Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Why? (do CDs ALWAYS wear pantyhose?)

My two cents on pantyhose:

1) they ARE fun and functional to wear
    2) they ARE NOT always suitable for some seasons/some events/some outfits/ and definately not suitable for all shoes!

Someone said in an earlier post that one should take cues from other women around us as to when panyhose are appropriate to wear. This is sage advice!

**sound of Jacqui stepping down from the soapbox now**

Be pretty everyone!!
    HUGS!

I have allwaye's ware them since the first time my mom put them on in the 70s and I were lot of dress and min skirts so I were panty hose because you always were them with dress old school I guess but that the why I was raised. but when I were my Dasie dookes I were panty hose with them but not with flip flop, It with heels or short socks and a pair of tennis.
    The chose of were them all the time is mine they fit me will I never have a problem with them falling down or the crotch sagging or the wast rolling down you just have to find the right size and fit and there like a second skin.
    Now with it so hot in Ohio the last few mouth I have been spraying that pantyhose in the can on them It looke's just like hose with out the heat or if I got a tan on them I just wipe them down with asrto lube and they look great with a tan I got that out of the Lady's home journal.
    Jackie:be:
    Last edited by jackieo; 08-15-2007 at 06:05 PM.

I wear them most of the time in winter, in summer its just much too hot.
    Anthea

Quote Originally Posted by Julogden View Post
    Hmmm, I think you're missing an important point: we all dress to please ourselves, not to please you or anyone else. If the pictures were spoiled for you, that's your problem, no one else's, dear.

Carol
    See i don't think i've missed the point at all here... quite the opposite in fact.
    If you read my second post on this thread you'll see that i have mentioned about seeing the boards loaded with threads about passing and so forth... and therefore in this day and age, like i said, women just don't wear them all that much anymore, with a few exceptions. Like i mentioned.

If passing out in public is all about fitting in, there is an old saying that goes.. "when in rome, do as the romans do"

I couldn't really care about being pleased or not by looking at the photos either, if someone asks for an opinion then they've opened themselves up for comment, good or bad.

That being said, i do not and will not comment on the photos posted here by other members, i just don't believe it to be fair.... All i said was, actually asked was, Why is it that crossdressers feel the need to wear pantyhose? Or stockings or any other form of hoisery for that matter.
    i am what I am, I do what I do..
    i do not seek approval from others.

it feels good and it's fun. simply.

Quote Originally Posted by Julogden View Post
    Hmmm, I think you're missing an important point: we all dress to please ourselves, not to please you or anyone else. If the pictures were spoiled for you, that's your problem, no one else's, dear.

Carol
    I sometimes dress for the competition. And so do other Girls.
    Hugs,
    Tamera
    Please read this regarding personal information http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/faq.php?faq=main_rules#faq_personal_information

[SIZE="2"]"GENDER" is not whats between the "THIGHS", but whats between the "EARS".....[/SIZE]

I also grew up admiring the GG of the Eighties ,wearing pantyhose, I mean come on did you ever see a Three's Company episode were any of the girls were not nylon clad, Oh one more thing control top, control top control top.
    Big "Girls" want to be pretty too![SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

blah

i NEVER wear pantyhose.... it's not the current trend...
    [SIZE="4"]Body of a man, mind of a woman...strength and intelligence...not good enough though[/SIZE]

*~Girl At Heart~*

Talking Imma Loves Pantyhose and Stockings

To Group:

Please count me in the "wearer" group!

Nothing beats pantyhose followed by gartered stockings. Pantyhose stop garter grips and stocking gaposis at inner thighs from well gartered stockings.

As you walk, gartered stockings will slide up and down on your pantyhose with a wonderful sensation.

With multiple foundations in place, it makes Imma one happy CD!

LOL

Imma

It's a tradition, next to panties. It was one of the first clothing attire available to me. Besides, it covers up some of the manly things I have done to my legs, it feels nice and when I dress up, it is a special occasion.

Although I do prefer thigh high nylons and garter belts.

