Thread: Environmental Femininity...

Emerging butterfly...

Environmental Femininity...

Hi all,

This morning I'm wondering what ways some of us extend our "femme-passion" beyond ourselves & into our environment. For instance, the leader of my Tri-ESS group has pink living-room walls & a license plate that reads: "IMACD2". I also remember once seeing a CDer driving a pink Volkswagon convertible along the beach. Then there was a guy (suspected CD) who I'd seen at a couple of job-sites that painted his tools pink for identification purposes.

I myself love prettily scented candles & incense around the house, & pink/purple flowers outside of it. I tend to surround myself with soft, pastel colors whenever possible. I even daydream sometimes about a bedroom done all in pink satin & white lace, complete with a very girly canopied bed, an ornate, dainty make-up vanity, & soft pillows everywhere. Of course it would come with a "Diva-sized" walk-in closet & a "magic mirror" [Who's the fairest??], tee, hee!

So ladies, how have you extrapolated your femininity into your environments, or in what ways have you imagined doing so???

Pink Hugz,

Veronica
    Last edited by Veronica Fallon; 09-08-2007 at 07:22 AM.

my room wall is pink and light blue , my bed sheet is pink hello kitty . thats all ..

In the paved over air-conditioned desert.
    My wife and I were looking for a new sheet comforter set a while back before she or I had any idea I was an actual crossdresser. She admired a pink set with cabbage roses. I said at the time, go ahead, it will feel like I'm visiting you dorm room or something. It gave her a giggle but she moved on to a more neutral set.

A couple of weeks ago, in a leg-waxing session gone horrible wrong with purple goo...I picked up a new set that is in tan and cream but which features some peach and salmon flowers with soft greens. I had hopes it would go with a settee I had found for our bedroom with a floral pattern. It missed as a match but we both like the set.
    Vincent Vega: Well, I confess that I wait to talk, but I am trying to learn to listen. (paraphrased)

Barbara's Blog

Geez, I thought this thread was going to be about wearing green!

My tastes always ran to the feminine side, even when I was buried deep in my hole, so I just keep on decorating as I always have. I would hate a pink car though -- it would make me feel lke a Barbie doll.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

Hm hard to tell, 'cause I don't really know what a feminine environment would look like.
    If pinkishness is the measure, I totally failed.
    I like home decoration and always have a fresh bouquet of flowers ... is this a good sign ?

French provincial

Veronica, I used to dream of having a white French provincial bedroom.

Gender Variant Badger PaulaJaneThomas's Avatar
    Nope. Totally un-domesticated.
    Best Wishes

Paula

Warning: This product may contain Badger
    Every girl crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed Badger.

"Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?"
    - Tony Hancock

ol' Transgendisaurus Mandy Salamander's Avatar
    well,,,,,,I dooo decorate my bedroom with my Bradley doll collection,, and I dooo have th' "diva-sized closet w' full-legth mirror,(out of necessity),, and I did drive a pink MGA for awhile, but I backed 't into a tree t' stabilize 't while I replaced th' brakes, and 't never started again ~so it goes,,,,,,,,or not~,,,,,,,,,,,, then again, on th' other hand,,, my ex-wife has described my apartment as "the nightmare before christmas"

I tried but failed.....

the pink pinstripe wasn't available on my black 03 Ford Ranger FX4/Level II..... sigh

Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Emerging butterfly...
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I tried but failed.....

the pink pinstripe wasn't available on my black 03 Ford Ranger FX4/Level II..... sigh

Karren
    Hmmm.... so I guess no pink Harley for you either, huh Karren??

In the paved over air-conditioned desert.
    Quote Originally Posted by janet1234 View Post
    Veronica, I used to dream of having a white French provincial bedroom.
    My sister and I shared that very bedroom set until the horror of me trying on her dress at 3.5 -4 .

I thought the set she passed down to my younger sister, that I now have stripped down and awaiting paint for one of my daughters was the very same, but as I understand it. IN the many moves over the years, to save tonnage on the trucks, various pieces were left behind and new pieces purchased used in the new place. Its still fun to look at though. Both of my older daughters are out of the princess phase, and the youngest won't get out of our bed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon View Post
    Geez, I thought this thread was going to be about wearing green!
    I thought it was about stuffing one's bra with birdseed in muslin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marla S View Post
    I like home decoration and always have a fresh bouquet of flowers ... is this a good sign ?
    Nothing more feminine than floral arranging. When I was deep in the closet of my mind still and newly married, I once pruned my prized dwarf peach trees a little late in the season and they were just budding into blooms. I hated to waste them. I plopped them in a vase, put a looong strand of fake pearls draped among them and carried it into work where Dee and I met. The oohs and aahs from her cubbie buddies is where I first learned that flowers sent to work get you more bonus points then ones brought home.

the pink pinstripe wasn't available on my black 03 Ford Ranger FX4/Level II.....
    Just go down to your local hot-rod customizer and explain your needs...~grin~
    Vincent Vega: Well, I confess that I wait to talk, but I am trying to learn to listen. (paraphrased)

Barbara's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica Fallon View Post
    Hmmm.... so I guess no pink Harley for you either, huh Karren??
    Nahhhh Not bikes at all since my wife's father was killed on one..... And I'm really getting tired of my wife telling me... "I don't you going out smelling like a flower" .........."again"
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica Fallon View Post
    . . . I even daydream sometimes about a bedroom done all in pink satin & white lace, complete with a very girly canopied bed, an ornate, dainty make-up vanity, & soft pillows everywhere. Of course it would come with a "Diva-sized" walk-in closet . . .
    Veronica
    You just said it - I have day dreamed about this very thing. :-)

I tried but failed.....

Karren
    Just take your Ranger to a detail shop. They can add the Pink pinstripe and you will have a customized truck. You could also add Pink Neon lights under the truck so everyone will see you coming

Well of course

My bedroom/bath/closet are done in pink and cream colors with creamy lace curtains, pink/cream bedset with lots and lots of pillows and an adorable border in the bath with a makeup theme.
    The closet is full of 'girl' stuff and 'gurl' stuff, and a few requisite guy things.
    The decor makes me feel good everyday
    No closet is big enough!