Thread: Makeup 101...I'm Desperate Here Ladies!

Thumbs down Makeup 101...I'm Desperate Here Ladies!

As I sit here typing after my 1st "serious" makup attempt, looking like I have a black eye, I realize that I need serious help here. :mad:

I don't mean to sound lazy, but do we have an archive somewhere with links on how to put on makeup? I've only put on makeup a few times, like 3 or less, and honestly...I suck! My 6 yr old sister could do better.

Sorry if this is a repeat post!

<Goes to wash up>

How about an online guide? See the Lancome website
    DonnaT

Also try the Cover Girl web site
    DonnaT

Well, what little makeup I had on (just eyeshadow...i think...omg *blush*) anyways it came off very easily. I have some foaming makeup remover, I think I like it.

Anyway, update on my journy here. I purchased a bulk of those 'samples' that have different colors etc etc to try and learn the art of makeup.

Thank You DonnaT!

Exclamation

Check out the following website for great application techniques. They have everything written out with pictures to demonstrate beside the instructions and also have video clips of actual application and instruction. Bear in mind that these techniques are for their particular product line but most of them apply to almost any cosmetic. You may even consider trying their products, I did and I like allot of their stuff. Most of their products last up to 18 hours without needing touch-up.

I hope this helps.

Yours,

Cassandra

They cover:

Lips - 7 demos.
    Eyes - 5 demos.
    Skin - 6 demos.
    Cheeks - 1 demo.
    Body - 1 demo.
    Removers - 2 demos.

https://www.senegence.com/divabeautysecrets/default.asp

Thanks Sissy!

I just setup my home computer networking firewall so I can still browse these sites on my home computer via my work system w/o being 'caught'. (They monitor stuff like that...)

Fun times for me!

Any time Keri, I enjoy helping other gurls become their true inner self.

Ok, another stupid question: Other then your foundation, is there a certain order you put makup on? Eyes then lips? Face, eyes, lips? ack!

Sorry for all the 'new girl' questions here.

*sigh*

Wow, this stuff ain't easy, that's for sure.

Glad I got a good deal on these sample makeup items that I have, I'll be needing *LOTS* of practice.
    Last edited by Keri_T; 04-24-2005 at 12:11 AM.

I don't think it matters, but I always do my lips last.
    DonnaT

Still Learning

You Can Do It

I know you can do it.
    I have the toughest beard known to man ( and woman --my wife), and this works.

If you get a liquid cover, like "cover girl", and put it on with a sponge, then, get some "bare minerals", and believe me.......................it works wonders.

Here is a pic of the lumberjack, that has a beard of wire.

[size=4]*Marlene*[/size]

It is better to be "immortal" than "mortal"

Yea I've been thinkin' about liquid foundation instead of powder, too...my beard is sometimes an issue.

Donna & Sissy, those sites were very helpful. Thank you!
    I feel better now. *Deep Breath*

<---------->

EDIT: I'm gonna go practice putting on powdered base, then take a nice hot shower and call it a night.

Good night ladies!
    Last edited by Keri_T; 04-24-2005 at 12:24 AM.

Keri,

I've been using Dermablend to cover my beard. It works well, though sometimes I need to apply a second layer on the spots that the razor just won't get. Dermablend is a more of a cream than a liquid and I think will give better coverage than a liquid (I haven't tried a liquid yet). From what I've read, liquids only provide sheer coverage. Concealers can also be used to cover really dark spots on the skin

Whether you choose a liquid or a cream, you really need to apply a loose powder over the foundation to set it before you apply blush or eye shadow.

Applying makeup is all new to me too, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

~Sigrid

Quote Originally Posted by Keri_T
    Yea I've been thinkin' about liquid foundation instead of powder, too...my beard is sometimes an issue.

Platinum Member
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

for the beard cover...also called tatoo cover covers beards tattoos scars......
    and it works well can be found at.....http://www.glamourboutique.com/
    __________________this might help you some

Darla Diamond
    Purchase the book "Making Faces" by Kevyn Aucoin.
    Go to MAC and get a makeover/lesson. It makes a great starting point and they give you a chart that you can work from until you develop your own style. Work with a male artist. You need to use different techniques from a GG. This is why "Making Faces" is a starting point, but you need modifications for it to work on your complexion and bone structure.
    I recommend Derma Color for full coverage foundation. (I saw Derma Blend mentioned in an earlier post. I have not used Derma Blend but understand it is good and would suggest trying both.) Do not brush your powder on, press it in with a pad.

After foundation I do eye pigment, blush and contour, blend blend blend, cake eyeliner, mascara, eyelashes, lipstick, mascara again.

It eventually gets easier and your hand does stop shaking.

Don't spend too much and don't use anything cheap, especially brushes.

For beard cover, a pinkish pigment from a blush, shadow or lipstick works well. It counteracts the blue. Experiment.

If you live in or around NYC I can tell you where to save money.
    Last edited by Darla Diamond; 04-25-2005 at 05:52 PM.

I was just reminded of the brand name of a concealer which I understand is supposed to be, well THE SH*T, Kryolan.

http://www.kryolan.com/

They're a manufacturer of professional makeup for theater, TV and film. I just looked in the phone book under Theatrical Make-up and saw one retailer who lists Kryolan as one of their suppliers. Definately worth checking out if like me, you've got heavy beard growth to deal with.

(Ophelia D'void mentioned their name in a different thead)

-Sigrid

Smile Excellent Guide

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaT
    How about an online guide? See the Lancome website
    What a great site...thank Donna !

Kylee xx

Thank you for all the replies ladies, it's very helpful!

Well, my first try at making it, lol, 'look good'. (Ah, that's *funny!*)

No jokes! =P

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...494#post120494

Quote Originally Posted by Keri_T
    Jokes?!! Not a chance! Those are pictures are wonderful! I like the second pic the most, you've got a very young and inocent look going there. Your makeup looks great too! Hope to see more.

~Sigrid

I'll take the pink one.
    "Just be honest, be faithful and have fun" ~ my wife

Awww! *blush*

Thanks Sigrid!