Thread: Should I, or shouldn't I?

Should I, or shouldn't I?

Next week I go Stateside for a fortnight (Connecticut).
    I have been told that I am to take no lingerie, skirts etc. My SO has even been out and bought me some boxers, yuk!! Not owned a pair of those in years.
    My dilemma is should I sneak a chemise or some thing small into my case? A girl needs a little comfort in bed.
    She is worried about my clothes being discovered whilst travelling, which i suppose is fair enough, but there's no way I can go so long without my creature comforts.
    What are your thoughts on travelling with a case full of your favourite girly stuff?
    Jenny
    If the skirt fits, wear it

Support our economy and buy something while you're here.

Wink

I would honor her request. It's not for long and doing as she askes may pay dividends for you in the future.

Yes when you get here go shopping . is your so coming ? if yes why can't she put a few outfits in her case ? , i think you so is over reacting you will be fine and you get to dress in thr good old U.S.A , how cool is that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Me, Myself & Rachael Rachaelb64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LaurenS. View Post
    I would honor her request. It's not for long and doing as she askes may pay dividends for you in the future.
    I would tend to agree with this, two weeks is not alot to ask, and the rewards might outwiegh the inconvenience

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar

should I or shouldn't I?

Two weeks is a lifetime, my God girl what are you to do? Just kidding! Don't sneak anything in for the trip, if you can't be honest about it then your in deep trouble. Let your SO know how you feel and strike a comprimise if possible and in worst case scenario give her everything she wants and you'll be thankful in the long run. I speak from experience as I went on a trip and surprised my wife by wearing a bra under my suit jacket and she found me out and was really mad, it wasn't worth it in the long run, believe me.

Well my thoughts are...Who is going to discover and who cares if they do? If you don't care about anyone seeing your things....I mean even if someone were to discover your things, I'm sure (unless you tell) your wife, friends, family, or anyone in the UK for that matter will find out.

Respect her wishes if you feel it's best, but I don't see a problem with bringing a few things.

Thankyou for your responses, I have spoken with the SO and have chosen to respect her wishes. I can however take one nightie.

Some good advice so far. I have flown with a minimum CD kit, ie, self adhesive forms, one wig, one bra, one pair of shoes, etc. in my luggage, no problem. (I did wonder if the forms might look like plastic explosive on X-ray, however) I would really avoid wearing anything while flying though, because with the new security (f***ing terrorists!!!) you never know what to expect. If you are flying alone, I don't see the problem. If other colleagues or your SO will travelling as well, that is a different story. I agree with the majority, don't deeive your SO, don't take anything with you, shop in the States, and take it home with you. w.

Honor the SO's wishes. Have her put your nightie in her suitcase. She might let you take a bra and panties as well if you wait a bit and ask her just before you leave; she might carry the goods for you.

I totally agree that your SO s wishes are paramount the only thing I dont get is why she would think:
    1 anyone would look
    2 anyone would care

Anyway have a good trip to be honest she should have stuck to her guns tho, sometimes no means no !!!!

Honor her wishes

Honor her wishes.

That being said, realize that the truth is TSA (Thousands Standing Around) employees come across some very strange things, a few femme items would be the least of it. These people do not know you, probably do not care. If they do care or comment, so what? They are not your friends or family and probably don' know anyone you do, they are unlikely to be able to out you.

I once had purchased a pair of stockings and garter belt on a trip, carried on my baggage. As my bag went through x-ray the TSA employee thought she saw something (a lighter), when they searched my bag they pulled the stockings and Garter out looking for the lighter and the guy searching it looked at me funny. I looked him right in the eye and said "I would have worn them but they really don't go with my outfit." He was far more embarrassed than I was, the look on his face was priceless.

So I would honor her wishes, when you get back though you might talk to her about the concern of Security coming across Femme stuff is very inconsequential.

I would have a discussion with her on why she is nervous about you travelling with some things. If she feels strongly enough about it you need to honour her request but I think if you talk about it you may be able to aleviate her concerns.

Mercedes

P.S. My wife encourages me to take something because then she won't have me doing it at home.

as told

Do as your SO asks but my SO and I frequently pack each others clothing in whatever case space is available. Not my stuff, SO doesn't know, but her stuff, no problem, vis-a-vis security folks.

