Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JB and Sandy Read my letter on the air!

JB and Sandy Read my letter on the air!

JB and Sandy Read my letter on the air!
    So on the way to work in Austin Texas this morning my wife and I are listening to the JB and Sandy morning show on 94.7. Sooner or later the topic comes around to the fact that Oscar De La Hoya has apparently been outted as a crossdresser and now the poor guy has his pics posted all over the internet. The JB and Sandy radio show is usually pretty humorous so I fully expected them to take full advantage of the opportunity to make fun of Oskar and crossdressers in general and was pleased when they didn't!
    Oddly enough, the one that seemed the most put out by it was Autumn, a young lady you might consider sort of a sidekick of the show. While I don't recall her exact words, the gist of her comments was that it was weird, and how could he do this being a husband and father of 4, and how could he be gay, etc.
    To my surprise, JB and Sandy both spoke up saying things along the lines of "we all have our things we wouldn't want everyone to know", and "what's so bad about it, he isn't hurting anyone". I was so impressed that when I got to the office I did something I've never done before - I wrote them an email. I told them that I was impressed and relieved that they had responded in what I thought was a reasonably adult way. I went on to tell them that most of us (crossdressers) have the same hopes, dreams, morals, and standards as anyone else. I also told them that most crossdressers are not gay and DO get married and have children, we just like to look pretty! :-)
    After writing the email I packed up my tools and laptop and headed to a local customer of mine where I was working this morning. Imagine my shock when I started the car to head out and heard them already reading my letter on the air! I was stunned! Once again I waited for the other shoe to drop, fully expecting them to start taking pot shots at me - and again they didn't! They read my letter in the spirit I sent it with, and said "cool"!
    So, it's a long way from being a hero of the TG revolution, but I actually got to put a little good press out to the entire city of Austin Texas - how cool is that?!

Way cool

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    YOU ARE OUR HERO SIS !!!!!

Emily Ann
    Living with a heel in each world.

Little Ms Witch Hermione Simpson's Avatar
    Nottinghamshire UK or the minstry of magic
    that's WAY COOL! kimberly
    Although i'm a witch, I can be nice as well (honestly)

http://www.facebook.com/people/Hermi...son/1527490088

Also check out my flickr page http://www.flickr.com/photos/hermionesimpson

well done Kimberley - you had the courage to stand for what you believe - many would have thought about writing - you did it!

mitch

Hugging the Kurves! RobertaFermina's Avatar
    It's a long way if you measure with a Microscope, Kimberley.

You spoke from the heart in spite of possible negative consequences. That risk taking courage (du Cour = of the heart) is Heroism of the First Water !

Thank You !

Roberta
    [COLOR=Red]Open your Heart :

Hi Kim,

Way to go! My hat's off to you.

Huggs, Renee

Thumbs up

Way to go Kimberley !!!!!!

We need to keep taking advantage of opportunities like that to show the world that we're normal too.

Beth
    Oh, how I wish....

WAY cool, Kimberly. It is refreshing when you find those pools of sanity, and you are able to correct some of the basic misperceptions "most" people have regarding crossdressing. The young lady obviously needs to be more aware of the world and to know there is much more to the human condition than can be seen thru her small window to the parking lot. Would you be able to post your mail here so we could read what Austin heard? You ARE a hero!

Lauren

now thats way cool ,thanks kim
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="3"]Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!![/SIZE]
    [SIZE="2"]"Tell me why I can't where a mini 'kilt' to work?"[/SIZE][SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

Totally awesome, Kimberly!! I would just like to say thank you for taking the time to respond the way you did and hope that other listeners ears perked up when your letter was read. It's also great to know that at least some of those in the media see this issue as not a 'sick way of life' but just different.

Thanks again!

Dawn

What a wonderful and heart-warming tale. Goes to show there are good things and good people out there and gives one hope that it ain't such a cruel world afterall!

Way to go girl!
    [SIZE=3]She Came From Plant Claire...

Dee
    [/SIZE][SIZE=3]xxx[/SIZE]

Wtg!

darn i wish id been listeningbut instead i was listening to the sam and bob on k-vet do you work as kimberly? i have to work in have frank half Carrie while im in the office.it would really be nice if we could get together with or so and meet somewhere. it would be nice to hang out with another couple just like us
    huggs Carrie
    I am a beautiful, young victorian style lady. Demure, gentle, kind and giving. I love to be feminine in lace and intricate delicate patterns flowing skirts, the kind of sexy that makes you desperate to know what I'm hiding underneath!

Way to go!

Kimberly,
    I have always admired a gurl who can think clearly in heels...oops.. I mean on her feet.
    No closet is big enough!

Working and meeting in Austin

Quote Originally Posted by Carrie Davis View Post
    darn i wish id been listeningbut instead i was listening to the sam and bob on k-vet do you work as kimberly? i have to work in have frank half Carrie while im in the office.it would really be nice if we could get together with or so and meet somewhere. it would be nice to hang out with another couple just like us
    huggs Carrie
    Well howdy Carrie! I work 100% as Matt. At least one person in my office knows about me, and I think one other does but I am not sure. I am not "out" by a long shot though.
    As to meeting, I don't get out in Austin often as its hard to tell my family "Hey, I know I've been gone all week but I'm gonna get a hotel and go out this weekend. See ya'!" My wife and I also don't want my neighbors or daughter seeing me dressed. But even given all that, I DO get out here once in a while and would be perfectly happy to meet you sometime. :-)

Great post Kimberly, Way To Go

Kimberley, you may not be a hero but you are certainly a heroine! You seized the moment... how cool is that? That one email, no doubt, opened countless eyes today. You done good, girl!
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Awesome! And how great that you turned on the radio in time to hear them read it...talk about good karma!

Blushing June '07 Bride Sheri 4242's Avatar
    Kudos, Kim!!! We're proud of you for stepping up to the plate and making a stand. You were an educator in the purest sense of the word!!!
    [SIZE="4"]Sheri[/SIZE]

Kimberley, how wonderful, I hope your words touched the hearts and minds, of many listeners.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Great post Kimberly. And a super email to the radio station. We need more people giving positive comments about cross-dressing, and other abnormalities in our lifestyles. Just because we want to look pretty, as you put it, does not mean we are not normal in other things in life. Again, thanks for the great input for us gurls.

letter reading on air

Kimberly
    I seldom am at a loss for words but ,,,
    INSTEAD OF SAYING ANYTHING AT ALL, BECAUSE IT HAS BEEN ALREADY,
    I INSTEAD WILL BOW TO YOU WITH RESPECT, AND ADMIRATION AND SEND A REALLY BIG THANK YOU

THANK YOU

girl next door

Thanks Kim!!!!
    [SIZE="3"]
    my wish for you is peace
    [/SIZE]

lo·gom·a·chy /loʊˈgɒməki/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[loh-gom-uh-kee] –noun, plural -chies.
    1. a dispute about or concerning words.
    2. an argument or debate marked by the reckless or incorrect use of words; meaningless battle of words