Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Things you collect....(for everyone to answer)

I collect comic books and have for more than 40 years.

I've been thinking deeply about this, I can't say I really collect something. Well maybe, ehm I keep the concerttickets from where I have been, I guess that counts?
    ~Deron~

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deron Diablo View Post
    I've been thinking deeply about this, I can't say I really collect something. Well maybe, ehm I keep the concerttickets from where I have been, I guess that counts?
    of course it counts Deron ...i didnt specify how large the scope could be on this subject because i wanted to see if anyone collected anything unusual
    Last edited by Kieron Andrew; 09-25-2007 at 01:52 PM.

I did collect Football / Soccer programmes , I had lots ( still got about 5,000 in my loft ready for e-bay ? )
    now I just save the ones from my fav footie team
    [SIZE="2"]Caz[/SIZE]

Not really manly but I am not ashamed of my Cabbage Patch Kid collection. I have been actively collecting since I got my first kid at age 10. I mostly collect the soft sculpted ones that are still being made in Cleveland, Georgia at Babyland. I am mostly into the boys. I have quite a large collection and they are pretty expensive. They are made by hand so a lot of craftsmanship goes into them. I actually have quite a few male friend collectors. Some of them are gay but there is one old guy who is 70 somthing years old and been happily married for 53 years. lol He is a hard core collector too!! Here is a link to Babyland's site. If you click on Original Handmade kids and then click on kids it will take you to pics of individual dolls up for adoption. I guess because I always wanted to be adopted into a different family as a kid I just really grew attached to the magic of the CPK. How you can adopt them. I am a proud daddy to a whole bunch of them.

http://cabbagepatchkids.com/

I collect music. All kinds of music. I have over 2000 cds at last count. I still don't have an iPod. I really need one. I collect books. I'm working on finishing up my Stephen King collection. I'm only missing a couple of books to get it up to date. Then there are the DVDs. I collect movies too.

I'm a mess. lol

Bronx, NY, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Galaxy, The Universe
    Books. Not a huge number of old ones, but I have a lot of books.

Gods. One is a Chinese grave guardian that's anywhere from 150 - 6,000 years old. I don't want to take him to the museum to check because I'm afraid there'll be an ethical obligation to return him to the Chinese people.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead

'Nother book hoarder here.

Short Skirts & Long Legs
    I have four major collections that I dabble in...

the first is sports cards, mostly baseball...some date back to when I was only 6 or 7...

the next is stamps...I collect postage stamps from all over the world, constantly looking for contacts that will purchase them for me...

the third is coins...althoughmost were given tome by my parents most date back prior to my birth in '54...such examples are the steel pennys minted during WWII...

The last is caps...I have about 500 of them, some dating back to my high school years when I played baseball, 69-73 and in college 73-77, not to mention my caps of my favorite MLB and NCAA caps...Mets, Dodgers, UCLA, WVU, Marshall, UK, Fresno State...

Oh yea lets not forget my all my makeup and girlie girl stuff, guess that makes five huh...

So I guess you could say I have a plate full...

In the paved over air-conditioned desert.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marla S View Post
    That's quite easy. I am a chemist, did some family research, discovered that one of my ancestors founded a company some 160 years ago together with a guy who became later one of the most prominent sugar chemists of his time.
    Started reading old chemistry books about sugar and got interested in this subject.
    Fascinating how the apple doesn't fall far from the tree..I thought about this after I looked at my list of jobs: I had a job as a bill collector. My Paternal Grandfather had started one of the first personal goods finance companies in the southwest. I worked as a welder/fitter for mostly ornamental iron. My entire Maternal grandpa's line were blacksmiths. My surname means barrelmaker and was anglicized from Kieffer. My maternal Grandma's line were made water barrels.

Quote Originally Posted by Tedi View Post
    I have no earthly idea what I'm going to do with 800 keys.
    Cntinueing the 'smithing' theme, when I sold real estate I was a bit of an amateur locksmith. I did a lot of re-keys, the old keys went in a bucket I must have 200 keys around. I like old locks more than old keys, but both are fun, best if they match!

