Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: guys in skirts

guys in skirts

I've been visiting this site for a while now and applaude those who are finding themselves.

I sort through the different threads trying to find the ones that hit home with me, i.e. a guy who just wants to wear a skirt or possibly hose with that skirt.

Is there a more appropriate forum that any of you know of? I don't necessarily want to look like a woman, or pass as a woman, just like to wear skirts, pantyhose and occasionally panties.

I've searched google and haven't really found anything. Just looking for an outlet for someone who doesn't really fit in.

This place is great, don't get me wrong. Just looking for more than the occasional person feeling the same anxiety as I do.

SG

Many is the time that I have driven home from work in the very early am hours as I work swings wearing my fav mini and hose. It's a great way to relax on my journey home from work. Have gone through many drive thru's as well and no one has even batted an eye!!
    If you want to live life on your own terms:
    "You gotta be willing to Crash & Burn"

Dakota

Links requiring a sign in are not permitted

Aspiring Member
    I don't want to be a girl, but I do feel that I should have every right to wear a skirt just as most women feel they have a right to wear pants. You won't find much on the net for mens rights to wear skirts, but you will find several sites who promote men having a right to wear a kilts.
    Women who wear pants and skirts are shocked, just shocked a husband would do the same thing.

Just done a google search for "men in skirts" +forum

Found an interesting one located at http://www.skirtcafe.org

At the top of the homepage is this message:

Skirt Cafe is an on-line community dedicated to exploring, promoting and advocating skirts and kilts as a fashion choice for men, formerly known as men in skirts. We do this in the context of men's fashion freedom --- an expansion of choices beyond those commonly available for men to include kilts, skirts and other garments. We recognize a diversity of styles our members feel comfortable wearing, and do not exclude any potential choices. Continuing dialog on gender is encouraged in the context of fashion freedom for men.

It is an active forum. You can tell because the posts are recent (including today).

Nothing wrong with being just a guy in a skirt. Some crossdressers here can not understand why you would not want to look like a woman though - so even on this forum there are prejudices.

This is a fine place and you welcome here hun
    Angie

I'd say you fit in just fine my friend and welcome.

Skirt Guy

Fashion statement? Flamboyant? In your face?

Nah, just being me.

For over six months, I've gone out in the daytime, wearing fem clothes. On a daily basis, I present myself as a, girly-man??, not full-fem, but not full-male, either.

I wear a skirt about 75% of the time, go shopping, to the Post Office, bank, get gas, just everyday things.

I've had a few stares, but no negative reactions (at least to my face), giggle. I did have a woman make a comment though. She said, "I wish my husband would do that, wear a skirt". Good for her!

So, Skirt Guy, put on a skirt and go out and be yourself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gold Member
    There's a few her that do just what you like.

i'm one of the guys in skirts. although i'm also a guy in a dress at times. i wear everything but make up and wigs.

so i'm with ya!

Hi skirt_guy

I too do not have the desire to dress all in femme and look like a woman. Although I know that is what most here like to do which is fine but just not for me. I am more of a skirt and heels kind of guy although less of heels at least while out ( mostly because my ankles can't take it for too long) but I haven't found any sites nearly as good or friendly as this one.

SG, there are other forums found with a simple internet search. For me my relateability is a bit closer to here as apposed to the "Guys in Skirts" forums I found.

My ultimate goal is to just be a guy wearing a mix of masculine and feminine clothes based on my feelings and mood in the morning and tasks for the day. I would dress similar to most GG's except some days would be more masculine. And when I dress at home that is how I dress, what every hits me, no wig or makeup.

But I a realistic and I have a family and a job to provide for them with. Me doing that where we live would not go over well and would be hell for my family. So when I get an urge and a chance to go out I do wear a wig and makeup to conceal my male identity with a decent, presentable, blending feminine image. But my goal is not to pass and I do not pass when people really look at me or we interact. Also when I get out I do it out of town.

So SG you are not alone in what you want. I have thought about asking for a "Guys in Skirts" or "Not Passing" area to post in, but not sure it would get enough action to justify it. I have found many in the type tend to be very shy about posting. You can PM me if you ever want to.

KimberlyS
    KimberlyS-CD
    joe in a skirt. Being myself not trying to be some other CDer
    Just trying to find a balance for my son and myself.

Standard disclaimer: Going out of the house was right for me, it may or may not be right for you. If you've got no desire to leave the house, that's fine, I'm not trying to push you out the door. But for those who've been yearning to do so, I just want to let you know the world may not be as scary a place as you think.

Wrong!

www.skirtcafe.org

This site is all about men wearing skirts.

Quote Originally Posted by noname View Post
    I don't want to be a girl, but I do feel that I should have every right to wear a skirt just as most women feel they have a right to wear pants. You won't find much on the net for mens rights to wear skirts, but you will find several sites who promote men having a right to wear a kilts.

A world of good

As others mentioned, skirtcafe.org is interesting. I am probably more like you than like the average girl here. However, there ain't no average. We all have our things. I wear skirts - sometimes out, but I have run into very negative reactions, and I'm not real good at ignoring pointing and laughter. On the other hand, I've also gotten many very positive comments. You can see some of my past posts to read about my preferences and experiences.

Even though I am not into wigs/makeup/passing/forms/voice I have found this forum to be filled with wise, funny, and supportive people. They do me a world of good.

