Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Why? (do CDs ALWAYS wear pantyhose?)

I haven't gone through the other pages, so I'm probably restating someone else's ideas, but just because there are still panty hose companies, and displays at stores doesn't mean that women are wearing them in droves. There's a LOT of people in the U.S., and elsewhere. Sure some women do wear them, but mostly the over 50 crowd, and some younger women in more conservative parts of the country and in conservative professions.

My girlfriend works in a fairly conservative job and often wears them during three seasons, with skirts, usually for warmth. She's 29.

Me, I don't like them. I'll put a pair of "hose" on once in a blue moon, and usually wear bare legs or sometimes stockings/thigh highs for special outfits.
    -Sedona

I wear them only when appropriate, such as with business suits and sometimes cocktail dresses and the like. I also like the bare-leg look, since I have grown to believe I can get away with that. I used to think I could not, for some reason.

I think men initially like to wear things because they are new - for example, men do not normally wear pantyhose or anything resembling them. Likewise, wearing silk is relatively rare. Novelty is part of the equation, and as time goes on and the novelty wears off, a sense of style and certain preferences weigh in.
    Alex Forbes
    Faux Femme
    Flickr Page

In the beautiful Blue Ridge mountains of VA
    I have been dressing for 34 years now and pantyhose had always been a must have but for some special times there is nothing like wearing nylons and a garter belt

mandatory for me

I started out as a pantyhose / gartered stocking fetishist (over 30 years ago), and turned into a crossdresser. I have only been going out "en femme" since January, and received many compliments.
    I hate the bare legged look, and greatly miss the demise of pantyhose in the fashion world / popular culture. Then again, I despise the popular culture and fashion industries, and will wear whatever I want. Some of what I buy is trendy, most is not. ALL of it is on sale!
    Recently I noticed varicose veins, and my legs are always chewed up from shaving mishaps.
    I love pantyhose, and will prequently remove the cotton crotch to allow access to the "naughty bits".

I like the stockings and garter belt look above all else but also like thigh highs. I rarely wear pantyhose. I became a teenager in the '60s when pantyhose became popular. I will never forgive the inventors of pantyhose for inhibiting one of my favorite activities (involving explorations with the fingers). Pantyhose was little more than the re-introduction of the chastity belt. A curse be upon them!

I never wear pantyhose myself (called tights where I used to come from in the UK) - but I do wear stockings (with suspenders, known as garter belts in the US) - usually black or tan coloured. Is this the same as the thigh highs you all mentioned?

Isn't the terminology so complicated - why can't we all speak the same language !!

I always keep my legs shaved and smooth (whole body actually) and I find tan colour looks better than black, as guys legs are usually thinner than girls anyway - and the black colour makes them look even thinner. I also go for the 'glossy' stockings as they look so good and feel f-a-n-t-a-s-t-i-c !!

But what about fishnet or patterned stockings/pantyhose/thigh highs - they look so sexy but often draws a crowd..!

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I only wear pantyhose when it's colder. Spring, summer, and fall in California is always warm enough to go bare legged. My wife is the same too, wears pantyhose only in the winter and only (of course) if she's wearing a skirt.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Aspiring lady of leisure kay_jessica's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzy Harrison View Post

Isn't the terminology so complicated - why can't we all speak the same language !!

To quote George Bernard Shaw "two countries divided by a common language". One needs to extend that to the population of dozens of countries with in excess of 600 million people. Of course, one could refer to definitive guides like the Oxford Thesaurus and Oxford English Dictionary for the correct usage of words including pronunciation and spelling. However, I fully accept that languages evolve and for all intense and purposes American English is a dialect. What frustrates me though is the internet, we are increasingly forced to use incorrect spellings of words. For example, the developers of web forums embed incorrect spelling of colour. "{color=color}{/color}" , and annoyingly, the OS tries to tell me I've spelt (spelled) it wrong dispite having all UK English configs set correctly. Furthermore, why oh why should the default language for the web be Americanised (Americanized) English after all we invented the World Wide Web. As a result, more and more people in the UK use the American forms rather than the correct English forms.

Sorry, I could not resist that one.............For those interested there is a very good account of the English/American English differences here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America...sh_differences
    Last edited by kay_jessica; 08-19-2007 at 04:09 AM.

hose and stockings

..I've a collection of all in many styles etc ..
    while pantyhose have their place ...esp in winter ..
    I prefer "crotchless" for all the "benifits" eh ?? hehe "K"
    Just Remember,"Wherever You go- There You are ! "

i have many pairs of pantyhose which i wear under slacks. but when i wear a skirt i like stockings thigh highs are great with or without the garters. sometimes lounging around i like pantyhose along with a teddie

I wear pantyhose[tights] because i like to! Simple as that!

