Having said that,

(I)
    love it when people select the part of the post they want to quote and not the whole thing.
    Now the reason I do is it aids clarity. I always start at the top of the thread and begin with the original post. I read to understand but not to pass an S.R.A. test (Student Reading Achievement Test). When someone quotes the WHOLE text, I am faced with the choice of recalling the original post in its entirety, or re-reading the WHOLE thing yet again, trying to discern which part the respondent is referencing.

The key for me is whether I have captured in the quote the portion that best encapsulates the thought, not as written necessarily, but as I the reader perceived it. Makes it more of a two way interaction. Like reflexive listening. I have seen it abused though so I am reasonably careful.

Its a fine line to walk, I realize. One of the difficulties I have is ignoring the little red underlines in an original post that show spelfing errs but not gramitaka in Mozilla.
    Last edited by BarbaraTalbot; 08-14-2007 at 09:25 AM.
    Vincent Vega: Well, I confess that I wait to talk, but I am trying to learn to listen. (paraphrased)

Barbara's Blog

I like the feel of hose, but would much rather wear thigh highs. Now that I am completely shaved and tan, cant timgaine wearing them unless for a very special occasion Once I shaved my shins though, I realized how many times my shins have been beat up from work over the years, may have to work on that.

I'm one of those women who wear pantyhose almost all the time, the exception being when I wear stockings. I wear them because I like to and I feel they make my legs look nicer.
    Kisses, Linda