Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tasteless and tarty or don't have a clue?

Aspiring lady of leisure kay_jessica's Avatar

Tasteless and tarty or don't have a clue?

Why do so many TVs insist on showing stocking tops and suspenders in their pictures? How often do you see real girls flashing upper thighs unless they are on the game on a street corner? I you are one that does tell us why?

When I dress I dress to blend in and wear clothing appropriate to my age and environment.

Hugs

Kay

Wanna be a girl. Ibuki_Warpetal's Avatar
    Try to remember most of us were not raised as girls and have a predominantly male idea of what is cute and what is not.

There is also no blending to be done here on the forum. This is where fun is to be had, among other things.

That said, I refrain from said tarty behaviour.
    The last name is Warpetal.
    That should have been your first clue.
    No regrets.
    WHEN YOU FIGHT YOU CAN LOSE
    BUT WHEN YOU GIVE UP YOU'VE ALREADY LOST.

tasteless and tarty

I agree with you so much. Many of the pictures are very nice but spoiled by seeing stocking tops or suspenders. As you rightly say, this is not something you would normally see on a lady when she was out. I enjoy short skirts, but the rule for me is, short skirt, then its tights undernearth, if in a longer dress or skirt, i will wear stockings. Its a simple rule, and one which i prefer to keep to. But having said that, its eveyone to their own taste.

Delia

In the paved over air-conditioned desert.
    We often mistake the quick accidental flash of just a hint of the stretching of a stocking that suggests that a women is wearing a garter belt, with the pure fantasy that she showed us the tops of both stockings.

This is a purely male construction. It is fed by the male posed, male photographed "gentleman's" art that is of course designed for its consumers, horny men.

Less (er well maybe more actually) is definitely sexier on many levels, but that doesn't stop some from taking the quick jump from the suggestive to the bawdy.

In context though, such posing by TV's for other TV's and their male admirer's is in and of itself a perfectly valid niche er "artform". But no, lesbian or even the bi-curious woman, would look at such a photo and say, mmm, give me a piece of that. (hmmm of course why does my wife salivate at the shirtless Beckam?...things to ponder...)
    Vincent Vega: Well, I confess that I wait to talk, but I am trying to learn to listen. (paraphrased)

Barbara's Blog

You mean this forum is considered the general public? I thought this was a private refuge for crossdressers to have some fun. Just because some like to flash the top of their suspenders in pictures sent here does not mean they actually do this in real life.

"Real girls" often show pictures of themselves in suggestive postures privately for a laugh. Besides many CDs are not interested in behaving "ladylike", being feminine means fun for them and are not interested in conforming to social norms. Can't we have space to accommodate the serious and the light?

Not just a pig-n-lipstick

but ****ty can be fun! hehehehe

Quote Originally Posted by Satrana View Post
    "Real girls" often show pictures of themselves in suggestive postures privately for a laugh. Besides many CDs are not interested in behaving "ladylike", being feminine means fun for them and are not interested in conforming to social norms. Can't we have space to accommodate the serious and the light?

Sometimes I feel like being a lady and wearing "blend-in" clothes but since I primarily dress at home I usually dress far more provocative simply cuz I can. I'm sure there are plenty of outfits that "real girls" only wear at home around their friends that they would never considering wearing outside and aren't we all friends here?

I like showing the stocking tops, because it is what my idea of sexy is. However, that being said, if I were out (and I'm not), I wouldn't show that in public, because it isn't what other people generally want to see.

Different strokes for different folks. Not all GG's are alike either. As a GG I know of once said,"there's no such thing as being ladylike" ( meaning that it's a made-up concept ).

Hmm--Yeah, I could be tasteless or tarty as Sal without much of a problem but choose not to be. Now, being tasteless and tarty as Rich--that would be a challenge.

We are all here because of our differences compared to mainstreams idea of what we should be. Most of us condem society for trying to put us in their perfect little boxes and this is our refuge from all of that.

Having said that our differences are just that, ours. I for one wear garters and flash them, take pictures of them, lots of pictures...... for my pleasure. The more the better. It's what I like. Not tasteless and not tarty.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Peggy

Cause their skirts are too damn short... Duuuuhhhhh lol
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I only dress ****ty in private. It is my stress relief valve. Otherwise, I dress middle age conservative, which blends well in society. I get more satisfaction out of being enfemme when I can go about business without being "hassled", and even though I don't pass, I rarely get "made" in my normal attire. Anyhoo, to each her own!

ladylike

You are so right Karren!

The outfit looked so cute in the store. How was i supposed to know that my padded hip girdle would show if i raised my shoulders. See avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by kay_jessica View Post
    Why do so many TVs insist on showing stocking tops and suspenders in their pictures? How often do you see real girls flashing upper thighs unless they are on the game on a street corner? I you are one that does tell us why?

When I dress I dress to blend in and wear clothing appropriate to my age and environment.

Hugs

Kay
    Dear Kay, there are millions of motivations to X-dress, from pure sexual fetishism, as for example in the "Sexy french maid" outfit which is nothing like a real French maid costume, to the very classic and sometimes severe impersonation of a business woman.

So some TVs like to give an image that corresponds to their "male fantazies" of what a "sexy woman" is in their view, hence the top of a nylon stocking, preferably black and lacy...

Other try to dress in a way that is adapted to the circumstances, their age and their physical appearances...

