Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Military and the Crossdresser

i wonder how many others made that mistake ?

Quote Originally Posted by MJ View Post
    quote dancing :- " imagined solider under a great deal of stress... and that lead to thoughts of dressing to help relive stress ....and that leads to more stress on my imagined solider. My mind just goes round and round with it all. Which leads me to wonder just how many have struggled with this in the past and how many are now. "

OK so if i join the army this will all go away ........ well no it won't and the stress builds up .. British army reserve Royal Corps of Signals.. i wonder how many others made that mistake ?
    Ummm . . . that would be me! I was just sure that the US Army would make me "normal". It didn't . . .

Just another 'Gurl'
    KirstyChibiMoon

Dude I was in Italy from 95-98.
    Last edited by Sandra; 09-16-2007 at 09:56 AM. Reason: know need to quote whole post for one line answer
    Just another man in a dress

WARNING I Have not spoke of the reason I was scared that someone at work would turn me in or tell someone else at work. But that Could be it. Do not tell anyone you do CD if you are in the military or work for the military.. When we say you never know who is seeing listing looking. I spent time in the military and one thing the military just like the goverment does they spy on YOU!!!! DO NOT ADMIT TO ANYTHING EVER!

Yeah, if you value your job, then do everything possible to keep it a secret. That doesn't necesarilly mean everyone in the military is out to get you. Most people probably wouldn't be bothered by it, but there are those few immature people that will make a huge deal out of it. As a result superiors will fear that it'll cause more trouble amongst fellow servicemembers and they'll definatley feel more obligated to do "something" about it. If you don't plan on making the military a career, just try to wait until your term is up, then you'll be free do whatever you please.

It is interesting that the military allows tattoos, but if you get caught wearing pantyhose, you are toast. Why?
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie001 View Post
    It is interesting that the military allows tattoos, but if you get caught wearing pantyhose, you are toast. Why?

I am inclined to think there was a bit more to the story than the person was caught wearing pantyhose.. Unless they were wearing nothing else.

CDing while on active duty can be done. Like I said, I did it and when the Air Force found out about it, there was not repurcussions against me, I was sent overseas to Desert Storm and received an honorable discharge when I got back in late 1991.

Kandis
    Someone once told me "Put on Your big girl panties and deal with it". If they only knew, I WAS ALREADY WEARING THEM.

I wear the bras and panties so my wife doesn't have to.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Thank you for all of your replies.

dancin
    `

They DON'Tallow tattoos

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie001 View Post
    Actually, uinless that has changed since I got out in 95, the US Army doesn't allow tattoos. Let me rephrase that, they do not allow you to get them. If you already had one that's OK. Ok, so thats the policy - the reality is everyone looks the other way.

Too bad they don't look the other way regarding crossdressing. I guess it has to do with having to maintain the macho image.

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    Actually, uinless that has changed since I got out in 95, the US Army doesn't allow tattoos. Let me rephrase that, they do not allow you to get them. If you already had one that's OK. Ok, so thats the policy - the reality is everyone looks the other way.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

Well when I was in the AF I never wore "regulation" underwear, but unfortunately not panties. I did wear mens lingerie( if it can be called that) thongs, bikinis, g-strings. Even when at work in the field for 3 days I wore bikinis. Never had any problems.

Kymmie

I was on active duty and the reserves for 10 years. I dressed every now and then in my room in the barracks. That was until I had a room mate. I think CDing would fall under the don't ask don't tell policy.
    Man! I feel like a woman!

Quote Originally Posted by KandisTX View Post
    I am inclined to think there was a bit more to the story than the person was caught wearing pantyhose.. Unless they were wearing nothing else.

CDing while on active duty can be done. Like I said, I did it and when the Air Force found out about it, there was not repurcussions against me, I was sent overseas to Desert Storm and received an honorable discharge when I got back in late 1991.

