Thread: My SCC highlight

Smile My SCC highlight

Hello everyone!

Well, I'm just now getting all my thoughts together and managing to writing them all down.
    As some of you know, I love to share my experiences so I'm sure I could write an entire book on my SCC experience.
    I have so many highlights, but one of my favorites was on Thursday night.

There was no dinner on the SCC schedule, so me and a few girls (Tammi, Roberta, and Lea) decided to go out for dinner since the hotel's restaurants were, closed?
    At first, we weren't sure where we were going to eat, but we heard that a other Tgirls were going to a restaurant called Wildfire, just across the way, so we thought we'd check it out.
    After the afternoon sessions, we all went back to our rooms and changed into out "night out" dresses and outfits (see attached) and then met up at the hotel lobby to ride the shuttle bus.

Once we got to Wildfire, I was impressed with the establishment. The hostess was very courteous and the place was very nice. It was a dimmly lit casual dining style restaurant and the cuisine was a variety of steak, poultry, chops, and seafood.
    The place was relatively busy, but we were immediately able to get a booth table in the corner of a large area in the back of the restaurant. As we walked to our table, we passed many customers already dining at their tables and nobody seemed to pay attention to us.
    Once we sat down, our waitress kindly greeted us and took our drink orders.

While we waited for her to return, we looked at the menus, talked about how are day was and what we've done so far. We also talked about how much we were enjoying the conference and the people we've met.
    As I was sitting among my new friends, it finally hit me. All that I've practiced (i.e. mannerisms, presentation, personality, confidence, etc, etc.) up to this point have finally come to fruition.
    There was this tingling feeling once I realized that I have arrived and felt what its like to be a real woman.
    I couldn't stop smiling as we ate and enjoyed our little girls night out.

Once we were done with dinner, we went back to the hotel to get ready for the social event of the evening, Twinkledome. The event theme was "Rock of Ages" so it was a time to express yourself however you wanted to be. You can be goth, a rock star, new wave, punk, etc, etc. or anything that you chose to be and later on they would have a costume contest.

After we got back to the hotel, we all went back to our rooms to change. As soon as I got back to my room, I was very excited because this was the first time for me to be a little on my wild side. The costume I chose was a sexy school girl outfit and I couldn't wait to put in on.
    Once I got dressed, I met up with my girlfriends to take some pictures before heading out. As we were taking pictures, I was impressed at how pretty and sexy everyone looked. We were all having a great time posing for pictures and after we were done, we headed out.

Once we got to the ballroom music playing and there were lots and lots of Tgirls dancing and having a great time. I couldn't wait to get out there so once the next song began to play, me and Tammi and Lea went out on the floor and danced.
    Now, I had some practice dancing as a girl and so I did my best to shake my thing and move to the rhythm of the beat.
    They played song after song and so we kept dancing and dancing, and after awhile, the music stopped and it was announced that they will be starting the costume contest.

There was no formal entry so for anyone who wanted to participate all they had to do was line up on side near the dance floor stage.
    Now, I had never done anything like this before, because in guy mode I'm generally a shy guy, but I figured I'd just let go and have fun with it so I lined up with about 15 other contestants.
    The lovely MC would then call up one person up to the dance floor and there she would ask for each person's name and what their costume is. After that, she would have them do at little strut and then wait on the side.

Again this was the first time I had worn any kind of sexy costume, especially a school girl outfit, and so being in front of large group of people had my heart racing at 1000 beats a minute.
    Once I got called up, I walked over to the MC, introduced myself, and strutted my stuff.
    As I was doing my thing, I felt a sudden rush of excitement. It was such an amazing feeling to be in front of a large crowd and hearing them applaud, cheer, and whistle.
    After the all the contestants were introducted, they paused for a few minutes while the judge made her decisions. For me, it was hard to pick the best costume because everyone looked really great.
    Once the judge was done, they announced the three winners.
    Unfortunately, I didn't win, but I had a great time being up in front of everyone.
    When everything was over, they went right back to playing music and so me and the girls went right back to dancing and shaking our things.

As things were starting to wrap up, we all decided to call it a night so we gathered up our stuff, said goodbye, and head out. Even though my feet acking after doing all that dancing, I had such a wonderful time. Being able to dress up in a sexy costume, open up, and go in front of a large crowd was so exciting that I didn't want this amazing night to end.

