Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crossdressing to relax? Umm..

Crossdressing to relax? Umm..

I've read quite a few people on here, as well as a few other places saying that they crossdress to relax.

I'm not sure that I understand.

Its one thing to just lounge around the house in a skirt or housedress, those kinds of things are comfortable.

But looking good in drag takes effort. Hot panty-hose, stuffing your chest, spending 45 minutes putting oily and greasy chemicals on your face and reeeally close to your eyeball, putting on some high heels (which we all know are just soo comfortable) and balancing a soon to be sweaty wig on your head...

... all to relax.

I like doing it, but if I could just get the end result without all the effort I would. Maybe have a conveyor belt that dresses you like on the Jetsons or something.

But anyway yeah, if you talk to pageant queens, their idea of relaxing is probably mostly in the opposite direction

Well, depends on what you understand by relaxing.

Relaxing is more to the soul than to the body.
    You can relax by climbing a mountain.
    High heels feel 'comfortable' because they please the 'soul' while they are actually a torture device for the body.
    Last edited by Marla S; 08-14-2007 at 10:43 AM.

It can also be relaxing it getting dressed means concentrating on how good you want to look what your going to wear

With the satisfaction at the end of it being you are relaxed

This is because it has taken your mind off the stresses of the day (or longer)

Its not like that for everyone but for some thats how it works
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

In the paved over air-conditioned desert.

Well said..

Quote Originally Posted by Marla S View Post

High heels feel comfortable because they please the 'soul' while they are actually a torture device for the body.
    I do a lot of thinjs that are hard and physical to relax. So I can understand (if not identify with) those that do feel relaxed getting fully made up.

On the other hand any sense of soothing the wild beast I get from Cd-ing is not tied to any "passable" mode. I find dressing fully to be a bit stressful, and am somewhat overly conscious of everything when I do. Possibly because my lack of experience that way. When I did do it for most of my life till now it was just a response to an unexplainable urge. It didn't take much, it seems to sate me then. Just trying on something and guilty removing it and usually washing it out and hanging it back up was my entire ritual.

Now days, a little under dressing or a stealth presentation like girl jeans, and a polo that buttons the 'wrong' way is enough.
    Vincent Vega: Well, I confess that I wait to talk, but I am trying to learn to listen. (paraphrased)

Barbara's Blog

For some it is a way to escape from there drab life and be a complete different person for a while. This way they can relax and let the stress flow away for a little while.

I don't stuff my chest or put on makeup. I just put on the clothes. That way I can relax.

If I'm just relaxing at home odds are I will dress and forms only... no make-up.. too much effort just for the house

Kandis
    Someone once told me "Put on Your big girl panties and deal with it". If they only knew, I WAS ALREADY WEARING THEM.

I wear the bras and panties so my wife doesn't have to.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

I'll never pass and am very much "in the closet," but just one item of silk or nylon next to my skin has the same effect I once got from that first gin and tonic. To make a long story short, my drinking days are over but my dressing days are just beginning.

I keep a pair of panties locked up tight in my office and on a really stressful day I'll slip into the bathroom and put them on.

Soothing...

cheers
    Elif

Your description is good, but as others said-it is based upon individual defination. Once I am fully dressed I am able to sit at my computer and get a lot of work done. Because I am dressed I will not be getting up and going outside or taking off to go somewhere. It then becomes relaxing to feel the female side of me, the feel of the clothing and make-up, etc. and get something positive done. Of course I do have to get up from time to time and check myself out in a mirror. But, I think we all do that.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Bill View Post
    I don't stuff my chest or put on makeup. I just put on the clothes. That way I can relax.

I totally agree with Bill. I am just more comfortable in feminine things! And I don't consider it getting into "drag!" It is just dressing as a female, no wig, no makeup, no forms most of the time. Just me and the clothes that turn me into Sissy!

Sissy

More Girl than man sometimes

I was going to say the exact same thing. For me, it's just nice to be someone else for a while. When I'm Charlotte, I don't have the same stuff on my mind as when I'm not. It helps me forget about the stuff I want to forget about.

I think thats why when things are going good in my life, I tend not to dress as much. When I'm stressed or depressed or angry, I dress up alot more often.

Quote Originally Posted by JoAnnDallas View Post
    For some it is a way to escape from there drab life and be a complete different person for a while. This way they can relax and let the stress flow away for a little while.
    Charlotte

For me, just a pair of heels and sweet pants help me relax. Usually wear this combo on Sundays during the day.