Kandis
    That was 24 years ago. I have nothing to hide now. I was wearing pantyhose under men's shorts and nothing else fem. I was taken to the hospital for an exam so they could shove me right into the shrink's office.

i spent 20 years in the navy in a career field that let's just say would not have been to happy about my CD'ing. i indulged when i could, but never, NEVER wore anything under my uniform.
    Jonnie XOXO

i just got out of the marines i did it behind closed doors and im sure i would have been discharged or charged under the ucmj just before i deployed to iraq we had a marine in my unit get into a little truble and when we went threw his things to send them home we found out that not only cd but he did a lot of crazy things with some crazy looking objects (ill leave it at that) when he was getting a bad conduct discharge his private life was menchond as part of the reason for being discharged

this all took part in 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Lawren View Post
    That was 24 years ago. I have nothing to hide now. I was wearing pantyhose under men's shorts and nothing else fem. I was taken to the hospital for an exam so they could shove me right into the shrink's office.

And that was why you were arrested. Wearing them under mens shorts, visible to the public. I'm not saying you were wrong, I'm saying that there had to have been a reason for it. I know when I was questioned as I posted earlier, they interrogated me for a few hours trying to find something that could/would warrant a courts martial and then dishonorable. They couldn't do it, so they had to allow me to fill my term and they just "barred" me from re-enlistment. ~shrug~ Oh well.. their loss

Kandis
    Someone once told me "Put on Your big girl panties and deal with it". If they only knew, I WAS ALREADY WEARING THEM.

I wear the bras and panties so my wife doesn't have to.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Scoop

Quote Originally Posted by dancinginthedark View Post
    I also found this link to the The Servicemembers Legal Defense Network that may be of help to any who are currently enlisted in the States.

http://www.sldn.org/templates/legalh...=19&record=726
    OK, so far that is the best info, I've seen posted. Since I just retired from the Marine Corps, cross/underdressed all that time, (20+years) I'll try to shed some light on this.

The article mainly addresses transitioning, but does briefly mention cross dressing. The rules vary by service, so I can only state what I experienced, but the other services should be similar.

The key is being cautious, very cautious.

I will start be saying that I did it on base, yes one base! Many a time, I went to work underdressed, you just have to know what the plan of the day is. Have to be aware of things like when the gas chamber is, what they are doing for PT etc. Never worried about inspections much, as they don't examine what you have on underneath. The only exception, might be what we call a "junk on the bunk" where you have everything you were issued on display, and they may check for markings on your undershirts and skivies(underwear), but those were rare and always advertised well in advance, as a commander never wanted to fail one of those.

Now, for the full cross dressing, you might be able to get by with that on base if you were single and you had a single room, but most have 2 - 3 to a room, so it would be a bit harder. Living in the on-base housing was different, I could do that all the time (well as long as the wife and kids weren't around)!

I was afraid of getting caught, but not discharged. The key is your performance, if you're constantly getting into trouble and can't keep up, then they look for any reason to get rid of you. On the other hand, if you can perform and keep up, no one ever looks for anything. As the article stated, they can always use the "conduct unbecoming" or the "general" articles of the UCMJ, but the key there is "cause" they have to have something else to go along with it. So again, the key is to stay out of trouble and do your job and no one ever has to know what color your panties are.

Well, hope that helps.
    Jocelyne

Never having been in the military, I find this to be an interesting thread and am trying to understand that rationale for disallowing any type of crossdressing. I am also aware that crossdressing is no longer considered to be a psychological illness in regard to obtaining a security clearance as long as you are honest about it. So why does the military seem to have a different view on crossdressing? Do they still believe that everyone that crossdresses is a homosexual? For that matter, why do they care if a person is homosexual as long as they don't make advances toward anyone that is in the military? Isn't there a rule regarding that anyway?

They make your wig fit easier first thing when you get there !

US Army (Ret)

I was US Army from 1984 - 2004. First four years during college. There is no doubt that being outed would have ended my career. I was a closet crossdresser the whole time. I think I wore pantyhose under my uniform 90% of the time and sometimes more. In the winter I'd wear leotards, camisoles or body stockings.

