Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey, I'm a Guy!

Talking Hey, I'm a Guy!

Yup, it's official now. The great state of New York has officially declared me "male" as of today, so I'm walking on air right now. I went down to the Department of Motor Vehicles this morning with a letter from my doctor (as required by the DMV) and asked them to change my license.

That part was actually easy and everyone was very nice about it ("Yes, sir, no problem."). The hard part was getting them to agree to let me use my first initial and middle name, instead of my first name and middle initial (as is currently on my license). They kept telling me that I needed to show a court order proving that I've had a legal name change, and I kept explaining that I haven't had a legal name change (nor do I plan to) - I'm just using a different form of the same name.

Each person I talked to referred me to their supervisor and I had to keep showing proof of my full name (birth certificate, SS card, etc.) until they finally got it - but it took hours! So . . . hallelujah! I'm now legally male in NYS and officially M. Alexis M_______. Now I have to convince the U.S. government so that I can get my passport changed, and that will be lots harder, I'm sure.

Also, according to my employer, it looks like I'm going to have a hard time changing the way I want my name to read on my health insurance too, but one step at a time.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by CaptLex View Post
    Yup, it's official now. The great state of New York has officially declared me "male" as of today, so I'm walking on air right now. I went down to the Department of Motor Vehicles this morning with a letter from my doctor (as required by the DMV) and asked them to change my license.

That part was actually easy and everyone was very nice about it ("Yes, sir, no problem."). The hard part was getting them to agree to let me use my first initial and middle name, instead of my first name and middle initial (as is currently on my license). They kept telling me that I needed to show a court order proving that I've had a legal name change, and I kept explaining that I haven't had a legal name change (nor do I plan to) - I'm just using a different form of the same name.

Each person I talked to referred me to their supervisor and I had to keep showing proof of my full name (birth certificate, SS card, etc.) until they finally got it - but it took hours! So . . . hallelujah! I'm now legally male in NYS and officially M. Alexis M_______. Now I have to convince the U.S. government so that I can get my passport changed, and that will be lots harder, I'm sure.

Also, according to my employer, it looks like I'm going to have a hard time changing the way I want my name to read on my health insurance too, but one step at a time.
    Congrats, Man! That is totally awesome.....One step at a time, but you are definitely getting there....I'm happy for you! **Trey**
    Ever The Opportunist

Platinum Member
    one step at a time Lex the rest will come

Great news, Sir

Congrats

That's awesome, Lex! I'm sure you're thrilled.
    Remember always that you have not only the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one. - Eleanor Roosevelt

The most universal quality is diversity. - Michel de Montaigne

You do not truly own anything you cannot carry at a dead run!

‘Them as can do, has to do for them as can’t. And someone has to speak up for
    them as has no voices.’ - Terry Pratchett, The Wee Free Men

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptLex View Post
    Now I have to convince the U.S. government so that I can get my passport changed, and that will be lots harder, I'm sure.
    only just noticed this part! are you thinking of taking a trip somewhere???

In your saddlebags, messing with your weight distribution.
    Woohoo! Awe, Lex! Have a drink on me!
    Yes-- socks! Run out again! Why is it that no matter how many millions of pairs of socks I buy, I never seem to have any? They just... disappear. Honestly, you'd think someone was coming in here, stealing the damn things, and selling them off. . . For me, socks are like sex: tons of it about, and I never seem to get any.

Congrats! Good luck changing the US government... but in the mean time, enjoy your new status!

Quote Originally Posted by Kieron Andrew View Post
    only just noticed this part! are you thinking of taking a trip somewhere???
    Yeah, sure . . . just as soon as I do some pirating, 'cause I have no cash . . . but donations are happily accepted.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Oh that's soooo cool Captain, sir. Do you actually have a new copy of the license already? hehehe if you do I bet you keep whipping it out to look at the Mr. part over and over. I know I would (well, in reverse of course).

And since when did pirates need passports? Sheesh... all these new rules.

I hope a young lady giving a swarthy swashbuckling dude such as yourself flowers isn't embarassing, cuz here!

(the rum and cigars the guys can give you )
    "I dwell in possibility."

"Say what you want and be who you are, because those who matter don't mind, and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
    George Bernard Shaw

Yay, Lex. Woot. Dude I'm thrilled for you. Wicked.

Congrats Capt!!

yay congrats

Man, that is the most awesome news I have heard all day!! Congrats!

Very cool, Lex -- congratulations!!
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

Congratulations, Captain, Sir. You make a fine looking gentleman and now the State of New York and its fine citizens shall know that you are a man not to be trifled with!

Jenna
    [SIZE="2"]There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved. - George Sand[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Smile

From one New Yorker to another! CONGRATS> Let's have a Hugs,Wendi

cool Captain, sir. congrats, now when the British government get my passport done i can come down and we can celebrate

like you say one step at a time
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

That's awesome news! Congrats!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For certain you must be lost to find a place that can't be found. Else ways, everyone would know where it was. ~ Captain Barbossa, Pirates of the Carribean: At World's End

That's great news Lex. I'm happy for you.
    Vampires are real, just not how you picture them to be.

Wooooooooooo

Great news!

A good day all around.

~Aethen
    Ship's Navigator, God help us all.

I really didn't realize the librarians were, you know, such a dangerous group . . . You think they're just sitting there at the desk, all quiet and everything. They're like plotting the revolution, man. I wouldn't mess with them.

~Michael Moore

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...9004/event.png

My Korat Kitten's Boy Toy JamesAlan's Avatar
    Rum for the captain. Congrats dude. I know how thrilling it is to have that "M" on your license. I had it once, but it was a screw up at DMV . I should have kept it though, at 15 I would have been listed as a guy . But my mom had me go back and have it fixed. Oh well, can't wait until I can have that "M" again myself. Congrats again Capt.
    Life is like a dominatrix hooker...she'll beat the crap out of you and still insist you pay.

Congrats Cap'n, thats freakin' AWESOME

Round of rum on me for all

Daniel
    [SIZE="3"]Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are. ~ Unknown[/SIZE]

Hell, I've been saying you're the man!
    Congratulations Captain, my Captain! I'm thrilled for you. Bet you are also defying the laws of gravity by walking on air!
    Love and xxxx, Lily
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

Awesome! Congrats Cap'n!
    Story of my life –>