Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question for M2F AND F2M Only

Untitled
    I dont percieve anyone as a specific gender, there are enough people out there to do that for us.

We are taught from an early age to "recognise" a "girl" or a "boy", and that teaching stays with us.

I try to, and very often do, see each and everyone I meet as an individual, making no assumptions as to who, what or why they are, just accepting them as they are.

Makes sense, if so let me know!!!

Last edited by Sandra; 08-27-2007 at 03:58 PM.
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

Quote Originally Posted by jess(SO) View Post
    "How do you percieve the gender you dress as, and how do you relate and incorparate that into your dressing ?" and is that perception based on a particular person in your life or on several ?

added .-------to clarify what i mean

I am more intersted in the perception that you have of the inner gender you dress as ........ in otherwords as a M2F how do you see gentic women, their strenghts, weakness, their dreams and desires, hopes and aspirations. As a F2M, how do you see gentic men, their strenghts, weakness, their dreams, desires, hopes and aspirations
    Agree, good thread dear!!

How do i perceive the gender i dress as?

I perceive woman as beautiful, soft, graceful, elegant, nurturing, giving, emotionally open, sexy, alive and full of expression. This view is not based on any one woman, or group of woman, but the way i see all woman have the power to be, when they feel good.

How do you relate and incorporate that into your dressing ?

Like most have said, its just me, all those things i feel inside, not to say that chantelle is full of herself <giggles> but she is the opposite of what i can focus my male self as, everyday, i am a mix of the 2, more so the male, mostly because the world , makes me be that way, if i had my way, i would ebb and flow between the 2 as situations called for, or as my feelings wanted to be expressed at any one moment.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by bi_weird View Post
    Alright I'll weigh in from the ftm side of things, how I view gms. What a great question...
    Well my view of guys is largely based on my brothers and dad, as those are the guys I've always known best. They're pretty stereotypical, I suppose. Beer and football and all that masculine bravado. But it's a lot more than that. Guys, the sort that I find myself wanting to emulate, have a real dependable streak. The guys who I care about most and want to be like the most are people who I know will be there for anything, and that includes when I need a shoulder to cry on. They take care of each other and sacrifice themselves for their family/friends/SO. There's a genuine want to be a caretaker.
    Hrm dreams hopes and desires. That's hard to think about. The guys in my life aren't exactly talkative about those sorts of mushy things. That's actually a character trait I've moved away from purposfully in recent years - I used to be really closed up, but found it stifling and unhealthy.
    So yeah, I guess in most ways I'm going for typical guy, but I want to be one of the good guys, and I don't want to be as closed off as many guys tend to be. I feel like there was more to this response, but I've lost it. Maybe I'll wander back over here later.
    It is a protection mechanism. If we exhibit vulnerability, we may be viewed as weak.

In the paved over air-conditioned desert.

Great Question!!

I was a closeted dresser. I thought it a bit weird, but didnt realy want to put conscious thought into discerning a motivation. Frankly, I was a little fearful of what I might find in the dark recesses of the closet.

I now have the benefit of all I have learned very recently, mostly from other's on this very forum. In hindsight I would say that one of the reasons I never dressed in total in the last 38 years since the first time, is I feared that I might somehow magically become a girl in some way. I realize this isn't rational, but this thinking for me is rooted in the very confused psyche of a 3-4 year old being lectured on Mosaic law as found in Deuteronomy.

Now that I think the motivation is to become a girl for a short while the question becomes, which girl? I really think that hasn't changed for me in all these years. It is my older sister I want to be, but the young joyful version, before my parent's abuse cause her to withdraw a bit into herself. I want to be en femme, who she should have become. She is genetically me with 2 "X" chromosomes. She is bright, pretty, petite, tender, and was the one holding me in my memories and in childhood photos, rather than my mom. She always appreciated my little jokes, even made my favored genre of humorous expression the subject of her master's thesis.

I wish I could share all this and my admiration for her in this context, but circumstances in her life have been such that although I think she would not in anyway attempt to shame me, she would feel burdened by the knowledge.
    Vincent Vega: Well, I confess that I wait to talk, but I am trying to learn to listen. (paraphrased)

Barbara's Blog

I feel totally female when i dress, inspiration comes from every woman i have ever known, or worked with and most of which have been very good role models

I feel no different, and don't perceive anyone differently, genderwise, when I dress. I am the same in either mode. A transgendered guy.
    DonnaT

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
    As a F2M I identify all male but yet all of my role models are strong women. I believe in women libers so to speak. As A male I all ways watch other males and try to copy what I see mind you the good stuff. Like being courtiest,consiterite, kind and just show some manners. But I do like to be rude when I am hanging out with friends like rude jokes I like dirty stories and smash'em up things.
    As for dreams right now I am so busy trying to be a guy that I have not thought about that.
    As for there strengths Men are good at fixing things make snap decisiones . Weakness are quick to anger,judge others and sometimes the lack compation for others.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    "How do you percieve the gender you dress as, and how do you relate and incorparate that into your dressing ?" and is that perception based on a particular person in your life or on several ?

added .-------to clarify what i mean

I am more intersted in the perception that you have of the inner gender you dress as ........ in otherwords as a M2F how do you see gentic women, their strenghts, weakness, their dreams and desires, hopes and aspirations. As a F2M, how do you see gentic men, their strenghts, weakness, their dreams, desires, hopes and aspirations

Or not !!!!!
    I think most women would find a guy dressing up like them as kinda offensive so I dress how I want to, not like someone else