Thread: The Military and the Crossdresser

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question The Military and the Crossdresser

I have always assumed that the military was strict about dress codes & I wondered if any of you have first hand experiences on what would happen, if anything, if a solider was found to be "underdressing" under their uniform? Would it make a difference if the solider was off duty? Would it be against any regulations to be a crossdresser in or out of the closet? The only thing I can think of, and this is just a guess, is being found out of uniform. I haven't heard anything in the news or else where that addresses this, but I'll be the first to admit I am not a big fan of the news either. The closest I've heard is the don't ask don't tell rule for gays, but being transgendered doesn't mean you are gay. So no help there.

And what about those who are TS? Are there any regulations on soldiers who are found to be taking hormones or transitioning in any way? Is it possible to be "out" without being booted out of the service.

Nope. I have no one in RL who is currently in the service who is transgendered.

So anyone know?? I am not looking to turn this into is it right or wrong here. No politics in other words, just looking for some facts and information from someone who knows. Thanks in advance.

`
    dancin
    Last edited by dancinginthedark; 09-14-2007 at 02:30 PM.