Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Total Crap (no privacy)

Silver Member
    Three months? Nothing to it. Three months is only 12 weeks. You can do anything for 12 weeks.

For years I worked for an agency that staffed hospitals all across the country. The standard contract length was 3 months, just 12 weeks. I found that three months was actually a very short time. Even if the job was bad, 3 months was over quickly and I was on my way home, or on to the next job. No matter how bad this job may turn out to be, you can tough it out for only 12 weeks. It will be over before you know it.

Lovies,
    Stephenie

When I was up north and it was -70 I wore pantyhose under my longjohns for the added warmth. So did a lot of the other guys on my crew, who definately were not CDr's

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephenie S View Post
    Three months? Nothing to it. Three months is only 12 weeks. You can do anything for 12 weeks.

For years I worked for an agency that staffed hospitals all across the country. The standard contract length was 3 months, just 12 weeks. I found that three months was actually a very short time. Even if the job was bad, 3 months was over quickly and I was on my way home, or on to the next job. No matter how bad this job may turn out to be, you can tough it out for only 12 weeks. It will be over before you know it.

Lovies,
    Stephenie
    Thanks Stephenie! Although I agreed to go, I'm still having a very difficult time with it all. This weekend is an emotional rollercoaster. I find myself wondering that if I'm crying and upset now, how will I fell when it's actually time to board the plane? Your support is much appreciated and if it's ok I may message you for support while I'm there.

I know you guys said I may have to pass on mascara, but then I though, perhaps I should just travel there and meet up that way. No surprises and if anyone says anything just mention I'm off the clock. This is what my wife suggested saying, "you worry too much". This will by far be one of the most difficult things I've done.

Thanks to everyones for their support. If anyone in Alaska wants to meet up message me. I do require that you have a ton of posts.
    Women who wear pants and skirts are shocked, just shocked a husband would do the same thing.

$15 an hour in Alaska?

Tell him to pack sand, depending what you do it should be closer to $30 or more.

Depends what you do. I would not work less than $70 an hour up there, for what I do.

Jobs that are "Needed" in Alaska - pay well so if someone is contracting you someone is making a lot of money on you up there.

Been there.
    Scottie
    You must dare to disassociate yourself from those who would delay your journey... Leave, depart, if not physically, then mentally.
    Go your own way, quietly, undramatically, and venture toward trueness at last.

-- Vernon Howard

McDonald's in (Portland) $11.00 hr
    Homr Depot cashier (Auburn) $12.50 hr
    Walmart distribution center (Lewiston) $15 hr
    Time with family (home) $priceless

Alaska for $15 hr? I don't think so

You have taken the job already, but thought I'd but in my .02

I feel you.

When I told my X wife I could quit I believed it. But she was right about me for once. It was a lie. Not to her but to me. I have had to go without for more than a year at a time. Even for years! it sucks. Now that I am easing back into crossdressing, my old outgoing, funny personality is starting to return. I am the guy my wife first fell for again. I should have let her in from the start.
    You can call me a sissy. Cuz that's my name!
    Sissy! [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

the job

Hi no name; well this is just my but here goes; i took a job that took me two hrs one way and 2 1/2 hrs the other way from home. I got used to it I did this for 5 yrs(home every night) sure beats going away for three months. Personally I wouldn't take a job like that unless it paid very, very well & at 15 an hour is NOT very well(for me). I wish good luck to you, just hang in there things will turn around!!!!!

Mollyanne
    "To thine own self be true"

Since you already took the job, best of luck to ya! As you have said, it will freshen your resume, and the possibility of networking your way into something more stable is there. Fifteen bucks an hour seems like really low pay for Alaska, though. Fot that kind of money, there better be some BIG bennies on the side that you didn't mention. (Like a $5K Nordstrom gift card)

But a job's a job, that's why they call it "work" instead of "fun"and it's only for 90 days. Keep warm thoughts and the cell phone close to your heart.
    I learned the laws of physics by watching Road Runner cartoons.

Do you have that, in a tall?