No point breaking tradition now.

Suzanne

Quote Originally Posted by rachel_rachel View Post
    See i don't think i've missed the point at all here... quite the opposite in fact.
    If you read my second post on this thread you'll see that i have mentioned about seeing the boards loaded with threads about passing and so forth... and therefore in this day and age, like i said, women just don't wear them all that much anymore, with a few exceptions. Like i mentioned.

If passing out in public is all about fitting in, there is an old saying that goes.. "when in rome, do as the romans do"

I couldn't really care about being pleased or not by looking at the photos either, if someone asks for an opinion then they've opened themselves up for comment, good or bad.

That being said, i do not and will not comment on the photos posted here by other members, i just don't believe it to be fair.... All i said was, actually asked was, Why is it that crossdressers feel the need to wear pantyhose? Or stockings or any other form of hoisery for that matter.
    Hi Rachel,

While there aren't as many females wearing hosiery for everyday wear as there used to be, there are still many that do, more in some regions than in others, and as you mentioned, it varies with the season, warm weather is not hosiery weather as a general rule.

For dressier occasions, pantyhose are still quite prevalent, it all depends on the outfit and setting. For example, I attended a couple weddings earlier this year, and almost 100% of the women who attended wore hosiery.

But here's what you said, and what I responded to:

Like i said in an earlier post, there have been some really good photos that have been posted, but the look spoiled by pantyhose, where IMO there was no need for them to be worn at all.
    I'd have to disagree about pantyhose spoiling anyones look, that was my point, not looking for an argument, just want to make my point clear.

If anyone posts a photo wearing pantyhose, it's obviously what we prefer, regardless of whether you think it looks good. No one is asking for opinions on passing in this thread, so while you're certainly free to have your opinions, I feel that your remark wasn't appropriate in this thread, and came across as a bit judgemental.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

I wear them mostly because my legs are very light skin for a hispanic and i mean light skin so i wear them to match the rest of my body,i normally wear suntan or beige color panty hose.
    janielatb: I'm in love with the person inside me.

Smile

One of the first things my Mom taught me in the 70'S was "a girl is not dressed without pantyhose & lipstick"
    Jennifer Marie "man i feel like a women"

I wear them simply because they feel so good.

I am one who loves wearing pantyhose. It was what I started wearing when I was small so it stuck with me. I love the way it makes my legs look especially in tan or black

Smile do they?

some do -some dont .but its not as nice as wearing ffnylons with girdle.or corset the thrill and feel of silk stockings xxxxxxxxxx

Well wear all kinds of hoes thigh highs knee highs ankle and garders stockings
    And some times I don't wear any
    Angie

New Member / longtime CD JamieTV's Avatar
    I never ever wear pantyhose. I just hate them with such a passion, give me real stockings or thigh highs anyday and I am one happy girl.
    Jamie[SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

Life is too short not to have the right heels

Well, rachel_rachel, I think that you are pretty critical for no apparent reason. Raising the question (about panty hose, for example) is one thing and a perfectly acceptable thing at that. But your opening words of this follow-up ("geez, don't you love it . . .") seem unnecessarily critical. It appears to me that the respondent simply wanted to comment on one part of your initial inquiry. She certainly didn't mislead anyone by omitting the rest of the context.
    As to those individuals who ask such questions as "did I pass" or make such statements as "I didn't pass" or "I nearly missed being read," I think that they are just trying to join the discussion with the topics that matter to them most at this time. If you don't appreciate their topics or complaints, you may ignore them. However, even though you also have the right to criticize them, I think that your comments of that order would be better left unsaid.
    most really seriously don't look right. "Too shiny, or wearing them with sandles....": PLEASE! Thousands of GGs provide plenty of variety in what they wear, how they look, how shiny their legs or hose or pantyhose are, and whether or not they wear hose with sandals.
    Give it a rest, rachel_rachel!

geez, don't you love it when poeple select the part of the post they want to quote and not the whole thing......