Pantyhose

I like pantyhose mainly for the feel of them and I like the support. I always where them
    when it is cold and I must go in drabhttp://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...lies/happy.gif

Pantyhose addicted

Pantyhose

Love the look and feel.

Pantyhose are usually one of the first things we wear when we start to cd. The other day I wore a gold top, a pair of very tight, very short white shorts and sandals with 4.5" heels. And no hose for the first time. It felt so sexy!
    Amber Lynn

almost always wear them

I almost always wear them when I dress, except on hot days... generally I just enjoy the feel of a skirt against nylon-covered legs... always have since I was young...

I think nowadays it's a fashion thing... hosiery is out of fashion and bare legs are in... I think it is part and parcel of the way our entire society has become overly casual... I used to walk into a bank or my mother's office back in the '80s, and all the female employees were dressed nicely in dresses and skirt outfits, very few wore slacks... now all the female employees wear slacks and what used to be considered casual shirts. Very few wear skirts and if they do, the dressiest thing they pair with it may be a twinset. In some cases, I don't like it because it looks inappropriate to be dressed so casual in a place of business like a bank or a higher-end store... but there they are, young ladies dressed in slacks or casual outfits... hmmmm...
    "Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes..."

T-Girl and here to stay!! Rosaliy Lynne's Avatar

Why I wear pantyhose (mostly)

I can't speak for others but for me the answer was simple. I could not initially find garters to hold up stockings. Also, at the various dollar stores, there were only pantyhose and I figure how far wrong can a gal go for one dollar?

I prefer the support type panthose because they hold me in better every where I need holding in. Control top hose tends to let my original equipment stay hidden without tape and since I don't like tape on my skin, this works well for me.

Recently I did find some garters so I broke down and purhcased some and the nylongs to go with them. I still wear pantyhose mostly though and for the reasons I have already stated.
    Rosaliy Lynne
    We are who we are. We become what we must.
    http://rosaliylynne.com/

girlie guy
    Totally right on , LindaTS, you don't always need pantyhose when you can wear stockings instead, it's just that pantyhose are more convenient than garters but not nearly as fun, and they hold everything in place better, but you can always wear some snug panties instead, anyway, the answer is, we don't always wear pantyhose, see?

And BTW, if you think stockings are out of style, look at www.stockingirl.com
    (that's where I got these!)

I apologize that I have not read the other answers to this thread, so I may not be adding anything new, but wanted to give my thoughts.

First, for me, the real question is, 'Why don't more women wear pantyhose?'. They look and feel so feminine and sexy, and feel great on. Having said that I hear women complain about them a lot, but I wear them even to work and love the feel - my legs truly feel better with them on (I wear support ones as I have some circulatory problems). I hope they come back in fashion again soon!

My legs are not shaven, and I suspect I would like it a lot more if they were, but I can't easily get away with that. With the pantyhose, my legs feel nice and smooth, despite the hair beneath them.

Im a huge fan! Anything that a man is not supposed to wear I "get off" by wearing/doing...

Aspiring Member

laugh!!

the other day i was in the store buying some groceries, when it was time to check out the lady asked so politely,and how are you today sir? i replied, i cant wait to get home and get these hose off there killin me!! oh what a laugh we had. if only she knew!!!

for me always because .the way they look, and feel. stockings, hose are a must to cd
    can i go from prettieboyinneed to prettyboy

I wear them almost every day, except in really warm summer days.. It's a feeling of them on my legs that I love the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Khriss View Post
    ..while pantyhose have their place ...esp in winter ..
    I prefer "crotchless" for all the "benifits" eh ?? hehe "K"
    I have to agree with Khriss.

I'm not big on the "tucking" thing either.

Just me.

sugar

Quote Originally Posted by kay_jessica View Post
    rather than the correct English forms.
    We dumped your tea & we dumped your lingo. Don't get pissed ( that means angry )

Time changes everything- if you look at our "founding fathers" writing you'll see a bunch of F's where S's belong
    and there are GG's ( in this country ) these days who call each other "dude."

Short Skirts & Long Legs
    Not this girl, I love thigh his with garters and during the summer I don't wear hose of any kind...