Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: for the "GM"S

I spread the love of Bob. Mariah's Avatar
    for me, it's dealing with men, I'm just not forceful enought to be a man *^_^* nor could I ever try to bluff my way out of anything. I feel soo defeated every time I try to talk to anyone really soo hard to talk to people when you have a learning disabilty. and now I'm rambling... ya I just can't understand men.

hopes
    keris
    Trans platypus, yes I'm a Platypus.
    Start Transitioning:Jan,2007
    HRT: July,2009 2 years ^_^
    Name Change: Sept 28,2010
    Real Life Test/experience: Sept 1,2010- Sept 1,2011 WOOT DONE!!!!!!!! Waiting on my SRS/GRS letters now. ^_^
    2 years full time, Experience that is valuable!

Not being a male

A good question for this fourm. The toughest thing for me, is dealing with the expectations and attemps to force me to live to a societal ideal of what is male, when I no longer belive in it. Know that my understanding of what it is to be male no longer conforms to my communties expectations and living with their attempts to make me fit the mold. The toughest part being male WAS playing a role I didn't believe in to be accepted reguardless of the cost to me.

For me it's definately the shaving. I hate the prickly feeling in the morning and the feeling of the razor as it scrapes along my face. I often look at GG's and wonder if they realize how lucky they are they don't have to shave their face.

Amy

For me, its the traditional view society has that men must be the pursuer when looking for a mate. I hate it. I hate how nervous it makes me to think about asking someone out, then thinking about how I might get rejected. It would be so much easier if girls just came and asked me out instead.

Other than that, I like it. I like being the guy everyone comes to for advice, because he has a good head on his shoulders. I like doing the heavy lifting, as it impresses the ladies. I like all that stuff, but the pressures can get to be a bit much. All the expectations. But like I said, the biggest thing I hate is having to be the pursuer.

In the paved over air-conditioned desert.
    The sense of self and identity being so tied into what ever I happen to do to put bread on the table. It is such a strong bio-drive for me, that If I am doing a crap job that I hate, I somehow Identify myself as being that thing and defending it in my mind as being much more noble than, just what I do to earn some pin money. Example: you should have heard me when I was young and single and actually proud of what I did and how well I did it. The job? Bill Collector!...I kid you not.
    Vincent Vega: Well, I confess that I wait to talk, but I am trying to learn to listen. (paraphrased)

Barbara's Blog

It is the expectations of how men should look and act. Last night I was at my sister-in-laws house. Her husband notice my shaved legs and I asked if I shaved my legs in front of everyone. I said I keep the hair trimmed off my legs. Then I got a comment about he was worried about me, my hair is longer than my wifes and my legs are shaved. I tried to move the conversation off the subject since I only dress in private. Why do I have to fit the macho hairy guy image and why do guys feel the need to criticize other guys because they don't fit the macho guy image. I kind feel like I am back in grade school being teased by the other kids.

gms

I grew up with a father that made fun of me if i showed any emotion at all. So i learned to not show any emotion. Some times i hate being a guy but it also has its avantages. my guy self and juanita are allway in a struggle to see who is the boss. Oh by the waY I hate shaving also, it is a royal pain in the face.
    I love being a girl

I would have told him to F-Off and mind his own business. His comment was completely uncalled for and insulting. I would have made sure that he understood that. This is the type of male that I have a complete disdain for.

Quote Originally Posted by StephanieT View Post
    It is the expectations of how men should look and act. Last night I was at my sister-in-laws house. Her husband notice my shaved legs and I asked if I shaved my legs in front of everyone. I said I keep the hair trimmed off my legs. Then I got a comment about he was worried about me, my hair is longer than my wifes and my legs are shaved. I tried to move the conversation off the subject since I only dress in private. Why do I have to fit the macho hairy guy image and why do guys feel the need to criticize other guys because they don't fit the macho guy image. I kind feel like I am back in grade school being teased by the other kids.

You should have also told her that pantyhose feel better on shaved legs. That would have shut the idiot up!

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie001 View Post
    I would have told him to F-Off and mind his own business. His comment was completely uncalled for and insulting. I would have made sure that he understood that. This is the type of male that I have a complete disdain for.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar

Not tough being a male

I agree with Karren. It is not tough being a male! What is tough is being a male who like also to be a lady. That is tough! One body, two persona!! That is me!! Both of us!

Sissy

More Girl than man sometimes.

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Not being able to show emotion. Always having to act like a tough guy macho guy. The pain in the butt of shaving my face daily. Jocelyn

The stress of being the provider, the problem solver and the punch bag when others don't get what they want. Men get the blame for everything and we are told that being men we have to "take it like a man", allowing others to offload on you but holding everything back inside.

You know, there never used to be any difference in the life expectancy of men and women, they were exactly the same. Now there is a huge disparity. These days men are dropping like flies due to stress related diseases. Men are four times more likely to commit suicide than women. I have known two friends, both in their thirties, who committed suicide due to the stress of living up to the expectation of a man. Neither of them gave off any warning signs, both lost their business, one in a divorce settlement, and felt they had been devalued as men and were worthless.