As was said also, a X-dresser may dress very differently at some moments or other... When I go out in the streets, I truy to be as "undistinguishible" as possible from a woman my age and my size (rather plump). But at home if I want to satisfy some fantazies, I may dress in a way that wouldn't be appropriate at all to show even here

I think that we should lead the way for tolerance and non discriminatory attitudes towards the various modes of expressing one's TV preferences otherwise how can we expect that other will be tolerant if we aren't?

Eugenie

Hmmmm, I happen to like tasteless and tarty. Dang live a little. I understand we want to be as womanly as possible. But many of us are happy being tarty and tasteless. And as a matter of fact, maybe to us thoes who worry to much, are tasteless and boring. We are not all gonna go out. We are not all gonna show everyone on earth. The ones we do show are TG like us or support us. So why worry so much. Quit trying to make others see things like you or do them like you. Just because you think you do not care for it does not make it tasteless. Oh and one last thing. I know we want to be like women, but we aren't. We are TG and we vary as much as can possibly be. Why is it only that only the prim and proper ones think it has to be their way? After nearly three years on this fourm I still can not get over the judging you folks do. Damn we are judged by the world. Why judge each other in our own home?

Tiffany
    Last edited by Tiffy; 09-11-2007 at 07:18 AM. Reason: edit
    no matter how much love we have, we can not feel it if we are not happy inside

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy ****, what a ride!",author unknown

Women to me are gods greatest forms of beauty and art in motion.

my SO says if you have it, flaunt it. She also wishes she had my legs so I guess a lot of it for me is her wanting to see them.

tasteless??

I dress for fun, no other reason. I am not a woman but like to dress in sexy clothes and high heels. It's either in private or in a club where others dress the same way. You can dress sexy or ****y at any age, especially if you have a hot body. Dressing sexy has nothing to do with age. Some people on here can be such prudes, in my humble opinion.

Emerging butterfly...
    This is what I wore my first time out, to a Tri-ESS meeting a couple weeks ago...

...my stocking tops were showing slightly, which I thought was rather inappropriate for the meeting, & which I felt self-conscious about. :blushing:[until I get some black heels, this is the only complete outfit I have]:blushing: However, if I'd have gone to a club afterwards I'd probably have fit right in.

Unless I'm trying to blend in, dressing sexy is fun & stimulating- in an appropriate setting! As far as this site goes... let's see those garters ladies!!

Sexy sometimes,

Veronica

It's sexy, plain and simple.

P.S.

Veronica, that is a stunning outfit. You look good in it.

Quote Originally Posted by kristiCD View Post
    I dress for fun, no other reason. I am not a woman but like to dress in sexy clothes and high heels. It's either in private or in a club where others dress the same way. You can dress sexy or ****y at any age, especially if you have a hot body. Dressing sexy has nothing to do with age. Some people on here can be such prudes, in my humble opinion.
    amen to that

If they never made short sexy skirts or lacy stockingtops ...how boring would that be ...if you got it flaunt it ...if you dont.. cover your knees ...
    Now excuse me while I stretch

Attachment 53354
    Last edited by Sherlyn; 09-13-2007 at 07:52 PM.

My Heroes Wore Nylons Lovely Rita's Avatar

Guilty as charged

Quote Originally Posted by kay_jessica View Post

Hugs

Kay
    I believe dressing is different for many of us. I absolutely love dressing in what I consider sexy, and I like to do it wholeheartedly. I also respect the fact that many here do not, and are not comfortable with it and I accept that.

Just like passing is a challenge for all of us, I also believe pulling off the sexy look can be quite challenging as well. There are so many facets to dressing and I love the challenge of it. Putting on the makeup as best we can to create the illusion of being a woman. I find this to be great fun.

Since you asked, I have to say that I have so much fun with it. I love the way it makes me feel. Since I am free to crossdress and encouraged by my SO I have no inhibitions about what or how I wear it. I stop conforming to society the minute I put on a dress and so I do not feel I have to conform to any other rules either.

Appropriate enters my mind only when going out and not when I am having fun at home or on vacation, or for a photo shoot, or on this site, except when it comes to adhereing to this the site's rules and guidlines for posting.

The truth is I love the sexy or as you call it "Tarty look," but I also respect if you don't.
    Last edited by Lovely Rita; 09-11-2007 at 09:13 AM.
    Hugs

Lovely Rita

The journey is about learning how to love and to do it with all our heart.

The Revolution moves forward!!!!!
    aspiring to be "part of the cure and not the disease."
    to quote Cold Play.

Becoming the person I was created to be
    not the person you expect me to be

"Girls Just Want to Have FUN!"

You don't need an excuse to Love just an opportunity!

Tasteless And Tarty?

Have any of you seen BRITNEY's latest, that's what I call tasteless ans tarty BIG TIME AND SHE IS IN THE PUBLIC.
    LOVE & HUGS Georgette

Be who you want to be not what others think you should be
    On the Road to a better Place

If, God put you there, God will help you through it.

Silver Member
    I think we have to remember that this forum is made up of many different people. We are not all going to have the same taste in clothes.

As Tiffy said above, some of us LIKE to dress tasteless and tarty. That's our own business, isn't it? Some of us like the secretaary look, some like the streetwalker look, some like the schoolgirl look, and some like the jeans and T-shirt look.

Now if someone is having trouble "passing" and they going out looking like a hooker, then we might point out that the hooker look has little hope of "passing" anywhere but on the street corner after dark. But otherwise, especially when at home, it doesn't really matter what you wear, does it?

Lovies,
    Stephenie

Thank you ladies I am glad I am not alone.

Tiffany
    no matter how much love we have, we can not feel it if we are not happy inside

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy ****, what a ride!",author unknown

Women to me are gods greatest forms of beauty and art in motion.