Thread: Makeover

Makeover

Is $175 to much to pay to get a makeover/makeup lesson and then a dressed up photo shoot?

Where are you located?

Courtney,
    Taylor MI,

Be Who You Want To Be
    Don't Worry About Anyone Else.

Something is worth....what 2 persons, the buyer and the seller agree it is worth, you will have to decide. Having made that statement, for me it seems expensive. Your perceptions might be different.

You can get "freebie" makeovers and a lot of cosmetic counters in Department Stores, (of course you are expected to buy some of their products and be a customer.) And, while your already at the mall, why not call ahead to The "Glamour Shots Franchise," and arrange to get some quality work done AFTER the makeover. I will bet that the results will be better and less expensive.

It's your call of course, my opinions only express my thoughts. But, sounds like a good plan to me.

Peace and Love, Joanie

For someone taking pictures out of the back of their van, probably. If this is an established business, well maintained, professionally staffed, that is familiar with the needs of the transgendered community, then maybe not out of line at all. How many photos? Are they supplying the clothing? How many changes?
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Its at Glamour Boutique in Las Vegas. I bring my own underclothes. They supply everything else. One outfit with multiple shots.

Andrea, I have been to Glamour Boutique in Las Vegas multiple times. I consider Amy, the head makeup artist there to be my CD mom. You will unequivocally receive full value for your money there. Have a great time and say hi to Amy and the other girls there as well.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar

Makeover and Photos

Quote Originally Posted by andreaattimes View Post
    Is $175 to much to pay to get a makeover/makeup lesson and then a dressed up photo shoot?
    It all depends on what you are getting for your money, and how good the person doing work is. If you are in the Atlanta area, and having it done by a Lady named Pheobe (who may not even be here anymore) I would say not at all. She is, or at least was, extremely good both at makeovers and photos. But you have to know their background and training. And how long a time is the $175.00 for? A time limit, or unlimited time? You need to do some more research.

Sissy

More Girl than man sometimes

Not at all. Go for it. I'm trying to schedule one as I write this.

Silver Member
    No, it's not out of line. Especially if you get some photos. If prints are extra you may end up spending a lot more, but if included, the price seems pretty normal to me.

Stephie

Blushing June '07 Bride Sheri 4242's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by andreaattimes View Post
    I was going to say that this sounded too inexpensive to be legit, but then, when you said where and Holly said what she said about that place, I began to revise my thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    I have been to Glamour Boutique in Las Vegas multiple times. I consider Amy, the head makeup artist there to be my CD mom. You will unequivocally receive full value for your money there.
    There are some very talented makeup/makeover people in Las Vegas. The guy that did my makeup and hair when my wife and I had our vow renewal (with me as the bride) out in Vegas was extremely talented!!! Many of the people out there who do makeup and hair are very accepting -- and they've seen it all. I paid a bit more for my pre-wedding makeup session, but it was worth it for what we were doing. In the main, Las Vegas is a very tolerant and accepting city -- as long as you don't act foolish. As far as the Glamour Boutique goes, I think you can rely on what Holly is telling you. It is always good to have someone regular on the forum recommend places. I haven't been there, but have heard of it from several people, all of whom speak highly of it!!!
    [SIZE="4"]Sheri[/SIZE]

$175.00 is a great price for professional work.
    If you want any info on the best CD make up artist/photographer in Los Angeles PM me.

XOXO Tiffany

There you go with those eyes again Tiffany your killing me. I cant wait till mine 3 weeks & counting.
    [SIZE="3"]Lovin everthing CD[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Hey, Dont bother me I'm dressing.[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]I Feel like an actress in her greates role ever "LIFE"[/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well worth it, I had Amy do a makeover and it was worth every penny.

Sabrina

amy is the best and very informative

susie