Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Totally Busted

Totally Busted

Up till now, my wife did not know that I am a CDer. She does know that I like to wear Lady Hanes T-shirts and shorts. She also lets me have long acrylic nails and painted toes. She also knows that I shave my legs/chests/arms. She also knows that once a month I like to go to my nail salon, have a pedicure/manicure/fill/toes polished/eyebrows waxed, and get pampered.
    Well over the Labor Day weekend, I was lounging around wearing one of my Lady’s Hanes T-shirt and shorts. I was laying on the couch watching TV. She comes by, stops, looks at me and says, “Are you wearing PANTIES?” The first thought was “OH SH…..”, my next was "Dam...they must be showing", but I stayed calm and said “Yes, my rash has come back and I decided to see if your undies would not chaff me like my shorts do and so far it seems to be working”. She stares at me for what seem to be forever and then walks away. Later while we are eating lunch, I asked her if she was OK. Then she drops the bombshell, “Are you into Cross Dressing?” With my hands shaking a little I said, “Yes”. She then asked me if this was something I just recently started or have I been doing this for a long time. I said, No, that I had been doing this off and on since I was 10 years old or so and that until recently I kept it hidden. She asked why come out now. I answered that for a long time, I was ashamed of what I was and it was only since 2005 that I discovered that it was OK to be this way. I also told her that I decided to slowly integrate this, as I did not want to spring this on her all at once. I told her I had done a lot of reading and research on the Internet and that I found out that a lot of men are like myself and that a lot of them are also married. She then said that many of the things I had been doing lately, now makes sense. She then asked me if I have dress all the way. I said, “Yes”. Again I asked her if she was OK with this. She was silent for a while and then said, “Yes, but I’m not ready to see you fully dressed or have you do this 24/7”.
    We let it go for then until the next day and she said that she was going to rearrange her workout schedule so I could have a couple of Saturday mornings or afternoons for myself. I could not believe she said that, so I just went over to her, hugged her, kissed her, and thanked her. Then later we had to go to WalMart and she asked me if the panties I had on had lace on top or not. I said, “No lace”. She then said, those are size 8 and we went to the ladies area. She then said, "you want all white or colored panties". Being takened back a little, I asked if colored be OK. She then picks up a six-pack of assorted plain colored satin panties in size 8. She then said, “No more wearing mine”. I said, “OK”.
    I am still shocked. No screaming, No hollering, No mass crying. Don’t know what the future holds, but for now I will tread real easy and see how it goes.

You are very lucky

Congratualtions....you are very lucky. It does not always go that well.
    Enjoy it...

Up till now, my wife did not know that I am a CDer. She does know that I like to wear Lady Hanes T-shirts and shorts. She also lets me have long acrylic nails and painted toes. She also knows that I shave my legs/chests/arms. She also knows that once a month I like to go to my nail salon, have a pedicure/manicure/fill/toes polished/eyebrows waxed, and get pampered.

You do all of the above and she has never questioned you before she catches you wearing her panties. Sorry but I find that very difficult to believe.
    Last edited by Vicky_Scot; 09-04-2007 at 04:05 PM.

I remember the first time I told my Mom that I crossdressed. All she could respond with was the question, "Are you gay?" After the nth time, I finally dropped it.

Later I entered her room wearing a skirt and all she could say was "Are you sure you're not gay?"

Anyway it's been years since that event and I've never brought it up again. She has never brought up the subject again and acts like it never happened. It's one of my most disappointing moments with my Mom because I expected her to help me out. Fortunately at the time when I brought it up, she did seemed to care a little. She was worried that some jerk would beat me up or kill me for wearing girl's clothing.

In the paved over air-conditioned desert.
    Talk about little by little...

kinda funny to almost see a light bulb going off in her head.

In a way, being open about all of your 'grooming' habits a little bit at a time, sort of paved the way. Not really what I would think would be that effective a way of letting her know, but it sure worked out great in the end.