As I was riding the elevator, I started to think back on how much I really enjoyed the whole day.
    Earlier, I went to some really great seminars, went to some predinner social events, met new Tgirls, ate dinner with my new girl friends, danced, and entered in a costume contest.
    What made it even more special is that, every now then, I would get a compliment on how lovely I looked or how cute my outfit was and to hear that was such a gratifying feeling.

Again, that was just one of several of my highlights of SCC, but that had to rank up there near the top of my list.
    If the opportunity ever comes up, I think everyone (closet or out) should go to this at least once in their lifetime because its a GREAT time!

Hugs!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by joann07; 09-18-2007 at 05:57 PM.
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

Emerging butterfly...
    Awesome Joann, thanks for sharing a bit of the magic with us!
    I'm glad you soaked it up & enjoyed it so thoroughly. God, it must feel so good to be there that it's hard to leave.
    If you don't see me there next year, then come raid my closet...
    ...'cause I must be dead!!

Envious Hugz,

Veronica

Way to go, Joann, you're a wonderful gurl, and I'm so happy that yo had a good time.
    Warm Hugs From You "Sister",
    Brianna
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Joann,

Thanks for the great detailed story. I'll have to live vicariously through you.

Colleen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Feeling pretty on the inside.

Joann you were wonderful! I have been thinking about how to explain the feeling that came over me. I can describe it as .....empowering!

Well girl ,
    You let the genie out of the bottle and you will NEVER put her back ![lol]
    I was there also and it was a great event! hugs, Wendi R

Joann, you post a lot of different pictures out here but the one at the top of this thread is amazing. The colors look great on you and you seem sooo incredibly comfortable with yourself. Love it!
    Kristen

I live in Royal Oak, a suberb of Detroit Michigan.
    I didn't make it to the Twinkledome. Sounds like fun. I did go to the seminars. I did get over fed at the five meals that they did serve. I don't know why they don't serve a meal on Thursday night. I think they expect us to go out and embrace Atlanta. And that's just what you did. Did you go to any of the other late night parties? They had organized events to 3 and 4 in the morning.

girl next door
    And let me tell you all, she really did look cute in that schoolgirl outfit - and all weekend long as well!!

I'm so happy to have shared that (and other) experiences with you Joanne. It's lovely to have made such a good friend at such a special event. I'll remember this fondly for a very long time.

Thanx for posting.

Tammi
    [SIZE="3"]
    my wish for you is peace
    [/SIZE]

lo·gom·a·chy /loʊˈgɒməki/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[loh-gom-uh-kee] –noun, plural -chies.
    1. a dispute about or concerning words.
    2. an argument or debate marked by the reckless or incorrect use of words; meaningless battle of words

I agree with Tammi, Not only was Joann cute in that great school girl outfit, her wardrobe for the whole weekend was fantastic.

It's no wonder your feet hurt I don't think you, Tammi or Lea sat down anytime the music was playing the whole weekend.

What a fun bunch of girls to be with. It will be great if we can all get together again sometime. Maybe next SCC if not sooner.

Thanks for sharing the weekend with us...well done felt like I was right there with you....sounds like you had an amazing weekend.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Joann you were a naughty hotie thursday night. I got a great pic of us in our similar plaid skirts. I look forward to next year.

Smile

Hello everyone and thank you for your lovely lovely comments.
    It always means a lot to me when I hear such nice words from fellow sisters like yourselves.

SCC was truely the best time.
    I am so happy to share my experience with you and I hope that you will someday be able to attend this event if you've never been.

Tammi, Roberta, and Kandi,

You all are really sweet I'm glad I got to meet you lovely ladies in person.
    I had a such a great time hanging with you at the lunches, the dinners, and at the various social events. You all helped make my first SCC a memorable one.
    For those of you who were there, but I didn't get to meet, I hope that I'll get to see you the next SCC or another event in the near future.

Thank you again everyone.

Hugs!
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

joann

very cool story and i'm really happy you had a great time

i like to post my "adventures" too and i know its fun to relive your happiness through the forum and the feedback..

the conferences are loads of fun and i recommend them highly to all the girls, there is nothing like getting out and feeling comfortable and safe and just letting yourself go!

michele

Short Skirts & Long Legs
    If this year was any thing like it was two years ago, I was wonderful...

My wife and I are making plans now to attend next year...hopefully as a retirement get away...

I'm sure that all who have been would highly recommend going...Educational, and an oppurtunity to meet anf make lots of new friends...