Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: stilettos that keep on breaking

Banned Read only

stilettos that keep on breaking

I have purchased 3 pairs of stilettos not to high a heel, and all three of them broke. im wondering if this has happend to you girls. Is there a way to walk on them without them breaking or could it be a flaw in the shoes that I buy?

Before my stroke, when I could walk in heels, and I weighed in at around 280 lbs, I never broke a heel. And I could wear them up to 5".
    DonnaT

Quote Originally Posted by kimberly76 View Post
    I have purchased 3 pairs of stilettos not to high a heel, and all three of them broke. im wondering if this has happend to you girls. Is there a way to walk on them without them breaking or could it be a flaw in the shoes that I buy?
    Remember, these shoes are made for women. (don't take offense)

With that being said, here are the three possible scenerios that I can think of.

1. The shoes you get are a cheap brand
    2. You just don't now how to walk in heels yet. (practice makes perfect)
    3. You may be too large of a frame for them. (once again, no offense)

Here's a place that makes shoes for women like us.
    http://www.divine.co.uk/

If you've ever seen the movie "Kinky Boots", this is the actual place the movie was based on.

Don't know how you walk in heels but I feel that you almost have to imagine that you're walking on ypour toes. The heel definitely comes down first but you cannot put all of ypour weight on the heel. Just feel like your toes come down just a little bit after your heel.
    May take a lot of practice. Start with lower heels and work your way up to higher.

Banned Read only
    im pretty average sized i weigh 180. so i dont think that im putting to much pressure on them

I would say practice in a heel a little thicker untill they feel like your wearing sneakers then slowly work your way to the skinny ones. just my
    High Heels, are there any other type of shoe?

Wanna be a girl. Ibuki_Warpetal's Avatar
    You might be putting a large amount of stress on the outer edge of the heel without realizing it. When do they break exactly? Under what conditions?
    The last name is Warpetal.
    That should have been your first clue.
    No regrets.
    WHEN YOU FIGHT YOU CAN LOSE
    BUT WHEN YOU GIVE UP YOU'VE ALREADY LOST.

Banned Read only
    i've only been walking arround the house. im still in the closet. ity seams like im walkin on the edge of them.i dont quite feel balenced

it's your walk then. Keep practicing. Like mentioned before, it feels like walking on your toes. Just walk slow and take baby steps.

Banned Read only
    we guys tend to walk with a lot less grace then women. I'm wondering if m not alone in being a CD who has broken heels before.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarissa View Post
    Remember, these shoes are made for women. (don't take offense)

With that being said, here are the three possible scenerios that I can think of.

1. The shoes you get are a cheap brand
    2. You just don't now how to walk in heels yet. (practice makes perfect)
    3. You may be too large of a frame for them. (once again, no offense)

Here's a place that makes shoes for women like us.
    http://www.divine.co.uk/

If you've ever seen the movie "Kinky Boots", this is the actual place the movie was based on.
    You are not alone I have broken a few pair, like said above practice makes perfect maybe shorten your stride a bit, feel relaxed. This helped me alot.
    If you want to live life on your own terms:
    "You gotta be willing to Crash & Burn"

Dakota

Links requiring a sign in are not permitted

Very occasionally you will come across a pair of shoes that have a flaw in them, it's bound to happen, it's just one of those things.

But to have it happen to all three of your shoes indicates that you must be walking incorrectly in them. Walking in heels is an artform, or atleast walking gracefully in heels is. CDs can walk gracefully in the highest of heels, it's just not something that comes naturally to either men or women.

You don't mention how high the heels are? I'd also suggest that you try a wedge heel until you get used to the sensation of walking with your foot in an unnatural position. Once you've mastered that, and you don't feel quite so unsteady then it will be a lot easier to practise in heels.
    God does not play dice with the universe.

He plays an ineffable game of His own devising, which might be compared from the perspective of any of the other players (i.e. everybody) to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch-dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stales, with a Dealer who won't tell you the rules and who smiles all the time.

I find that I walk more awkwardly within the confines of the house; when I can get into my stride and rythm it is a lot easier to walk in high heels.

One of my moans is when walking across uneven surfaces - you can easily scratch the colour off your heels and need touching up with heel paint!

Becky

We can be rough on shoes.

What more reason to go and buy more shoes (tights, bras, skirts....)!!

Becky

I don't seem to have a problem with heels breaking, but sure do have one with the heel tips wearing quickly. Rough concrete is the worst. I will soon be buying some metal heel tips for my favorite spiky stilettos. Any one else wear their tips quickly?

In the beautiful Blue Ridge mountains of VA
    I have had to replace some heel tips over the years but never have broken heel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Life is too short dress whenever you can!

I weigh 175, have been wearing heels for a long time, and have never had one break. Get a different brand, hon. I but Payless, all the time, and never had a problem. May I ask what size shoe you wear? I have seen some pretty voluptious women (and CD's) in talll heels, and nothing EVER breaks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kimberly76 View Post
    im pretty average sized i weigh 180. so i dont think that im putting to much pressure on them
    So I turned myself to face me, but I've never caught a glimpse
    Of how the others must see the faker,I'm much too fast to take that test.
    And these children you spit on, as they try to change their worlds,
    Are immune to your consultation, They're quite aware of what they're going thru!

Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes David Bowie

[SIZE="1"]by Cara Allen[/SIZE]Cara

Once a Girl,always a Girl Dita_B's Avatar
    New Westminster, a city within the city of Vancouver, BC, Canada

Did you watch the movie "Kinky Boots"?

In the movie "Kinky Boots" they address the problem of CD's walking on women's heels.

They talk about a metal shank built into the shoe that strengthened the shoe for the extra stress it has to take when a man walks on them...

I don't know if that would resolve your problem as I never had any heel breaking and I walk on heels (made in China) all the time. And mine are made for women...

So your problem can be two fold: or your walk is wrong and you are putting too much stress on the shoe, or your shoes are of an inferior quality... or a combination of both.

To improve your walk, start watching fashion TV programs and watch models walking the cat walk in fashion shows and pay particular attention to the way they walk...Then practice what you have observed they do... It takes some time to get it right.

And to resolve the other issue is easy... buy a better quality shoe...

Dita.

Never broke a heel either.. you must be doing something wrong... Call your local shoe store and sign up for a class... or call OSHA and see if they give "Safe Work Instructions" for high heels...

Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I have never broken a heel. I notice that many people no matter what their size or footwear tend to walk " Hard" having their weight slam down hard rather than being " light on their feet" It may be something to notice. Kahlan

practice

Practice, practice, practice, that's how to get to Carnegie Hall.

I've broken heels before, but not in the last 20 years or so.. The only thing I can imagine is that they were poorly constructed and I wont ever buy from that store again. It was a cheesy online "CD clothing store" and not any of the many mainstream shoe outlets that are available more recently.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

Never

I have never broke a heel but then I had a head start on this cd thingy, If you have read my Intro and profile you will see what I mean.
    You have to walk the walk.
    May all the twins in the world have as much fun as I

Soccer Mom Extraordinaire Dee Talbot's Avatar
    Barb hasn't broken any, but she was having some difficulty learning to walk in them. What was a big help to her, was to practice on the treadmill set at a strolling speed. That way, she could find her stride in the privacy of our home.

I agree with everyone who has suggested wedges, lower heels, etc, until you have mastered the walk. Learning on stillettos is like using toothpicks to learn to walk on stilts.

Dee
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

When life gives you a crossdresser, screw the lemonade.......grab your bags and go shopping!!