I would guess that she already had the idea in her head, found it hard to fathom and suppressed until the opportunity screamed out for the question.

I would think over time, her curiosity (strangely dormant here-to-fore) will get the better of her and she will want to see you dress. All at her speed and interest I would say.

continued good luck!
    Vincent Vega: Well, I confess that I wait to talk, but I am trying to learn to listen. (paraphrased)

Barbara's Blog

Well I for one can't imagine how she didn't know!! With your VS Angle card and all!! Lol. Glad its working out way better than the norm.. Lucky girl!!

Karren
    Last edited by Karren H; 09-04-2007 at 04:17 PM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

She's known for ages.

Happenin' Train Wreck Sonia Kiss's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skirt_lover View Post

You do all of the above and she has never questioned you before she catches you wearing her panties. Sorry but I find that very difficult to believe.
    Oh, I imagined she questioned in her mind long ago, and perhaps since then has even researched the subject a little bit. I'm struck by how appropriate her questions were! Not "are you gay?" but "are you a cross dresser?"

JoAnn,

This does sound very good! You must be feeling so much better to get this out in open, and even more to have your wife be up to the challenges of working on acceptance and compromise. ("No more wearing mine." Hehe. love it.)

Hugs,
    Sonia

skirt_lover..........Many things have dual meaning and uses. As for my acrylic nails, I have always had bad nails that split, cracked, and peeled. Thus the acrylic nails. She was the one that suggested I get acrylic nails. The painted toes were result of a remark wife said one day. I had deceided to get a pedicure, so after I got home she joking asked what color I got my toes in. I had not gotten any color, so next time I got a pedicure, I asked the tech to color my toes bright red. I showed my wife and she just rolled her eyes. I have had my toes painted every sense. As for the T-shirts and shorts, Lady Hanes T-shirts and shorts are unisex and I like the shorter t-shirts better than long ones. As for my arms/chest/legs, I get a skin rash where I use a perscription lotion on them. It leaves a stick residue on the hair, so I shave my legs/chest/arms to counter that. As for the panties, I have been wearing panties for almost a year. Only in the last month have I started wearing shorts, so while laying on the couch, the only thing I coud think of was my shorts must have ridden up enough that they showed.

to totally busted

joann:when my wife found out years ago she was ok with the waearing womens underware and bras.at home or in public if nothing showed. but it embarrassed her if my strasps showed to others. but i would not listen. finally it lead to a 3 month separation. we are back together now and she is ok with it as long as i am discrete. i wish she was more accepting but this is the way it is and that is ok. consider your self lucky--hugs from michille
    michille

It's all starting to sound rather odd.

Wife suggested acrylic nails for split nails. She must be one of the very few women on the planet who would consider REALLY suggesting her man gets acrylic nails. A bit of moisteriser would be first on the list.

Wife asked what colour to paint your toes nails jokingly. Painted toenails ever since and not a raised eyebrow.

Wearing a crop top T-shirt and she says nothing?

She isn't in a coma is she?

Whew

Well, we knew the day was coming she'd put it together.

Keep it to baby steps for now.
    DonnaT

I agree with Julie she has known for ages and duh you should have told her ages ago its not like you were exactly hiding it now you have got yourself in the classic what else is he not telling me trap take care I hope it goes well but I have my doubts sorry

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaT View Post
    Whew

Well, we knew the day was coming she'd put it together.

Keep it to baby steps for now.
    I've been following your progress for awhile also, JoAnn. Congratulations. I hope everything works out for you.

Karen Sue

I remember when I told my wife about my CDing, I asked if she ever had a clue? She said no, and all I can think is, girl you have been in total denial! Have you not noticed all your clothes, your makeup, your dresser in different spots when you come home?

JoAnn - We've PM'ed before and I've read most of your posts. From your descriptions of your activities I figured that your wife had to know. I'm amazed and very happy for you that your "secret" is out and your wife seems to be OK with it!
    You go girl!
    Talon

JoAnn,

Sounds like everything will go just fine from here on.