It's not worth going toalaska for $15. And term position? forget it! Sweetie I dont know where you are. here in Canada my company hires people at $15 to do basic tech support all the time . In parts of alberta they are screaming for people and paying decent money too. COnsider relocating, look where the market is hot and go.

I am in Alberta and if you can't find a job here in a week or less, you are not looking. Starting wages range from 10 - 15 bucks an hour at most places just to entice people to apply.

Indeed... Employers are SCREAMING for workers these days in Alberta. The oil sands are just so much of an enticement.
    :GE:Don't sweat the small stuff...and its all SMALL stuff.

Aspiring Member
    Interesing you mention Canada, my wife is Canadian, so moving there would be a cake walk. Actually, she's told me several times she'd love to move back home. I would do it to except that she'd have to re-apply to be here in the US. It took a lot of time, money, and forms for her to get her green card, and that is not exactly a process I'm looking to repeat. Basically, moving to Canada would have to be a permadent move for us.
    Women who wear pants and skirts are shocked, just shocked a husband would do the same thing.

Good Luck in Alaska! Three months will be over
    before ya know it.

Quote Originally Posted by noname View Post
    Interesing you mention Canada, my wife is Canadian, so moving there would be a cake walk. Actually, she's told me several times she'd love to move back home. I would do it to except that she'd have to re-apply to be here in the US. It took a lot of time, money, and forms for her to get her green card, and that is not exactly a process I'm looking to repeat. Basically, moving to Canada would have to be a permadent move for us.
    I know exactly what you mean. My wife is American and although its not really an issue with Immigration, its still a pain in the *** to get a resident card, not to mention $$$; paperwork, medical exams (can't have cross border TB going around) and interviews. I suppose they make it hard on purpose.

Still, lots o' work around these here parts.

Canadians

Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post
    I know exactly what you mean. My wife is American and although its not really an issue with Immigration, its still a pain in the *** to get a resident card, not to mention $$$; paperwork, medical exams (can't have cross border TB going around) and interviews. I suppose they make it hard on purpose.

Still, lots o' work around these here parts.
    Yeah, you never can be TOO careful with those pesky Canadians can ya'? I think they're bent on world conquest. One of these days us poor innocent US folks are gonna wake up to find that Canada invaded in the night! ROFL
    Of course you guys ARE doing a fine job when it comes to singers - many of my favorite are from Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    Yeah, you never can be TOO careful with those pesky Canadians can ya'? I think they're bent on world conquest. One of these days us poor innocent US folks are gonna wake up to find that Canada invaded in the night! ROFL
    Of course you guys ARE doing a fine job when it comes to singers - many of my favorite are from Canada.
    It may seem that way... other countries will say... "and they were such a nice and quiet country..."

Na, most up here are either stoned or drunk, probably both and more often than naught, watching a hockey game. (And here I thought we were supposed to break stereotypes...).

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    I have only one thing to say,

and I have a freezer full of snowballs ready for the invasion.

Three months should be easy. Time really does fly by these days.

However, it may depend on how busy they keep you. And what there is to do where ever the job is in Alaska.

Do you fish? Like sight seeing? etc., Could be an interesting experiece. If you let it.

Plus you need something to refresh your resume.
    DonnaT

Aspiring Member
    Do you fish? Like sight seeing? etc., Could be an interesting experiece. If you let it.
    I'm not one to fish, always hated it. Though it would be cool to catch a freeking huge salmon or something. Though I believe those trips tend to be pricey. I will however go skiing. I mean really, how often does one get the chance to ski Alaska? This may sound corney but I think I'd like to visit the museum. They also have the state fair coming up. Turns out they grow 70 lbs heads of lettus. (sp?) In case you can't tell, I've been doing some reading.

Intolerant of intolerance Blonde's Avatar
    Only 3 months? I could manage staying en-drab for that long.... much longer than that, I am not too sure about..... Just keep dressed 24/7 (if possable)until the day you need to go (sort of top up the tank)
    I am intolerant of those who are intolerant

Alaska can be quite cosmopolitan

Don't prejudge Alaska. I founD the people there very individualistic and accepting. Granted, I'm not talking about CDing, but it may not be as bad as you think. Good luck and enjoy Alaska.

NoVA