Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jewelry info and questions

Jewelry info and questions

Hello….. I’m a jewelry designer and I’ve been given permission to post a message here on your forum.

Let me start by saying that I’m not here to advertise my business – in fact, I won’t even tell you my company’s name!

To give you a little history – I sell jewelry on the internet and was recently asked by a few male customer to make some of my earring designs in clip styles – for them to wear. They loved them and came back for more.

After that I started to look into jewelry for crossdressers and thought most of what was being shown was junky – at least not as special as it should be. Every lady knows that jewelry is the finishing touch on a great outfit!

I specialize in glamorous, dramatic jewelry – (easily convertible to clip styles) dangle earrings with stones and necklaces with extender chains. All high quality fashion jewelry.

I’m interested in knowing what kinds of jewelry, earrings and necklaces you are interested in and any thoughts on this issue. I’d assume discrete shipping /packaging is a must, correct?

Thank you for any information or ideas you have for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelry Designer View Post
    I’m interested in knowing what kinds of jewelry, earrings and necklaces you are interested in and any thoughts on this issue. I’d assume discrete shipping /packaging is a must, correct?
    Cheap! I have always admired Victorian styles of necklaces, rubys, diamonds and pearls, Oh My! Longer styles of earrings are my fave, but they have to be clip on.

Yes clip ons are a must my dear. I love the look of real pearls and all so opals. Dangly earrings are my very fav look. I also love the victorian look of velevet chokers. My wife knows still i would prefer discret packaging. It is a dont ask situation anymore after 5 years of ok we are now at not so okay status. Sad but i must be discret agian. Its onlly fair to my dear wife.

Zelda

I love pretty dangling earrings!
    Silver anklets with heart star and fairy charms are a must too!

Earrings are not a problem for me as I haved pierced ears and a wife that accepts my wearing earrings 7/24. I do have trouble finding necklaces that are large enough to wera ourside my dresses and blouses, with matched braclets. At some point give us a web address to check out.

I have no problem myself but some of the gurls have 17" , 18" or larger necks and wrist to match they find hard to get something nice that doesn't cost a arm and a leg to get.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

I second the vote for things like bangle bracelets that will fit over the male wrist. And neck chains in longer lengths. Clip on earrings too. Discreet packaging is not important to me, but it may be for some.

I like large hoops on fish hook hangers
    Angie

Here's another Idea, offering the dangle earrings with either clip-ons or fish hooks for those of us with pierced ears. I know how simple that is, I modify earrings for my own use, usually by changing the design, but it's easy enough to put hooks on a clip-on if it's a dangle, or the other way, of course.
    I also agree that larger bracelets would be a good idea.
    "I see your true colors shining through, your true colors, and that's why I love you,
    so don't be afraid to let them show, your true colors, true colors are beautiful, like a rainbow"

"Without change,something sleeps deep inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken!"[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My ears are pierced but I'm a dangler ear ring junky. I would really like to see size 13-14 rings in girl styles (esp with the color gemstones) because this size 8-9 stuff is getting pretty old. I did buy some size 11 on a internet search for "large rings" but the choices were limited and even that was tight on the other finger . Also nice looking toe rings that don't have to be stretched to breaking or are prone to fall off (lost another today LOL.) I'm tired of extra oiling my hand each day to force my much admired bracelet collection on and reoiling at night to get them off. It hurts too darn it. Necklace length is no problem, just buy longer or shorter chains. Be sure to attach a magnetic latch...it's sooo much easier on/off. Watchbands might be a good thought although I only buy those with link clasps and have been know to buy another just for the links. I now have like 10 watches and lots of interchangable links. A whole line of T-Girl jewelry would be a great money maker and there are plenty to buy it judging by the membership seen just on this site.

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    I agree as far as larger neck and wrist jewelry, even watches. I have two piecings in each ear so earings are not an issue with me. I just use my wifes or she buys really nice one for me. Of course cost is always an issue.
    Drumming, My other hobby

Great Info....thanks!!!!

Thank you for the replies and wonderful information.

