Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: for the "GM"S

Platinum Member

for the "GM"S

Hey girls /guys or hell hi ..... what's the toughest part abought being a guy in every day life .....??? and no i can't dress the way i want leveeing "HER" aside ..... what's the toughest part of being a guy every day ??? "GM'S OLNY"......

Good question ! And a tough one.

Hmmm ???????
    Besides anything that has to do with male hair growth
    I think it is what once was called male chauvinism, and/or machismo. In a latent way it is always there when two guys meet and it is still widely spread all over the society.

This boys talks are just annoying and I can't identify with it ... but It's hard to find guys that are not on that track, and those that aren't are usually plain boring or inhibited.
    (There seems to be a considerable lack of ways for self expression on the male side of life)

Female chauvinism is any better, but I think it is not so widely spread.

I have trouble dealing with men, In my psyche, I feel inferior to them. I am much more at ease around women. Being the boss of lumber yard, and dealing with the guys was always a challenge, the off color jokes, the language and the very physically demanding work. As the boss, I had to be this tough guy, able to swear with the guys and so on....Every day I put on an act at work.

Secondly, being the boy with 4 sisters was not fun....I did the yard work and the scuzzy jobs because I was the guy, and guys did that stuff. painting the house, re-roofing the house and so on even though I was afraid of heights, all while my sisters did sweet little

I do not know if I answered your question, if I am out to lunch here...just delete my post.

Scaared to get all dressed up and go out, than get laugh at.

Balls

Seriously. Balls suck.

I am not kidding here.

The damn things are so sensitive to every freakin' thing!

It is as if God took all the emotional sensativity he gave women and concentrated it in one area of our bodies!! What the crap???

Who needs external genitalia!!! OUCH!

Sometimes, I wonder about nature and what the plan really was.

#2 would have to be shaving.

Facial hair sucks. WTF was the thinking behind that??

Morgan
    “Truth Hits Everybody"

Gee, that is a tough one Wendy. Lessee, down side, down side. I dunno, I don't see any really. Except maybe the fact that I'm expected to shave every day and don't have to be a fashion plate. Lotta dumb stuff to do around the house and running for stuff. Occassional part time work.Other than that, I pretty much have it made as a guy. So, why exactly do I want to emulate a woman? That's probably an imponderable I'll never figure out.

is in her vest
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy me View Post
    Hey girls /guys or hell hi ..... what's the toughest part abought being a guy in every day life .....??? leveeing "HER" aside .......
    on reflection the only things I dislike about my gender are those things which make "altering my gender" difficult. If I remove those from the equation, I think being a guy is sweet......yeah, guys without my duality have the life!!!!!
    Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime. ~Potter Stewart

No offense anyone but MEN ARE PIGS!
    Love and Hugs,
    Priscilla

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    Seconds to what Priscilla said !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Emily Ann
    Living with a heel in each world.

Quote Originally Posted by Priscilla1018 View Post
    No offense anyone but MEN ARE PIGS!
    OINK OINK

Another answer...

Having reflected on my first answer...I realized you really deserve a deeper response...although having balls does suck occasionally...no pun intended.

I guess I would have to say that we have to conform to a tougher social image.

We are expected to be something stereotypical all of the time. We are held to a certain standard that GGs are not. A GG can wear pants, jeans, overalls, whatever...and this is cool. But we are expect to avoid certain colors, certain fabrics...I mean, if I showed up wearing a satin and chiffon suit (how huge) I would be laughed out of the building!!! Women have so much more freedom to express themselves...and be comfortable. (Now, I know many GGs will tell me that their undergarments are not comfortable...and *I* of all people would know this (see my first response)...)

It has to be the expectations that are put upon us by society. If we cry, or express emotions in any non-excepted way, we are labled gay. If we wear clothing that is even slightly fem, we are labeled gay.

Now, I can say this...we do have some upsides too. Many people, unfortuately, find a male more reassuring in times of crissis than they do females. Many people find a male more trustworthy (no idea why, many men are simply con-artists) than women.

It all goes back to social misnomers.

I really think we, as CDs sort of have it easy...we have the excuse of being TG to do what we feel. Many "normal" guys have to maintain appearances, even to themselves...ack!!!