Missy Anne

TX & MN
    Sometimes a wife knows with her heart but refuses to "know" with her head because she doesn't want her world to collapse. Her fear is that her husband, who she chose until "death do we part", is gay or TS. (Few, it seems, know that a straight man would ever crossdress.) It seems you've educated your wife well.

I wish you luck. It's a one-way road you're on; dressing less or not dressing at all may prove very difficult after you've tasted a bit of CD freedom, particularly if you're fairly passable and enjoy going out dressed.

Best of luck.

Cindi Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by JoAnnDallas View Post
    I am still shocked. No screaming, No hollering, No mass crying. Don’t know what the future holds, but for now I will tread real easy and see how it goes.
    JoAnn,

In my opinion, you should find out if your wife wants to talk more about this or not. Usually women beat a subject to death by talking about it - especially if it's something bothering them. However, she may not want to talk about your CDing right now. So you need to find out which it is - How? I suggest asking her directly.

If you continue to make her comfortable right now (answering all her concerns by taking), it will be smooth sailing for you in the future. Comunication goes a long way in any relationship.

Oh, You are one lucky dog you know!

Hugs, Lori

Whether your wife knew or not... I guess only she knows for sure. But, If you lounge around in a Hanes Her Way t-shirt and panties, with your painted nails and shaved legs / chest, should you REALLY be surprised that she noticed?! I'd be shocked if she didn't!

Like I heard the cheating husband say on the TV movie last night: If a guy does not want to get caught, he won't.

Me thinks you laid a 'trap'... I'm happy that it has worked out for you thus far, JoAnn. Now, quit acting so naive and take advantage of an understanding spouse--she bought you panties, you go buy her flowers and dinner!!
    -Dayna

Self-professed godess of Photoshop... because a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!

Aspiring Member
    I think she had to be in denial. If my husband had brittle/cracked/split nails or whatever, Id never suggest he go get acrylic nails. That just doesnt seem like a "typical" solution, by any stretch of the imagination.

A lot of guys would not care, nor would their wives.

It's unfortunate that you didnt tell her from the get go, instead of dropping hints like giant loaves of bread on your trail.

It's weird how some gurls finally come out to their so/wife/gf and say "oh we went shopping", but later the gg is freaking out.
    It just hasnt sunk in yet. It's mind boggling for the vast majority of us.

one thing might not be a big deal but all of those things together??
    Really now.

And I think it's a double slap in the face to one not tell her about your CDing but then wear her clothes/undies?? That's just not ladylike.

I wish you both luck, really I truly do.
    ~Amber GG married to a CD
    Open mind open heart. Straight but not narrow. Momma to my sweet babies.
    Strong inside but you don't know it/Good little girls they never show it

Quote Originally Posted by Dayna View Post
    she bought you panties, you go buy her flowers and dinner!!
    Probably the best advice you will ever get...
    :GE:Don't sweat the small stuff...and its all SMALL stuff.

~~Post Modern Romantic~~ KewTnCurvy GG's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoAnnDallas View Post
    With absolute total and due respect; if you did all these things and she didn't think or know you're a cd'er what did she think you did any of that for? How could she NOT have known honestly!
    Wow, that seems odd, truly.
    Kew

I had switched to women's underwear (and tights or pantyhose in winter) long before the "incident of discovery" without any comparable alarm. So while denial seems fitting, I think with spouses this topic must sometimes need to be a sort of stochastic event that leads to open discussion as it must not be that easy to talk about otherwise.

Taking it slow at this stage is probably good advise, too.

Joni

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    What did I tell you months ago sis??? SHE KNEW !!!!!! When are you gonna listen to your big sister ??!!!!!

Ex told me after the discovery that she should have known about me because all the signs were there. Your wife has just been refusing to believe the total she kept coming up with when she did the math.

Emily Ann
    Living with a heel in each world.