Fortunately for me, I never had to give an article 15 for any crossdressing type behavior. I'm not certain I could have kept a straight face.

Now I wear frilly things under my work clothes...

I have a story for you when I was in the Marines. A gurl got caught in womens clothes. they took her to the sgtmajor. he looks her up and down notices thatshe is wearing flats, and says
    why are you not wearing high heels. and told him that they hurt
    her feet. then the MP.s took him to the main side macdonlds took off her wig in the resturant, with him cuffed and had lunch

rAiNbOw_BaLlErInA KirstyChibiMoon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    Off duty, you are in a VERY grey area. I don't claim to be an expert on military law, but I do not think crossdressing is specifically addressed or prohibited. There are a number of other regulations that could be used against you IF someone wanted to push hard enough. Most of them would boil down to "Conduct Unbecoming of . . ", undesirable, unfit, etc.
    I doubt very much any unit would tolerate someone doing it openly and repeatedly, like walking through the barracks every weekend in drag on your way out for a good time. In this case, even if they liked and respected you, I think most would feel obligated to process you out. All it would take is one close mided individual to be offended and push the issue
    If you were not too blatant and were discreet, for instance people may know you do it but they don't see you, or someone catches you once, then it really does boil down to your chain of command. If they want to, I have zero doubt they can use it to get rid of you. If they like and respect you and your work ethic, they might be inclined to overlook it.
    hmmm well thats odd...
    i never had any warnings or investigations taken out on me while i served... and i have a top secret clearance too...
    of course i was in a pansy aviation unit so maybe that doesnt count <giggles>
    C R Y S T A L T W I N K L E Y E L L !
    < < < < < deep curtsey > > > > >
    K i r s t e n C h i b i u s a M o o n
    Kirsty's Home Page

Pedal Steel Guitar Player Patricia Danielle's Avatar
    I think it sucks! Here we fight for rights and freedom of choice but in the military you have none. Whats wrong with this picture? Patricia..
    I have COFFEE life is good!!

Have you ever looked in the mirror and realized the lights are on, but nobodys home?

Lifes not mesured by how many breaths we take, but rather by how many moments take out breaths away!

I've learned that artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

I do not know of any policy in the South African Defence force. Anyway there was an article that appeared in the Military mag concerning pantyhose to be issued to all troops as it is cold at night when they are on guard duty etc, the problem was that a colour could not be decided on, this is fact around 1980 I think. I do know of a transsexual that transitioned while serving and she is still working for the defence force but as a civilian now. That is support.
    I served for my time some years ago, and there was often anti gay attitudes around camp...Cover ups for those who were uncertain of their own sexuality...During basic ther were two gay fellows in the barricks that i know of but they were "deep undercover"...no found out as far as I know.

I served too, in the time of don't ask, don't tell. My sergeant told me that in one of his former units, they had an inspection and found a soldier's CD stash. They razzed him but left him in the service. I just wore hose to keep warm on guard duty in the winter.

Transgender Warriors, Personnae Non Grata

[SIZE=3]http://www.holtesq.com/military.htm[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]TRANSGENDER WARRIORS, PERSONNAE NON GRATA:[/SIZE] [SIZE=3]AN OVERVIEW

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]USA uniform regulations. Please use with caution.

[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]United States Navy Uniform Regulations can be accessed at this site or downloaded as a self-extracting zip file.

[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]http://buperscd.technology.navy.mil/.../uregMenu.html

[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]United States Army Uniform regulations available as an Adobe file here:

[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]http://www.usapa.army.mil/pdffiles/r670_1.pdf

[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]United States Marines Uniform regulations and all updates are available here:

[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]http://www.marcorsyscom.usmc.mil/sites/mcub/

[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]United States Air Force Uniform regulations

[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]http://www.e-publishing.af.mil/share...afi36-2903.pdf

[/SIZE]