As for me I collect Volkswagen small scale and full scale, OLD lincoln logs preferable from before J.L.Wright (Frank Lloyd Wrights son and the inventor of lincoln logs) sold out to (playschool?). I collect random unmatched chairs, preferably found on the side of the road and refinished. I used to collect stamps. I collect currency, prefer deuces, old bills. If newer I collect by serial number, palindromes, ladders, poker hands, zip code bills, etc etc. My favorite ones are exceedingly rare, they read the same upside down as right side up. I collect heels but thats kind of a new obsession, ties, rocks, old tools.
    Vincent Vega: Well, I confess that I wait to talk, but I am trying to learn to listen. (paraphrased)

Barbara's Blog

Oh I forgot one. Oil cans. I collect old and odd oil cans. OK so your not impressed. LoL

I collect

I collect racing die-cast cars, old currency,. and although not a collection per se I have for some reason a large amount of keys, not exactly sure why or where they have all come from maybe just old ones I have never thrown away.

Teddy bears... Posh ones
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

I seem to have a few mini collections, coins, keys, camaras, swords/bayonets, artillery shell case`s, bullets, fossils, stamps, and i expect a few more things that i have forgotten about .

Hi Kieron ...I collect records ..have quite a large collection that Ive aquired over the years from garage sales and thrift stores or just bought..have most the Beatles in stereo and mono $$$$$$$$...hendrix etc ..got a bit of money if I ever sold...and paid very little ...figuring Im around 800 Lp's and half that very collectable

Platinum Member
    firearms.... hunting and fishing things ....high heels....odd's and ends .... mostly odd ends.....

4 things. All of which are from world wide travels.

1. Shark carvings.
    2. Frog carvings of wood and stone.
    3. Masks. We have several walls covered with them.
    4. Baseball caps from every place I've dived in the world.

i collect wizard's and dragons have several dozen of each...........
    Holding a grudge is like letting someone live in your head rent free

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Video Games arcade classics and 8 bit Nintnedo primarily, ghost books, and shot glasses.

Old computers, computer books, and parts - I repair/rebuild ones for people who otherwise couldn't afford one;

Records and music CDs - have lots of 60s/70s vinyl, was record librarian for a college radio station, got the rejects from a couple of commercial stations for a year or so.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadeanne View Post
    Old computers, computer books, and parts - I repair/rebuild ones for people who otherwise couldn't afford one.
    dont fancy shipping one to the UK, do you?

Authentic Hawaiian shirts made of cotton only with tags that say they are made in Hawaii, or had one from Aruba, St Kitt, etc.

Old books, hardback. I have a hardback first edition Betty Crocker cookbook my Greatgrand left me, still has a pressed 4-leaf clover in it, and recipes on cards hand written in her handwriting.

First edition "Happy Hollisters", "Nancy Drew", and "Hardy Boys". My first escapes from the hard work the oldest daughter on a big farm had to do in the 1960's(yup, that was me with a flashlight under the blanket after my Mom told me to go to bed, lol)!!
    [SIZE=3] KRAZYKAT [/SIZE]

Cuddling with my spouse of 18 yrs., GypsyKaren makes me Happy!!

Books, rocks, baskets, teddy bears, sand, and just started collecting skeleton keys.

Mae

I don't know if this one counts as a collection but some years it seems so. I've had as many as 16 at a time. Stray animals. We live in the country and people seem to think their unwanted pets will find a nice home out here. Wrong, they become feral and starve unless a home can be found. That's what I do. Get them healthy and find them a home. For fun I collect license plate numbers now, and report the dumpees.
    Last edited by dancinginthedark; 10-01-2007 at 12:54 AM. Reason: added

Collect

I love to collect , Bras, Panties, Robes, Fashion Eywear, jewelry and MEN & Beyonce Welch - Chardonnay is ALMOST as Good as being a CD'er.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Miniatures, the ones that requires you to paint them.. i think its more of a hobby...
    Trying to be myself..

I collect camera, earliest from the 1970s. I have a few from the turn of the century.
    Ben