Thread: How to tell sister i cd

How to tell sister i cd

i've got a sister who is gay and the family knows about,she came out to us a few years back and i trying to find a good way of telling her about my cding because i think that she would be the only one to ready understand.I have tried in the past but i always seem to chicken at the last moment,any suggestions.
    janielatb: I'm in love with the person inside me.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by latebloomer View Post
    i've got a sister who is gay and the family knows about,she came out to us a few years back and i trying to find a good way of telling her about my cding because i think that she would be the only one to ready understand.I have tried in the past but i always seem to chicken at the last moment,any suggestions.
    Dear Late,

Being gay does not give one some extra measure of acceptance for us. Most of us are not gay, and most gays (and lesbians) have the same prejudices and misconceptions about us as the rest of the world.

Treat your sister as she would want to be treated. As a loving sister who would accept you for who you are because she's your sister, not because she happens to be a lesbian.

Lovies,
    Stephenie

How did your sister come out to you.
    Take the lead from her

Smile sister

Quote Originally Posted by latebloomer View Post
    You may be chicken to tell her for a reason.Your gut feeling may be she will not understand or accept you.
    Don't burn any bridges you don't need to.

Blushing June '07 Bride Sheri 4242's Avatar
    Many crossdressers have turned to the gay and lesbian community as "naturally accepting" allies -- after all, how many of us have turned to gay or lesbian nightclubs as places we feel we can go. In the main, I think we are pretty safe in such situations, but that doesn't mean we are accepted. Often you'll find we are tolerated as a fringe element. That said, if I were you and I wanted to come out to my sister (under the same circumstances as you have given us), I think I'd find an absolutely private time -- one where you are certain it'll be just the two of you and you won't be interrupted. Then (a.) either just tell her, or, (b.) if you want something that she could read in a very short period which you could use as a springboard into conversation, get Amy Bloom's book Normal. Let her read the first 20-30 pages of the mtf heterosexual crossdresser section, then stop her and just tell her. Tell her you support her and hope she'll support you, but that you felt like since she was out to you, you should be out to her!!! (Question: do your parents accept her? Do your parents know about you? Do they accept your CDing if they do know? I only ask b/c these are some factors I would think you should have covered in your mind before you tell sis.)
    [SIZE="4"]Sheri[/SIZE]

Over the last 6 or so years I've gotten a bit closer to my sister. Not exactly sure why, but it seemed to be just something that was happening and I wasn't opposed to the thought.
    As kids, we were "mortal enemies" but I guess with age comes wisdom and that's all behind us now. Anyhow, to the point, about a year and a half ago I'd become very tired of my "closet" and the weight of it was getting quite unbearable. Finding a time that I knew we'd not be disturbed or interrupted, I simply showed her some of my pictures.
    Oh yeah I was completely petrified and scared almost to the point of "bladder release" but I just "KNEW" that if I didn't do something and tell somebody I'd have some real problems.
    I was completely taken aback by her initial comment. Having spent about 5 minutes looking at the photos and going through each of them a number of times, she looked up at me and said, "You look lovely"
    The floodgates of emotions opened and we ended up spending the next two hours talking and sharing.
    I will admit I "came out" to her first as sort of practice to be able to tell my wife. Which I have done.
    Funny thing, This past Dec I told my wife that I recently "told" my sis and wife was a bit upset that I had "shared" this part of me and now both of them know, yet neither will speak of it to me in front of the other. Kinda like ignoring the pink elephant in the corner of the room. They both know it's there yet they won't admit it.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

I told my sister and we are closer that ever- She is not gay, but we have always been very close. I have never felt more free than now, and I imagine she will accept you for who you are.

My experience was very similar to Phyliss. I had grown apart from my sister for many years. A couple of years ago we started to connect again, partly because of her desire to face her problems she used to face with alcohol. She is now a recovering alcoholic, and if she was will to spend that emotional capital with me, I did the same.
    How I did it: Quiet time, no interuptions. I brought her up to my computer where i had a slide show going of about 10 photos of me, and 2 others of TG friends, dressed. We had a long 3+ hour wide ranging conversation about it and numerous other things. a watershed event. that night I introduced her to Karen in the flesh, before I went out to a monthly TG meeting.
    Total acceptance on her part, within a few days we were shopping together for things for her and me.
    Give your sister the benefit of the doubt, but only you know her, it's your call.
    Karen Francis