Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I can,t get out!!

Thankyou everyone for your support and good advice This evening i,m going to have another try, using some advice i got from here. I will go out wearing girly jeans, knee length boots, a pale lemon jumper and subtle makeup. Obviously i will also wear bra [with forms], panties and tights[pantyhose]....I will also wear a wig,i just haven,t decided whether to wear my chestnut blond bob or my wavy shoulder lenght brunette!! Thanks and wish me luck....I will let you know what happens later..good or bad!

I know what you mean hun. My wife is on vacation and I have the whole house to myself except that the kids and grandkids live next door and pop in unannounced at any time. I am planning on going out to a TG club next Saturday night. In the meantime what I was thinking of doing was renting a room in a motel close to a mall, take all my clothes, make up, and my camera and be myself to my heart's content. I think that it is what Karen does because I don't think that her wife lets her dress at home. On the other hand, I think she just changes in a phone booth. (just kidding Karen). In any event I think that it would be worth the cost just to have the privacy and the opportunity to be Rita for a while.

The first time i thought i was going to die!! But realized that at a distance, i can blend in good, and you prolly can too as long as you dont dress to attract attention, like overly sexy ect, try to be just one of the girls

Realize you are going to get had, its really not a big deal, most wont say anything to your face, and if they do...dont let it bother you, smile a warm smile at them and leave it at that, if you get your feathers all in a ruffel, you get in trouble, so just smile a nice smile and talk nicley to them. You will get had, even the best of the best will.

Just keep your eyes out, and avoid the people that look like trouble ie.. rough neck men, group of young girls...ect, and you will be fine, and remember, all dressed up you wont be recognizable, so who cares

Also, look for TG friendly places to go to, like drag shows, bars that are TG friendly in your area, its not to hard to get to the car and drive to a place like that, and once your there its all just fun

I went to a big mall once and was packed, i was had about 15% of the time, but was in 4 inch heals and like 6'7'' tall lol, i felt so nervious, that gave me away the most, once the fear is gone, you can do more and more as time goes on, start small, avoid close contact with people, untill you are more comphy. just watch out for the basher types, see them before they see you, and all is good, so what if you get had, just smile at them, and dont let it bother you, once you get past that first real fear of going out the door, and you see how you can blend in at a distance, the fear goes away, and there ya are, all girly out and about

Deborah Jane, PM me, I am in West Sussex. I am no expert but have been out 3 times with no problems. I may have some ideas for you.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

There's no real secret... I guess you just reach a... how can I put it... a non-event horizon...
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

dont feel bad i wont even open the door to look outside

Deborah,
    Hoping your first small step out the door went well. Looking forward to hearing all about it.

Lauren

You Go Girl.....I'm sure you will be just fine. Be sure to let us know how and what you did. Wish I were there to go with you, but I'll be there in spirt.

Hi all, just a quick update as i don,t know if it counts!! I got as far as my car...50 yards down the drive!! Does that count as a 1st step?? I personally think i need to go further!! BTW I felt good after!!

Well done! The first steps the big one!
    Hugs Amanda x
    So far in the closet, I've got one foot in Narnia!

Never do anything that seemed a good idea at the time!

Today I am the youngest I'm ever going to be!

add me and message amanda.shaft@hotmail.co.uk

http://amandashaft.hi5.com

I used to go out as Rita all the time, but that was almost twenty years ago. Now that I have come out of the closet, I find myself manufacturing one excuse after another for not going out again as Rita. Some of the excuses are well grounded but many are not. It seems like there is always someting extra I need before I am ready to make my debut. Also I had set a weight goal for myself before going out. I think I will have to trash that goal if I am ever to go out. With my wife's approval I recently joined Tiffany Club of New England. I have been dying to go to one of their gatherings. Well my target date is October 6.

My wife is out of town but her daughter and family live right next door, heck they practically live over here. Would you believe that at my age I have to give them a "story" as to why I will be out probably until midnight on that day.

I have also toyed with the idea of just getting a hotel room nearby to change into Rita although they say they have "changing" rooms and makeup facilities. Either way, I am doing it. Oh heck, I forgot to get some fake nails.

Rita B

Yes, it counts. A wonderful first step. Each step you take, even those to the side or the occasional step back, eventually take you where you want to go.

Although thinking of where you can go is exciting, the other thing to remember is to enjoy the place you are right now. Sounds like you are, and that you have loving support from your daughter. Most wonderful.

Lauren

deborah...

all i can say is once you go out and nobody bites your head off you will unable to stay in!!!

the thing i find about going out is that i lose myself in my activities and thoughts and i feel so complete its really like nothing else..

i hope you do it!!!

it really is a very low risk proposition and remember you are doing this for YOU!!!! not for someone else...

have fun
    michele

Quote Originally Posted by deborah jane View Post
    Hi all, just a quick update as i don,t know if it counts!! I got as far as my car...50 yards down the drive!! Does that count as a 1st step?? I personally think i need to go further!! BTW I felt good after!!
    well done sweetie - first baby steps and didn't it feel good - next one will be a bit bigger!

Mitch

LOL So this means you are just like the majority of us. I remember years of going to the hotel room door with my heart pounding. Just opening the door would cause my heart to race so fast I was sureeveryone in the building could hear it. I would wait until 2 or 3 AM and then sneak 5 or 6 feet down the hall and run like hell to get back in the room if I heard someone coming.
    The trick is to reach the point where you really realize that it doesn't matter what people you don't know think about you. Who cares if someone you dont know sees you and might know that your a guy dressed as a woman? Assuming your going out somewhere besides right where you live, he isn't going to know you, isn't going to call the cops on you, doesn't write your review at work - why care if he thinks its odd that a stranger is dressed as a woman? When you really "get" this, you will be free to go out. :-)

Darn skippy it does!

Quote Originally Posted by deborah jane View Post
    Of course that counts as a first step, and those are the hardest. Congrats! :-)