A lot of the photos here in the pictures section clearly show this, and most really seriously don't look right. Too shiny, or wearing them with sandles.... there's too many horror stories to mention.

If you look at most of the posts in the M2F section.... a vast majority of them start with do i pass, i didn't pass this time, i got clocked at the shops, so on and so on...
    warmly, Linnea

Banned Read only
    I wear any thing that will help me achieve my goal looking like a real woman. They do it, why can't I. Some days it is pantyhose, others something else.
    I don't believe in trends. Trends are just a way to seperate you from your money till someone else say you have to wear this now. Young people have fallen into this trap for years. All fashion is speculation anyway you just have to find your own viewpoint. The right item can last for years. My avatar dress is over 15 years old and to me it still looks as good as the day I bought it.

I wear them because I like the way they look and they hide imperfections.
    Hail Satin!

Quote Originally Posted by jodie wexler View Post
    I wear any thing that will help me achieve my goal looking like a real woman. They do it, why can't I. Some days it is pantyhose, others something else.
    I don't believe in trends. Trends are just a way to seperate you from your money till someone else say you have to wear this now. Young people have fallen into this trap for years. All fashion is speculation anyway you just have to find your own viewpoint. The right item can last for years. My avatar dress is over 15 years old and to me it still looks as good as the day I bought it.
    Jodie, I couldn't agree more. The fashion industry depends on many consumers being lemmings who will blindly follow the latest fashion whether or not it works for them.

And I agree, that dress of yours looks great!

Carol
    My name is Carol.

This is something i've been asking myself for a while now.. and everytime i look in the picture threads it reminds me again.

The question i ask is this....... Why do crossdressers ALWAYS wear pantyhose?
    I mean is it a case spot the crossdresser or something? Because the women that i look at or associate with don't wear them, only on special occasions.

The exception to this is corporate buisness women, and the likes, but not much more other than that.

I will admit that i do wear them on the odd occasion, like most women, and love the feel of them on my shaved legs.. but i have no need to wear them all the time. Right now i'm going through a footless tights phase, or full length tights... Just following the fashions of today i suppose.
    Dear gf, Please forgive me,but after reading the first page of this thread I could not help giving a quick reply. I will however, finish reading the whole thread when I finish. I wear pantyhose much of the time for a variety of reasons. The main reason I do this is the way I feel when this " second skin " caresses my legs and seems to give me some bounce to my walk. Sounds crazy but it's true.I wonder if any of you feel the same? Like I said, wearing hose for many reasons; way too many for a quick reply! A very good question and one that merits alot of attention and understanding. Luv,Sammie

Aspiring lady of leisure kay_jessica's Avatar
    ..............Because the women that i look at or associate with don't wear them, only on special occasions.

The exception to this is corporate buisness women, and the likes, but not much more other than that.

If that were really the case then why do so many department stores, supermarkets, chemist (drugstores), filling stations, corner shops, and even newsagents stock massive racks of them. Are there that many trannies out there that keep the whole tights business going. I think not. GGs do wear them and millions of pairs a year get worn and discarded, thats why companies like Charmois, Dupont, Aristoc, Wolfords are $m companies

Well I think it was a style and in the day it was the mark of fem. Today many average day to day women do not wear them. But then, ladies do not wear skirts and dresses like they use to either. That was the norm and now it is only if people go out for the most part.

I think to many of our sisters it resembles softness and being fem. Not to mention aside from being a tad warm they feel like a million bucks on your skin. And others do it to give a smooth look to their legs incase they don't shave or have bad skin or veins.

I for one almost never wear them but I do have great legs that are shaved.

I also so an arguement about the racks and racks of them in little stores and things. Well that was true. But here in the states today thoes racks are mostly gone. And there maybe be a pair or two on the shelf. And Wal-mart had tons of them. But today locally they are down to one little short rack of them. Here they are becoming more of a thing of the past.

Tiffany Lee
    no matter how much love we have, we can not feel it if we are not happy inside

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy ****, what a ride!",author unknown

Women to me are gods greatest forms of beauty and art in motion.