Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pulled over whiled dressed tonight

Being stopped

I guess as long as you are polite, they will be too. It's not a time to get an 'attiude' about being stopped !

The main thing is to never panic and try to outrun them !!!

When Dita said she'd never been "pulled over by the mounties" I thought that would be really painful as I'd hate anyone to start pulling my 'mounties' about - then I realised she was Canadian - and they have monuties over there .......... I've been blonde for too long..
    Last edited by Suzy Harrison; 08-27-2007 at 07:57 PM. Reason: I used to sit at the back of the class dreaming about make up, instead of learning to spell

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I have cding friend who is a retired police officer and she gave me this advice about being stopped the police when dressed en femme.

First, relax .... you haven't done anything wrong by being dressed. Speeding or being DUI ... that's different.

Second, when the cop asks you for your ID give him/her it and say "yes, that is me, but I look a little different today/tonight. Would you like me to take off my wig so you can verify my ID? This shows that you have nothing to hide and you are willing to prove who your ID says you are.

Third, always be super polite and courteous, and act as normal as you can but don't say anything or volunteer any more information than is absolutely necessary.

Forth, keep you fingers crossed and hope for the best!
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

i was stopped for no headlight on at night
    the poloce men was very polite and i only got a warning
    so much for nebraska being a hate state

Blushing June '07 Bride Sheri 4242's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Morley View Post
    . . . act as normal as you can but don't say anything or volunteer any more information than is absolutely necessary.
    Exactly! In the U.S. the police do have a right to obtain proper identification from you -- but know this, too: they will be watching you -- and listening to you. If you are crossdressed, Rachel's friend's advice is good -- show a cooperative spirit as far as confirming your identity, THEN BE QUIET!!!! Do your best to NOT seem nervous. True, easier said than done having been pulled over en femme. But, the police for the most part don't care about that -- but they will be interested in why you might be nervous (and many will not automatically presume you are nervous b/c of your attire). If warranted and possible, sit down -- and face away from the officer!!!

Here's a little legal example I love to give (about why you should keep your mouth closed). Somebody asks you what time it is. You look at your watch and say, "yeah, it's 10:15." I usually use this as a courtroom example, and as such an example you've already said too much!!! The answer in court would be only one word, "yes." With the police, don't engage in conversation beyond what we've discussed. Tell them you really have to go to the bathroom and ask if you are free to leave. That's it, period!!!!!!!
    [SIZE="4"]Sheri[/SIZE]

Once a Girl,always a Girl Dita_B's Avatar
    New Westminster, a city within the city of Vancouver, BC, Canada

Thanks for sharing

Thank you all for sharing, this, IMHO, is an excellent thread, very informative for a situation we all dread to get caught in.

And Sheri, thank you in particular for your (free) legal advise... You must be a Lawyer..

Dita

Regarding how much to say, I guess all depends on the officer who has pulled you over. Some are just trying to make the best of their night and will talk to you for about 5-10 minutes. So it all depends.
    Besides their are also gays, lesbians, TG's, etc. in the Police Community and one may want to CHAT for awhile.
    Huggies,
    Tamera
    Please read this regarding personal information http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/faq.php?faq=main_rules#faq_personal_information

[SIZE="2"]"GENDER" is not whats between the "THIGHS", but whats between the "EARS".....[/SIZE]

And like stated in my story, the cop may be a cd too and you just might not know it.

Some girls have all the fun. I'm jealous
    [SIZE="3"]Jennaie`[/SIZE]

]I am relived to know most all have had positive experiences. I drive long distances several time a year and observe every rule and speed limit to avoid a stop. Ann

In my state,and most,I believe,you are not allowed to accelerate to the speed posted until you are abreast the sign.Pun intended!
    Love and Hugs,
    Priscilla