Now I could be down in the dumps, and wearing my dress or skirts help me feel better.

I guess you could say that I CD to relax and/or make myself feel better.

L

Relaxing depends on the person doing the relaxing, so does unlaxing. You have to decide which is which for yourself.

Smile More relaxed outside

[SIZE="3"]I wear panties all the time so I'm in femme mode always . I'm most relaxed when I'm out in public. From the first day I venture out I was calm and relaxed. I don't go out to try to pass but I haven 't been read all that much. I wear women's clothing because I enjoy wearing them.

Gennee
    [/SIZE]

I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

Quote Originally Posted by Marla S View Post

High heels feel 'comfortable' because they please the 'soul' while they are actually a torture device for the body.
    Marla, you are good....

I am going with what she said...

I'm Lily and dress accordingly. Unless i'm going somewhere special, it's just mascara and a little eye shadow. I wear what I wear 'cause that's who I am and ergo more comfortable. Washed the car today in my one-piece bathing suit for example.
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

Unique kind of relaxation

Because I wear panties on a daily basis I'm generally unaware of any difference. However, at various times during the day I become aware of my panties and get a low key erotic feeling which is definitely de-stressing.

However, on the odd occasion when I slip into garter belt and stockings, half slip with full slip over, shortish skirt and feminine sandals, camisole top with a smallish (34B) bra, the feeling is difficult to describe - there's relaxation and mild elation - there's erotism - there's a dreamlike feeling.

So . . . relaxation doesn't encompass it - but it's definitely part of the mix.

Carly aka Monique

What Charlotte said

Quote Originally Posted by CharlotteSomers View Post
    I was going to say the exact same thing. For me, it's just nice to be someone else for a while. When I'm Charlotte, I don't have the same stuff on my mind as when I'm not. It helps me forget about the stuff I want to forget about.

I think thats why when things are going good in my life, I tend not to dress as much. When I'm stressed or depressed or angry, I dress up alot more often.
    yep

Crossdressing certainly has a recreational aspect for me (and many others), but I don't usually think of it as relaxing. Stress-relieving, yes, exhilarating, yes, but it involves far too much energy & activity for me to consider it relaxing.

The clothes have interesting textures and feel pleasant, but I wouldn't class most of my femme outfits as particularly comfortable. OTOH, I do enjoy the sensations of wearing feminine shoes & clothing, even if I don't consider it that comfortable. For example, my padded pantygirdle thingy is a bit restrictive, but I do like the feel as well as the look it gives me.

Robin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

I loved the episode of the Jetsons where George pushed the wrong button on the auto clothes changer and came out in a cute short dress and heels!! Lol. Wish it was that easy..

But I never said I do all that to relaxe!! Like you I enjoy (sorry, enjoyed) it and was driven to do it.. And I was comfortable in fem mode.. Big difference in being comfortable and relaxing.. An electric chair is probably pretty comfortable at least for a short time ... Hehe

Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    An electric chair is probably pretty comfortable at least for a short time ... Hehe

Karren
    And there is that rapier wit we all know and love.

Good to see you back again Karren. We Missed You

Kandis
    Someone once told me "Put on Your big girl panties and deal with it". If they only knew, I WAS ALREADY WEARING THEM.

I wear the bras and panties so my wife doesn't have to.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Comfortable, Relaxing... Whatever you want to call it, I enjoy the cloths. They are very comfortable physicaly and mentally, I am able to relax for a litle while I do the house chores but eventually get annoyed if I have nothing to do while dressed.

Wearing femme gear is certainly relaxing for me and no huge amount of time involved. In fact, to put on panties, camisole, mini skirt and heels takes me less time than it did to type this post (ie about 33 seconds).

It's not often I see

Quote Originally Posted by KandisTX View Post
    And there is that rapier wit we all know and love.

Good to see you back again Karren. We Missed You

Kandis
    the term <rapier wit> or its analogue/analog (bispellual) <rapier swift repartee>

I like it - combine that with a slim girl wearing glasses and I don't know what I'd do

Monique (formerly Carly)

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Bill View Post
    I agree with BB. I like the clothes; no need for forms or makeup or for that matter even a wig. I don't know exactly why, but I feel extremely comfortable and relaxed when I'm "dressed". Period.