Morgan
    Last edited by SatinDoll00; 08-28-2007 at 04:22 PM.
    “Truth Hits Everybody"

Gold Member
    Damn, I really don't have a answer to this one, some times every day is a challenge know matter who or what you are, but if I need to give reason may be it's all ways being the strong one like in decisions when things aren't going good instead of just breaking down and crying.

As a believer in past lives.....it is just too painful to go into the Titanic thing.

I think that as a guy I am expected to have all the answers, no matter what the question or problem.
    Phoebe

As satin stated, it is the massive amount of expectations that are placed upon our shoulders.

We are required to be the bread winners in the household (all be that many women work as well, its just expected that a man do so), we are required to be strong, if something breaks or goes wrong, we are required to fix it, if a relationship fails, the perception is that it is mostly the males fault, we are required to put on a facade of toughness when out with other males, we can not cry or show emotion, etc.

I have found it very difficult to live up to the so called male standards of society. The stereotypes drive me up the wall.

I no longer care what others think of me anymore, but a lot of those responsibilities are still there. For now, I am content living my life how I choose, and not have it dictated to me by some societal garbage.
    :GE:Don't sweat the small stuff...and its all SMALL stuff.

Back just out of high school I was eligible for the draft during the Vietnam war. That's such a great guy privilege.

My real problem is that my emotions have always been just below the surface. Growing up It was always a struggle to keep them buried. You know boys don't cry.

Short Skirts & Long Legs
    The GM persona...

Gotta be strong, non emotional, & ballsie< excuse the pun >, and yea to go along with the latter sometimes being a prick...Or so I've been told

There's nothing tough about being a guy... it's so easy a caveman can do it!

Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

The hardest thing that I find is that men are not supposed to show emotion, and the fact that we do have a prescribed clothing standard. If we fail in either aspect, we are often ridiculed by the male chauvanistic pigs out there.

The whole men being the main provider thing, That really sucks, I am just killing myself just to try and support my house and family. If it wasn't for those pressures the rest of life would be pretty simple.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    There's nothing tough about being a guy... it's so easy a caveman can do it!
    What she said.

Really, I haven't found anything that makes me regret being a guy, all my trans issues aside.

Maybe if there was something I was expected to be able to do, as a guy, and couldn't, then I have a different answer for you. So far I've had no problems being a guy.
    DonnaT

100% spoiled brat christina marie's Avatar
    none whatsoever! being a guy is easy, can wear whatever,say whatever, whistle at a pretty girl(construction worker, have a bad reputation to maintain), pretty much any behavior excused by the just a guy, doesnt know any better thingy. now being a girl,that is hard work!
    "you can have this nail file when you pry it from my cold ,dead hands."

2 mints in one

I really think I'm two different people.
    I like being a guy. Bread winner, decision maker, handyman, father, etc.... these are all blessings from above.
    I also love being Megan, the softness, the girlie stiff - the pampering, the make-up, hair, the FASHIONS!! ....and the shoes...don't forget the shoes!!
    20 years ago I'm sure I would have answered much differently. But having battled my personal demons, I'm now comfortable with who I am either "Drab or Fab".
    XXX
    Megan
    Loving the Lace!

Wanna be a girl. Ibuki_Warpetal's Avatar
    Hardest part about being a "man" (don't really consider myself one) is the people expecting me to be and act like one.
    Women especially.

I hear a lot of people talk and the vast majority of people I run into fall into the stereotypical role. It sickens me. I have been told by everyone for a long time that I look and act feminine, and I do, but it becomes a problem when people try to force their image of what I should be on to me.

I guess they don't know how to react to the way I am so they force masculine descriptors on to me like "man" and "sir", and my mom goes out of her way to call me boy or dude instead of my name or something else. it really ticks me off because it's almost an indirect way of saying she doesn't approve of what I do, when on the surface she appears to accept. Seems two-faced.

I guess the hardest part is the seemingly built-in expectations society lays down for everyone to follow, and it seems like society is trying to reprogram me.
    I don't think women have this problem.
    The last name is Warpetal.
    That should have been your first clue.
    No regrets.
    WHEN YOU FIGHT YOU CAN LOSE
    BUT WHEN YOU GIVE UP YOU'VE ALREADY LOST.

Its gotta be the facial hair. I hate it. Whether I am drab or dressed. I just hate having to shave. Everything else is fine. I don't really mind any other aspect of being a guy.

Michelle