Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Military and the Crossdresser

Crossdressing/Transitioning

Wow, dancinginthedark you are good. I have heard many of my Marines tell me they didn't know where to find the uniform regulations, but you found them for all the services.

There are two issues, crossdressing, which is actually easier to do, now at leas, and then there's the transitioning which is where the tough battles come in.
    In all those regulations, they don't really specify much detal on what type of under garments they have to be. For most it just uses generic terms, like briefs, boxers, crew-neck or v-neck and the colors white, black, brown or neutral. So If one wanted to, they could go to Victoria's Secret, buy some white briefs and a white crew-neck, marked them properly then technically there is nothing that could be done. Now of course they may try and send you to see a psychiatrist at that point. (I can provide some insight on how to safely do that in the Military latter if needed).
    Transitioning on the other hand is much more complex, and the hardest thing to overcome, is that "technically" they look at ones body similar to how they look at "government property". An example would be that if I go to the beach and get a sever sunburn, the first time or two, they might might not say anything, but if I constantly am getting severely sunburned at the beach, then they probably will charge me with something as it will likely be taken as willful damage. Transitioning will most likely be taken the same way, in that one is willfully doing something that affects and prevents them from doing their duty for an extended period of time.
    So, cross dressing isn't really that difficult, if approached smartly, but unfortunately, the military just hasn't quite warmed up to transitioning yet.
    ♥♀ ♀♥

Do you think that that world will ever be progressive enough that the military would allow males to wear female uniforms if they would like? The problem is that the military is the core of the macho-boy mentality! If they ever drop the macho crap then maybe crossdressing will be tolerated. What does everyone think?
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

I was in the AF for 25 years. I did occasionally underdress with pantyhose under my flightsuit, when it was cold and I knew I would be in the office all day.

I just thought I would throw out something that might give you a laugh. When I was a flight instructor, and the AF was just starting to get women pilots, they changed the uniform regulation to require that all underwear had to be cotton only, because of the fire hazard of nylon. My female students complained how difficult it was to find cotton only bras, and how they didn't fit right. I just wondered who was supposed to inspect to ensure that they were wearing the appropriate type of underwear. The regulation lasted about a year or two then disappeared. LOL.

Jaydee

I read once that right after they started allowing women into Service Acadecies, the regulation stated that all cadets would wear slacks. Then when one of the first Cadet dances came along, the higher ups did not like seeing what looked like two male cadets dancing close together. So the regs were changed to allow female cadets to wear skirts at the dances.

Jocelyne qutoed:

in that one is willfully doing something that affects and prevents them from doing their duty for an extended period of time.
    That was why many years ago, if a female service member got Pregnant, she had to leave military service. This was challanged and now they even have military Maturity clothing.

1985 was the year I was caught. I served on subs. They gave me a choice of counceling and going to the surface fleet or an honorable discharge. My JA, Judge Advocate, for those who didn't know thought this was the best idea she had ever seen to have people which didn't want to be in the service be discharged with honor. I started wearing 24/7 after that. The only sad thing was I had a pair of black bikini panties with a mesh front. You would pay about 50+ dollars for them. They had the comed nylon gusset VF used to have. The most comfortable pair of panties I have ever had. I lost them in the move home. I know someone who cleaned the hotel room kept them. I hope she had many nights of great sex.

New Navy Policy

I just got couseling as part of the reenlistment proccess and was unaware of the policy as it was explained to me. But the Navy has a policy for discharging a member for homosexual acts only after being caught in the act not once but twice. I was flabergasted. Who knew? I brought up the crossdressing issue and the Navy has no policy on this as long as you are in uniform, you must wear uniform items, excluding underwear. This means you can wear panties as long as they are undetectable in uniform.

Cding

I just brought it up causualy to a good friend about a 3rd party that had been caught stealing womens panties which is a totaly another issue. But he was wearing them, he was discharged for the theft not the crossdressing. It wasn't even an issue. So I asked, (as a supervisor I need to know) Grin. What the policy on cding is. And I got the above answer.

Served 16 years in the army,a fact im really proud of.Having to show my male bravado has probably helped my en femme side too.Love.Claire.XXX
    Claire en femme,smart,casual and sexy!