I agree with kay2. but i wear it all, because it feels great

SG, you will find many here who share the similar interests that you have. For example, I am comfortable wearing a bra on a regular basis. I also wear hose, tights, and knee-hi's regularly during the colder months. I have no interest in makeup, nail polish, etc.

The wonderful thing about this site is that you can be yourself!
    Ally

In the paved over air-conditioned desert.

This is a great place...

but a bit of a warning...it is catching..
    I was only your basic borrowed hose and ,er, things CD.

Only the last 3 maybe 4 months or so have I wanted to dress more in full. and the more i do the more I want to do.
    Vincent Vega: Well, I confess that I wait to talk, but I am trying to learn to listen. (paraphrased)

Barbara's Blog

I'm comfortable just wearing a skirt, but, as you can see from my avatar, I'm also comfortable dressing fully enfemme.

Depends on the desire I feel at the time. But I rarely feel the need for a wig and makeup, as compared to the need to wear the attire.
    DonnaT

Quote Originally Posted by skirt_guy View Post
    I've been visiting this site for a while now and applaude those who are finding themselves.

I sort through the different threads trying to find the ones that hit home with me, i.e. a guy who just wants to wear a skirt or possibly hose with that skirt.

Is there a more appropriate forum that any of you know of? I don't necessarily want to look like a woman, or pass as a woman, just like to wear skirts, pantyhose and occasionally panties.

I've searched google and haven't really found anything. Just looking for an outlet for someone who doesn't really fit in.

This place is great, don't get me wrong. Just looking for more than the occasional person feeling the same anxiety as I do.

SG

I feel the same way about women's clothing. Because I have such masculine features and I have a very hairy body, trying to look female is next to impossible. Instead I try and wear skirts that look a bit masculine themselves with close-fitting t-shirts. I've struggled a lot too because skirts really hate t-shirts and guys shoes. Barely anything will look good in them. Still I've found that people seem a lot less offended when you're just in a skirt while sticking to male-clothes the rest of the way and doing away with makeup. Shoot I hate makeup on girls, why would I want it on me?

Anyway it seems people are a little less offended when you dress like that. Perhaps because they think you're making a fashion statement? Which you are of course!

I think the biggest problem right now with skirts and guys wanting to wear them is that skirts aren't really cut for a male body so they naturally look weird. On top of that, they don't have any pockets. Something I really hate. I wish the male-skirt fad would jumpstart or something...

Quote Originally Posted by Tonks View Post
    ...I think the biggest problem right now with skirts and guys wanting to wear them is that skirts aren't really cut for a male body so they naturally look weird. On top of that, they don't have any pockets.
    Skirts are cut many different ways, styles, brands. Even GG's have troubles with sizing. That is why you need to try them on in the stores.

As for pockets, I have several skirts with pockets but seldom use the pockets.

I think all of my jean skirts have pockets plus some others do.

KimberlyS
    Last edited by KimberlyS; 09-04-2007 at 04:50 PM.
    KimberlyS-CD
    joe in a skirt. Being myself not trying to be some other CDer
    Just trying to find a balance for my son and myself.

Standard disclaimer: Going out of the house was right for me, it may or may not be right for you. If you've got no desire to leave the house, that's fine, I'm not trying to push you out the door. But for those who've been yearning to do so, I just want to let you know the world may not be as scary a place as you think.

Why not carry a purse? I have been carrying one for years and they are the best thing that was even invented.

I feel the same way about women's clothing. Because I have such masculine features and I have a very hairy body, trying to look female is next to impossible. Instead I try and wear skirts that look a bit masculine themselves with close-fitting t-shirts. I've struggled a lot too because skirts really hate t-shirts and guys shoes. Barely anything will look good in them. Still I've found that people seem a lot less offended when you're just in a skirt while sticking to male-clothes the rest of the way and doing away with makeup. Shoot I hate makeup on girls, why would I want it on me?

Anyway it seems people are a little less offended when you dress like that. Perhaps because they think you're making a fashion statement? Which you are of course!

I think the biggest problem right now with skirts and guys wanting to wear them is that skirts aren't really cut for a male body so they naturally look weird. On top of that, they don't have any pockets. Something I really hate. I wish the male-skirt fad would jumpstart or something...

I think the biggest problem right now with skirts and guys wanting to wear them is that skirts aren't really cut for a male body so they naturally look weird.
    I disagree with this.

A skirt will hang from your waist (or sit on your hips).

It does not make any difference whether you have narrow or wide hips, or a wide or narrow waist.

Skirts will fit everyone. It is pants that are actually harder to fit!

You've probably got a consistent message here already, but I'm relatively new to this forum and - believe me - you're in really good company. Whatever you want to do there is no judgement only lots of support.

Enjoy the company!!

Becky
    xx

Skirt Guy...

I am wearing skirts in and out every day of the week. Doing so for the last 5 or even more years I never had any negative comments.
    My body features would not allow for a passing outfit. No makeup, no wig..just a guy in a skirt...and I love it

BTW, I love jeans skirts..They have pockets...fit perfectly and look great. I also have many A-line skirts..with or w/o pockets...In that case I use a sporran for my wallet and keys
    Last edited by Ashly; 09-05-2007 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Forgot something....
    [SIZE=2]It is Snowing Down South...[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]A skirt?????
    The sales lady told me it was a micromini-KILT!!!!
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="2"]"Tell me why I can't where a mini 'kilt' to work?"[/SIZE][SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

I wear skirts because they are a comfortable item of clothing.

If you are not sure about the aspect of wearing a skirt, then think of it as wearing shorts with only one leg hole.