Thread: Specifically, Nightgowns!

Specifically, Nightgowns!

If wearing women's nightgowns is your favorite way to crossdresss, please share how your love of nightgowns started.

After sleeping in women's nightgowns nightly for over 20 years, I'm still amazed at the powerful psychological effect they have on me!

I love wearing nightgowns...I love looking at nightgowns...I love seeing women wear nightgowns...and I even love the word, NIGHTGOWN!

Here's how MY obsession with nightgowns began...

This is my very first memory of crossdressing--I was 4 or 5 years old. I'm not sure who's idea it was, but I recall watching TV in bed with my mother while wearing her silky nightie! I also remember flitting around the house in that nightgown as if I was a little girl! It was a short, silky knee-length nightgown...but on me, because I was so young and small, the nightgown tickled the tops of my feet like a full-length nightgown. To this day, I don't know why my mother allowed me to do that...especially since it would seem so out of character for her, years later.

My next recollection of crossdressing happened a year or two later. For whatever reason, I didn't have any clean pajamas to wear to bed. So my mother made me wear her pink, silky pjs. I remember feeling silly wearing them, but no one saw me except for my younger sisters, and they didn't seem to care.

It happened again a few years later. I was maybe 10-years old...same deal...I didn't have any clean pajamas to wear to bed that night. It was winter, and my mother was angry that I didn't tell her I was out of clean pajamas. So she made me wear her frilly, ultra-feminine flannel pajamas to bed. She swore this wasn't a punishment; rather a necessity to stay warm that night. I'll never forget how mad I was at her for making me wear those.

When I turned 12, it happened again--I ran out of clean pajamas. But THIS time, it wasn't cold outside...so I begged Mom to let me sleep in just my underwear, but she wouldn't hear of it. My mother had a rule--everyone sleeps in SOMETHING. But this time, she handed me a nightgown to change into! I was shocked! The nightgown was long, soft and kinda silky! It had soft, lacy little shoulder straps--with a cute ruffle along the neckline--definitely something one would expect a young, pretty girl to wear to bed in the 1970s. Looking back, I don't ever remember seeing my mother wear that particular nightgown. Mom had lots of long, silky nightgowns, but I don't recall ever seeing her wear THAT one. And lo and behold, it fit me perfectly! I put up a weak protest, but mom said she no longer owned the slightly-less feminine pajamas...and the nightgown she was insisting I wear was the only option.

For the first time, I secretly found myself WANTING to sleep in that nightgown. And that night, for the first time since I was 4 or 5 years old, I actually got to sleep in a girl's nightgown! It was heavenly! I couldn't get over the soft and silky sensations I was feeling! The fabric of the nightgown caressed my skin all night. I kept tossing and turning just to feel the silkiness slide around me. I eventually passed out from the euphoria it brought me.

The next day, my pajamas were washed...and the nightgown was gone.

Not long after, my mother began attending regular Tuesday night church meetings, leaving me in charge of my two younger sisters. As soon as my sisters went to bed, I would sneak into my mother's room and try on her nightgowns. What made the experience even more exciting was when "Three's Company" would come on TV. Suzanne Somer's character, Chrissy Snow would prance around in these cute nighties, episode after episode...and it only fueled my love of women's nightgowns.

One night, I decided to steal one of my mother's rarely worn nightgowns and keep it in my room so that I could slip it on in the middle of the night. It didn't take long for her to walk in on me and catch me. Boy was she mad! In fact, she actually seemed horrified. I remember her yelling at me to take it off...and that what I was doing was a sin! I felt so ashamed and humiliated...and a bit surprised at her reaction. When I asked her why it wasn't a sin to wear a nightgown to bed on those previous occasions, she said it was because the circumstances were completely different. In her reasoning, I didn't have anything to wear...therefore, there was no choice. But in this case, wearing a nightgown to bed for gratification was wrong--an abomination--and I was forbidden to wear anything feminine again.

When I turned 18, I was finally old enough to live on my own...and you can bet the minute I had my own place, I started buying my own nightgowns, and slept in them every night.

Today, I'm 39-years old, married...and I still love sleeping in nightgowns every night! (BTW, I told my wife about my crossdressing a few months after we started dating...and luckily she chose to accept that part of me. We've been married for 10 years.)

So, how did it all start for you?
    Last edited by silkynightgown; 09-04-2007 at 08:10 PM. Reason: I caught a few mis-spelled words and I also wanted to clarify a point...sorry!

SMILEING WITH RED LIPS JULIE33362's Avatar

With My Moms Baby Doll Nighty

Great Story Mine Is At Age 7 Or 8 With Night Gowns Then All Womans Things 12 Years With Wife 2 Momth After Dateing Told Her
    WEAR SOMETHING PRETTY

I have a few things for thenight time I love wearing but I don't sleep in them
    Angie

All in all I'm not a big nightgown fan... get all bunched up and up around you neck... now satin PJ's are sweet!! imho...

Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I just love nighties, I wear only vintage chiffon baby dolls. I have alot of them. I sleep in them every night. I wouldn't be able to sleep in anything else now, I have been doing it so long. That is the first thing I put on when I know I am in the house for the evening. Sometimes on Sunday , if I don't have to do anything, I will run around the house all day in my nighty. Just love them and the way they feel. Reba Kay
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Panties and maybe a bra. But a night gown, no way. It looks great till you get in bed, then it's a pain in the, what ever it wraps up on. Mostly you. When you get ready to get into bed, off comes the gown...BJ

I must have 40 or 50 nightgowns but my favorite ones are the ones that have the double straps across back . Wear one every night .

One of the first items of female clothing I tried on was a nightie, at around 10 yrs old. It felt great.

I have several now. The problem I have is the little plastic adjustment slides on the spaghetti straps. Eventually they break, then stick me in the shoulder blades. So I've taken to adjusting them to where they are comfortable, sewing the straps fast, and removing the slides.
    DonnaT

Tie

That is quite a tie, Karren.

No nightie....

I never could find a night gown I would have liked to wear to bed....so, from time to time I wear one of my beloved longer full slips
    [SIZE=2]It is Snowing Down South...[/SIZE]

Nightgown problem solved...

About 12 years ago, I bought my first set of satin sheets. Since then, nightgown-bunching hasn't been an issue. The silky fabric of my nightgown easily slides against the silky fabric of my satin sheets...and the gown moves with me if I happen to roll over.

I usually wear a night gown or night shirt to bed when I don't have a regular under shirt on. I currently own one under shirt so I get to wear night gowns and night shirts for most of the week. I am in no hurry to buy more under shirts.
    lmildcd is now known as Lennette Lost.

T-Girl and here to stay!! Rosaliy Lynne's Avatar

My first nightbown ...

Was a long full length black gown with spaghetti straps. My oldest daughter had put it in with the stuff slated for GoodWill. Since then I have been given 2 and bought several more. I think I have maybe 9 nighties, mostly short, but three are full length including that black one that I still have.

Unless I am too lazy to change my clothes and sleep dressed, I wear one of those every night along with panties, bra and forms. I could not sleep as a girl without all that.
    Rosaliy Lynne
    We are who we are. We become what we must.
    http://rosaliylynne.com/

Banned Read only
    I love all that stuff, but don't sleep in any of it. Just keeps me awake.

I love wearing nightgowns,long flowing Olgas,Miss Elaine and Deena, sweep must be at least 200".I have just bought two from E Bay,one is a Red Deena with a long flowing back and the other is a Black Miss Elaine with a sheer black negligee.I have been wearing nightgowns from a very early age,it all started when I put my older sisters one on,it felt strange at first.The idea of nylon against my skin made me want to wear it again and again.I have a very strong fantasy about the old Hammer horror films,dracula springs to mind were the female vampire is dressed in a long flowing nightgown ready to suduce her prey This drives me nuts and is soooooooo sexy.I wear the Olga with suspenders,sheer black nylons,long black evening gloves,and heels.I then apply my make up with red lippy and lip gloss.And long black wig When dressed like this I have a very strong desire to suduce another man,I am in full control and feel very powerful when dressed like this.

Denise Marie
    Attached Images Attached Images

In the paved over air-conditioned desert.
    I haven't found the right cut/fabric/size or something yet. I find that ones that I like to see on Dee do not give me good range of motion in my shoulders. If I get them bigger,they hang like tents. I am thinking that like with dresses I am going to have to go with separates.This is not my preferred look on a gg though.

Funny how attempting to wear women's clothes gives me an appreciation (long overdue for me) that I really do have a masculine frame. ~feeling kinda butch now~
    Vincent Vega: Well, I confess that I wait to talk, but I am trying to learn to listen. (paraphrased)

Barbara's Blog

To answer Silkynightgown, it hasn't started. But after reading the posts here I am tempted to try one. To save energy I keep the bedroom a bit chilly (easy here in winter!), so a nightgown would be a logical item to wear.

I don’t specifically wear nightgowns, but in the cooler months of the year I wear nightgowns every night. I started wearing them about 5 years ago. My SO was purging stuff that didn’t fit her anymore and had me trying on stuff. She used to wear a 9/10, 2 kids later she is a 16. She had several satin nightgowns that were too small for her but fit me fine. I put them up in a closet figuring I would never wear them, but one cold night my SO told me to quit complaining about being cold and put one on. I put one on and slept in it and was hooked form there.

Smile

I love night gowns i have three right now from: http://www.onestopplus.com/clothing/...PurchaseType=G

gold ,black and Pale Mauve. 52 in length.
    I just started wearing them a few months ago around the house but not to bed i just wear panties or thongs to bed.

Gold Member
    Those vintage nighties got me started

I do love my nightgowns, I have about 25 or so and about 5 satin robes, just can't sleep if I'm not covered in beautiful satin! Jones of New York is one of my favorite brand names. I also have a very large collection of satin PJ's I wear when lounging around the house. I bought my very first nightie 20 yrs ago from sears when I first got my drivers license.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thats a pretty good site Misty some really nice dresses and nightgowns,just bookmarked for future referance

Denise Marie

Quote Originally Posted by Denise Marie View Post
    Thats a pretty good site Misty some really nice dresses and nightgowns,just bookmarked for future referance

Denise Marie
    you are very welcome I shop there all the time.