The bangle bracelets might be difficult for me because they have to be formed on a machine - but linked bracelets in larger sizes are VERY easy to accomodate!

I also have quality necklace extenders - I think that may be very useful, along with my own longer version necklaces!

As for earring styles - how interested are you in every day styles (basic)- or more willing to purchase something more glamorous and fashionable?

One thing I found is with long nails, I have a hard time opening and connecting the little clasps on my neckless. Then one Tri-Ess meeting we had a guy come in that makes jewlery and he showed us a magntic clasp for necklesses, braclets, and ear rings. I think it would be wonderful if you could include this type of clasp on your neckless, ear rings, and braclets, or at least sale a addon product.

I love clipon's... have over 50 and counting. Some custome made by a friend but mostly vintage or antique and some newer dangly ones too.. But great idea!!!

My collection - http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1238/...176188f725.jpg

Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I love clipon's... have over 50 and counting. Some custome made by a friend but mostly vintage or antique and some newer dangly ones too.. But great idea!!!

My collection - http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1238/...176188f725.jpg

Karren
    Very nice collection of earrings Karen! I'm thinking of packaging the items in a nice pouch so you'd have something pretty to store the jewelry in - would this be helpful?

Bracelets. I have a size 7 & 1/2 wrist.

like others have mentioned, I would LOVE a greater selection of clip-on earrings AND bigger bracelets!
    When can we expect them??

Quote Originally Posted by kathrynt21 View Post
    like others have mentioned, I would LOVE a greater selection of clip-on earrings AND bigger bracelets!
    When can we expect them??
    First, let me say that I'm glad to see that there is a need for what I plan on offering! As for earrings - they are the easiest to get going ASAP - bracelets are made a different way and the tooling takes big $ to make the larger sizes but the link bracelets will be easier!

I'm working on a new store name - maybe Finishing Touches - Jewelryfor the Women in all of us Like it?!

Hopefully I can have a new internet store up and running within a month!

Quote Originally Posted by JoAnnDallas View Post
    One thing I found is with long nails, I have a hard time opening and connecting the little clasps on my neckless. Then one Tri-Ess meeting we had a guy come in that makes jewlery and he showed us a magntic clasp for necklesses, braclets, and ear rings. I think it would be wonderful if you could include this type of clasp on your neckless, ear rings, and braclets, or at least sale a addon product.
    JoAnn, my wife purchased a whole set of magnetic add-on clasps from either HSN or QVC and they are a lifesaver. Well, a nail saver anyway! I'm not sure if they are available through stores, but you might do a google search for magnetic necklace clasps or something of the sort and see what you come up with. She had gotten them in a sizeable pack of a couple dozen I think. I add them to all my necklaces, it makes them much easier to handle. For the life of me, I don't know why they don't come like this in the first place!!

Short Skirts & Long Legs
    PM me, would love to discuss some custom designed jewerly if you make it...

I love chokers dont know why but there it is. Rings I prefere to be small and delicate. Earrings nothing too big usually dangly tho a clip on to peirced adaptor I am sure would do well

Quote Originally Posted by Marcie Sexton View Post
    PM me, would love to discuss some custom designed jewerly if you make it...
    Hello Marcie - I don't have the ability to PM right now. I'm not sure that customer jewelry is something I can address right now.
    Hopefully when the site is up and running, you'll find something there that you are looking for!!

As for the site - anyone care to help me come up with a name for my internet store? I'm looking for something fun and classy.

A name to go along with the moto - Jewelry for the Woman in all of us!

Thanks - everyone has been so wonderful!!!

Emerging butterfly...
    As for the site - anyone care to help me come up with a name for my internet store? I'm looking for something fun and classy.

A name to go along with the moto - Jewelry for the Woman in all of us!
    How about "Uni-Femme Jewelry"??

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica Fallon View Post
    How about "Uni-Femme Jewelry"??

Thanks Veronica...... maybe if we get a few more suggestions we can put up a pole to have everyone vote on the one they like best!

I'm sure the members here can come up with something better than me - right now the best I have is Jewelry for You. I know....

How about See Dee Fashions?