Male conditioning is the biggest BS there is. It turns sweet, caring, loving boys into loud, arrogant, bullies or cold, calculating money crunchers, or a mixture of both! And some people think this is a good thing, that this conditioning makes them more desirable, Geessh.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ibuki_Warpetal View Post
    I guess the hardest part is the seemingly built-in expectations society lays down for everyone to follow, and it seems like society is trying to reprogram me.
    I don't think women have this problem.
    They do. Ask a woman. Any one of 'em. Feminism has made everyone aware of the problems women face. Unfortunately, it has also made it taboo to complain about being a man.

Having to be tough, take the initiative in dating, be leaders, etc., is a PRIVILEGE, we're told, but that's a crock of S***. For me one of the toughest things about being a man is that we're supposed to enjoy everything about it. It's taken for granted by most people that we're lucky to be men, and that we'd be crazy to abandon that.

I certainly don't think women have it easy. But I do think they most take their plusses for granted.

Wanna be a girl. Ibuki_Warpetal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leah B View Post
    They do. Ask a woman. Any one of 'em. Feminism has made everyone aware of the problems women face. Unfortunately, it has also made it taboo to complain about being a man.
    What I meant was there is not a strict guideline for the female gender. They can do and act and dress however they want and nobody cares, and everyone still wants them.

It doesn't seem to me society programs women, but women are programming society. Women don't have any problems that men don't have aside from PMS, but then again, that's only an opinion being that a problem for some is a gift for others. Your view may be the complete opposite of mine and still be true.
    The last name is Warpetal.
    That should have been your first clue.
    No regrets.
    WHEN YOU FIGHT YOU CAN LOSE
    BUT WHEN YOU GIVE UP YOU'VE ALREADY LOST.

Hardest thing about being born with male parts....

Ya, know i really don't worry about them. I am transgendered, have been a girl all my life, just have the wrong equipment. The hardest thing really is the thought process of a woman, i.e. OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE TO THE MAX, VERY DETAIL ORIENTED, DON'T STOP UNTIL IT IS DONE. You know the thing that drives most husbnands crazy about their wive's.... that is me. And yes i will get up in the middle of the night and clean house if i know something is out of place
    Hope you all understand
    Kathrynn

men are simple creatures just like my wifes grandmother said they are like old dogs you keep them fed and breed and they come back home every night

susie

Toughest part about being a guy...

The never ending responsibilities that are assumed you will take care of because you are a guy, but over which you have no control or input.

On the lighter side, perhaps I should find for one of those cavemen for whom it is so easy...
    No closet is big enough!

let's see,,,, Besides breaking ones back to make a buck you have to come home and break your back to keep the house yard car dog cat and wife happy and working good. then you have what the others said . expected to be macho and the whole sensitivity thing, along with the pigs. other then all of that not much to complain about. Well except the bad grammar and spelling. you know it's bad when you misspell grammar thanks spell check.I hope in some odd way this answers your question.

Great thread

Life has it's ups and downs no matter what your sex is. My dad was a heavy drinker and gambler. I don't think he dealt with life very well at all. In turn, my mom raised us (6) on her own. Always working overtime to put food on the table and pay the rent.

I'm such a ditz... kinda lost track of where I was going. Wendy, very stimulating thread. Really made me think.

Anyway...got a date tonight. Yes, with a guy

sugar

Karren,You said it All!

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    There's nothing tough about being a guy... it's so easy a caveman can do it!

Karren
    Karren, Can't help but say, you stated it perfectly!

Huggs,Renee

Being a GM would be a lot easier if I didnt have this softer side, but I think I would work just as hard if I was a GG

Cindy

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    For me, what I hate most about being a man is the social hierarchy that's involved amongst other men. Any perceived weakness is bad. It's just like being in the animal kingdom and who is the leader of the pack. You gain respect with other men depending on how tough you look or are, and whether it looks like you can kick someone's a$$ or not. You can also gain respect if you have a lot of money or if you have an attractive girlfriend or wife. There are even "rules" about where you stand when you go into a public restroom to take a pee ... that's one of the reasons (but not the only reason) why I always go into a cubical and sit down.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

If I can get away with ths answer, it would have to be the double standard that's set out there for us. A Girl can join the Military. A Girl can petition to get into an all male college and win. A girl can wear whatever she wants or do any job she wants now. Nobody thinks twice about seeing a female mechanic anymore. They can be tough and sensitive. Yet, if we decide to wear a cute bracelet, or own that one pretty comforter, apply to an all girls school, or even cry (other than being drunk, kicked in the groin, or SO leaving us), we're looked at as weird or perverted or gay. to me, it's this double standard that makes it hard being a guy. I've heard the only place that doesn't have this double standard is Thiland. That It! I'm moving to Thiland!! Any followers welcome!!

1. We're expected to know everything. I notice in the office that the girls ask each other questions only when they know the other girl will know the answer. They pester me all the time.

2. We can't cry. My dearest friends are ones that I can talk to with tears streaming down my face.

3. We can't be passive. I would love it if I could sit in a coffee shop, by myself, and a girl would come up and flirt with me. Well, actually, that's how I met my gf. :luvu:

chrissie

Actually men are boring. They just stand around and like to show off their masculinity. Talk down to their wives and girlfriends, are coarse and uncouth, think they are gods gift to women and think they know everything there is to .
    know. Also, all they talk about is sports. BORING.
    Would rather spend the afternoon with a bunch of women. They are easier to talk to, have more fun and are infinitely more enjoyable to be with.