Thread: Album covers

Album covers

Just looking through my old vinyl collection and found parrel lines by Blondie .Wondered if any of you ever tried to copy the look off a album cover , a look i will try and do .
    Be part of the solution
    Not the problem

Er.. my old vinyl is a bit older than yours. Judy Collins has a look I quite like. (See 'In My Life' if you've got it.)
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

I,ve covered the Madonna look on the cover of the "Like a Virgin" album cover

One of my favorite album covers was Carly Simon's "No Secrets"

Joyce
    Visit my website at:
    http://www.geocities.com/joyce1702/

[SIZE="3"]"Make Music Not War"[/SIZE]

Well, I always thought about the cover for the "Spinal Tap" album "Smell The Glove". It seemed like a good idea at the time!
    "I see your true colors shining through, your true colors, and that's why I love you,
    so don't be afraid to let them show, your true colors, true colors are beautiful, like a rainbow"

"Without change,something sleeps deep inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken!"[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blondie....wow good album. Yikes just showed my age......hehhe. And yes I love the long blonde hair..........

SandyR
    Real Men can Cook in Heels...

Never tryed to copy anyone....but i sure did love rockin out with all those old rock and pop girl bands.. and yes i love blonde...eat to the beat lp the best....charlie....

Blondie Rocks!!!
    My dream is to pull off the Sheryl Crow look!

XOXO Tiffany

Oh Sandy, you're not that old! Now if you'd have mentioned Janis Joplin, that might be a bit different, although I never really thought she was all that good looking. She more then made up for that with the way she could belt out a song! Amazing talent!
    I'd be willing to do something from the disco era for halloween!
    "I see your true colors shining through, your true colors, and that's why I love you,
    so don't be afraid to let them show, your true colors, true colors are beautiful, like a rainbow"

"Without change,something sleeps deep inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken!"[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blushing June '07 Bride Sheri 4242's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruth View Post
    Er.. my old vinyl is a bit older than yours. Judy Collins has a look I quite like.
    Would Rosemary Clooney "date" me?
    [SIZE="4"]Sheri[/SIZE]

Yes! Ann and Nancy Wilson from Heart's Bebe Le Strange lp. At least I think was the album's title....can't think back that far sometimes. In any event, the girls were GORGEOUS!!!

I also agree with the above mentioned Carly Simon's No Secrets. Hell, I bought that lp based on the cover alone!!!!

Emerging butterfly...
    For me it would hafta be the inimitable [SIZE="4"]Stevie Nicks[/SIZE]!!
    She has a unique blend of "little girl" & yet "all woman" that I love, along with her sultry "sexy-gypsy" style & grace.

...I'd love to have her wardrobe too!!

Hugz,

Veronica

I'll second the Heart album covers, any of them! I'd be fighting to be first in line to look like that! That does give me ideas though, hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Sheri 4242 View Post
    I don't think so, she died in 2002.

Heart, Blondie, Stevie Nicks...

Back in the day, the reining girls of rock meant so much to me too. Really can't say enough how they all helped to guide me into the woman I now feel myself to be... Back in the late seventies I had a Blondie poster on my wall, which was quite HOT, with everyone thinking I lusted after Deborah Harry, never for a minute thinking that in truth I lusted to BE her, to be her or Ann Wilson on that cover of Little Queen which I stared at forever and a day (attached below). And Stevie Nicks too. Good lord! I used to listen to Stevie Nicks for hours on end, so loving her independent femininity... back when I used socks to fill my bras (Jesus Christ!) , back when I was so scared at what I was doing/becoming. But back then their voices meant so much, gave me so much strength... And they still do!
    :luvu:

Robyn
    Attached Images Attached Images
    When lost, alone, or blue I know I can always get through the day, for I've always another shade of lipstick to make things right!

Quote Originally Posted by Sheri 4242 View Post
    Sheri, Rosemary Clooney is my idol. Particularly her look in the fifties.

And Stevie C, Sheri was taking about her "age" Hun.
    Last edited by Joy Carter; 09-29-2007 at 04:15 AM. Reason: Addition

I never thought of trying to imitate an album cover but I could never had imitated the girl on the Cars album, "Candy O" anyway.

Never really thought about copying, but if I'd be able to Enya or Enya could be a good choice.

Many years ago, I had black top & spandex pants just like Olivia Newton John at the end of 'Grease'.......Then I discovered Guinness and they didn't fit any more!
    Hugs,

Christi

martika

Allways had a thing for martika of toy soilders fame and she had a really great look
    Last edited by charllote34; 01-19-2008 at 02:42 PM.
    Be part of the solution
    Not the problem

Aspiring Member

dose anyone still remember

Clara Bow the it girl! Now that does go back someway's right!? Hmmm!?

Suzy Ann!

What Marla said about Enya, it reminds me she has a sort of androgynous look. Still, I wouldn't mind if I could look like her.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

When I tried to do the boy thing I once took The Thompson Twins Into the Gap album into the barbers saying I wanted Tom Bailey's haircut... but he just gave me the same cut as every other geezer he'd seen for the last forty years....

True stylewise... I'm a bit of a Sputnik gal
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

I love the way Tori Amos always looked. She is so beautiful and has an amazing voice!
    [SIZE="3"]XOXO,
    Summer[/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Please visit my Facebook site at:
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...73&ref=profile

(My Space is so dull now!)