Thread: I love Edmonton...

I love Edmonton...

So the family and I decided to finally go on vacation. I took a week off work and we headed off to the Capitol of Alberta.

6 Hours later, we arrived and checked into the West Edmonton Mall Inn. I drove all the way there in a cute little tank top and skirt. I changed into some shorts (left the tank top) and we went to The Mall.

Man I was in heaven, there are tons of womens clothing stores there. At any rate, this was more for the kids so we decided to take in some mini golf yesterday. Walked around a bit more. My wife was accosted by a sales man selling stuff from the Dead Sea... Dead Sea Spa it was called. He proceeded to show her some nail stuff, which she then dragged me in on the conversation. Really nice stuff too. We bought his line and product. Kinda fun, she was in her glory. The kids got this soccor ball that was tethered to a bungie cord. It was there my eyes lit up as there was a kiosk selling wigs. I have been wanting a new one for a bit, so I checked em out. SO not so keen on dropping big bucks on that, but she helped out. There were 2 I liked, SO (truthfully) said that no matter what you get, you still can't pass as a woman... We laughed, and I picked the cheaper of the 2. Finally got a new wig, the old one was about 8 years old...

Decided to go for supper, and my eldest picks Hooters. LOL. SO was fine with that choice so thats were we ate.

Next day we woke up early and hit The Mall again. This time it was payless shoes for me. I hit the womens size 11 row with my wife, I tried on a few pairs I liked. At this point SO was chomping at the bit to go look for her self and asked if it was ok if she took off to look. I said "Sure no problem...". I think she was worried that someone would get the wrong (right) impression of me trying on ladies shoes alone.

Meh, I didn't care, I was in my glory , and FINALLY found a pair of boots that fit. Honestly, I did not notice one wierd look or sideways glance at me, but that wasn't really my focus at the time. I was blessed with very narrow feat, but size 11 none the less, which allows me to wear ladies shoes. And I found a nice set of pumps, but the boots are mine, MINE...

We hit the water park and sea lion shows later and came home. I really wish I had more cash for all that I wanted, but I suppose I would be just as broke.

Anyways, thanks for being here so I can gab. I feel like I have found a new family with you all.

Luv
    Z
    :GE:Don't sweat the small stuff...and its all SMALL stuff.

Silver Member
    We stopped in Edmonton on our drive back east from Alaska. I agree completely with you. Edmonton was a really fun city. And so pretty after miles and miles of prairie. I would go back any time. We didn't have kids with us so our amusement was a bit more mature, but we had a great time.

Lovies,
    Stephenie

Glad you enjoyed the city and THE mall, most of the time my wife and I avoid it because it so busy but when company comes in from out of town they always want to head over there. The next time you come ,especially if it is justyou and your SO try staying at the Fantasy Land Hotel right in the mall, it is deffinatley an experience that is worthwhile.

Veronica

Nice vacation hun
    Angie

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica53 View Post
    Glad you enjoyed the city and THE mall, most of the time my wife and I avoid it because it so busy but when company comes in from out of town they always want to head over there. The next time you come ,especially if it is justyou and your SO try staying at the Fantasy Land Hotel right in the mall, it is deffinatley an experience that is worthwhile.

Veronica
    Anniversary # 10 is next July, thats exactly what we are going to do

Hi Zee, I am an Edmontonian and I am truly happy that you enjoyed our city, WEM has brought many people to our city and of course many stores that were only found in the States, that makes for great shopping.
    Super Mod

Oh God, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

The Breton Fisherman's Prayer was engraved on a brass plaque and presented to President John F. Kennedy by US Navy Admiral Hyman Rickover.

Daintre, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Angel xx

Tamara

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni Y View Post
    Hi Zee, I am an Edmontonian and I am truly happy that you enjoyed our city, WEM has brought many people to our city and of course many stores that were only found in the States, that makes for great shopping.
    I've been to WEM thousands of times; I was there during each construction phase, and remember distinctly going to "Ice Pirates in 3D" at one of the theatres there while EVERYTHING else was under construction. I used to summer with my Sister when I was young and she lived 1 block away from WEM.

At any rate, this was the first time I have gone where I could just "shop". Other times I was with family or friends.

I've traveled a lot over the years and Edmonton and Alberta as a whole rates at the top of my list for great places to visit. There has to be some of the nicest people ever living in that city.

Babette