In the paved over air-conditioned desert.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaurenS. View Post
    This seems the best policy, but I do want to say ~gently~ that her fears and request for complete abstinence seems a bit out of proportion. (not knowing your situation and her comfort level at home of course I can't say)

Quote Originally Posted by SANDRA MICHELLE View Post
    Two weeks is a lifetime, my God girl what are you to do? Just kidding! Don't sneak anything in for the trip, if you can't be honest about it then your in deep trouble. Let your SO know how you feel and strike a comprimise if possible and in worst case scenario give her everything she wants and you'll be thankful in the long run. I speak from experience as I went on a trip and surprised my wife by wearing a bra under my suit jacket and she found me out and was really mad, it wasn't worth it in the long run, believe me.
    Surprises and secrets found out are not a good thing. Compromise is the and as I read further, I found you had done just that:

Quote Originally Posted by jennylou View Post
    Thank you for your responses, I have spoken with the SO and have chosen to respect her wishes. I can however take one nightie.
    Good compromise!

I wonder though, why she thinks anyone looking through luggage of a man and a woman traveling together would assume the panties are yours? ~wondering~
    Vincent Vega: Well, I confess that I wait to talk, but I am trying to learn to listen. (paraphrased)

Barbara's Blog

I will not give you any advice but I will make some predictions based on my experience.
    You will go without your stuff in your luggage. You will resist THE URGE heroically. A few hours, maybe a few days. After that, you will end up shopping. Not for more boxers. It's great to shop in a city where nobody knows you

(BTW, the stuff you will buy there can be mailed home to avoid having it in your luggage.)

Should I or not

Quote Originally Posted by jennylou View Post
    Next week I go Stateside for a fortnight (Connecticut).
    I have been told that I am to take no lingerie, skirts etc. My SO has even been out and bought me some boxers, yuk!! Not owned a pair of those in years.
    My dilemma is should I sneak a chemise or some thing small into my case? A girl needs a little comfort in bed.
    She is worried about my clothes being discovered whilst travelling, which i suppose is fair enough, but there's no way I can go so long without my creature comforts.
    What are your thoughts on travelling with a case full of your favourite girly stuff?
    Jenny
    If your worried that some one at the airport sees them, put a nice little card in your suitcase and say happy birthday Jennylou, just think when you get to the states you have a birth day present to open, Charolette

i travel for a living and have had few problems. thankfully in the most part for the indolent TSA processes of most major domestic airports.

ironically, my bag got lost yesterday and i was very concerned because it had my favorite two pairs of pumps and several new girdles in it, not to mention several pairs of vintage nylons. thankfully delta managed to find it and deliver it to me around 1:00 am this morning!!!

so after several panic attacks all was well! i say take your things!! i never travel without mine!!!!!!
    Jonnie XOXO

The best person for this mission is KARREN. She goes everywhere and dresses. I don't think anybody has look for her cloths and if they did they won't know her if they saw her out. So go for it.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

state side

we just got back from usa so brought me 4 skirts ,6 tops ,3dresses,2 pairs of shoes and under wear as well its so much chepper and no body bothed who was buying what as long as money was going in tills

Well being allowed to take 1 nightie is better than no femme attire as your SO said at first, she has given some leeway there so yes you should respect her wishes and I am glad to see you say you are doing so. Enjoy your trip.

Alternative?????

How about this, wear you best and favorite panties and also take three or four more pair along also but ask the SO if she would mind, see her reaction and then be guided by her response. Good Luck btw and enjoy your trip!!!!

Mollyanne
    "To thine own self be true"

Thanks for all your replies.
    Firstly, I'll be travelling alone as its a business trip.
    Secondly, the really dumb part on my behalf. During the middle weekend I am travelling down to Philly to visit my sister and her husband. Doh.
    I dont think that she'll be best pleased if I turn up with my fanciest lingerie as she has offered to do my washing to save on the amount of stuff I need to take.
    Jeez, talk about not being able to put 2+2 together.
    Maybe I'll get some shopping in during the second week, prior to coming home.
    Jenny

with the dollar sterling exchange rate as it is, buy, buy, buy. Alternatively leave it in Northern Rock

For what it's worth, I recently travelled across the Atlantic and just HAD to bring a couple of items in my suitcase. They may not see the light of day but being without them seemed like it would be a challenge!