Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Do CD's watch sports?

AAAh, yes. I'm going for the Lakers all the way. Go Lakers!! I wish i was small enough to be a Lakers girl. A girl can dream cant she?

Silver Member
    Wow, is this a long thread or what? What the heck does sports and cd have to do with each other? I really do take offense at this very question. Is everyone forgetting what we really are and have to make silly associations such as this one? So what if you like or dislike sports, I see no need to even start such an irrelevant thread as this one. Almost all of the responses have been in support of thier favorite sports hero or team and this type of disscussion is totally irrelevant to what this site is about. It is like everyone is forgetting that we are men and women and men and women like or dislike sports. So what is the reason for this post??? Am I to assume that the original intent of this thread was in some way meant to assume that we as cd's do not involve ourselves in such manly activities as sports? I come away from all of this with a sense that we are not "normal men" and the question has to be asked if we are still interested in 'manly' things such as sports.

I'm more into Boxing and Mixed Martial Arts myself...

I never watch sorts on television, and I rarely go to games. I prefer playing, since watching seem dreadfully dull to me
    Alex Forbes
    Faux Femme
    Flickr Page

I think CDSusan's point is interesting. Nevertheless, the length of the thread and its longevity speaks volumes about its relevancy to us. I believe we're all dealing with competing interests within us to one extent or another and I think the diversity of responses demonstrates how varied we all are. I grew up being very interested in sports as a player and as a watcher but was always dealing with this urgent longing inside to dress as a girl or woman. I didn't know how to reconcile these seemingly incompatible urges. This thread demonstrates that many of us felt the same way.
    Thank you to CDSusan for shining a light on this curious phenomenon.

When im not thinking about that new pair of boots i want to buy, im thinking about sports, i watch almost every sport known to man(except anything involving motor racing, and cricket but as far as cricket goes its only because in Canada it's almost impossible to see a cricket game on T.V.) and i still play alot Rugby and Hockey from time to time, doesnt make me any more or any less of a crossdresser, as far as im concerned they are 2 different people trapped in the same body
    Kisses,
    Trinity

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Uh, Susan, I'm sorry! Maybe----

Quote Originally Posted by CD Susan View Post
    Wow, is this a long thread or what? What the heck does sports and cd have to do with each other? I really do take offense at this very question. Is everyone forgetting what we really are and have to make silly associations such as this one? So what if you like or dislike sports, I see no need to even start such an irrelevant thread as this one. Almost all of the responses have been in support of thier favorite sports hero or team and this type of disscussion is totally irrelevant to what this site is about. It is like everyone is forgetting that we are men and women and men and women like or dislike sports. So what is the reason for this post??? Am I to assume that the original intent of this thread was in some way meant to assume that we as cd's do not involve ourselves in such manly activities as sports? I come away from all of this with a sense that we are not "normal men" and the question has to be asked if we are still interested in 'manly' things such as sports.
    I started this thread rite after discovering this site. Which was my FIRST contact with anyone else, regarding CDing. At that point in time, all I had were questions regarding CDs, and few answers! I believe my questions r a bit deeper and more probing now.

However, if u READ the original thread, instead of reading all the posts, u mite have gleened that! Anyway, u CAN'T blame me for keeping it going, so there!

I am just as amazed at how long this thread has run as anyone!

Oh, and just one last thing: GO LAKERS!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 06-11-2008 at 05:15 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I watch NHRA Drag Racing and did drag race a few years back.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

Admittedly im into football (soccer to some of you).

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar
    It really is interesting in as much as it shows the diversity amongst crossdressers, which is of course to be celebrated.

And, although if I was a GG, I'd be a total tomboy, my answer to this question is:

Not on your life!!!!

In fact, when the Super Bowl is on TV, I specifically make sure that I'm watching a chick-flick of some sort

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!

sports

since i grew up in Colorado i am a broncos fan(and a fan of anybody that beats the raiders) Also a fan of nascar
    I love being a girl

Silver Member
    I have to agree the longevity of this thread speaks for itself. Docrobbysherry it was not my intent to insult you or anyone else and if I did I am sorry. I think this thread should have been in another forum, possibly 'The Lounge'. I have read this thread in it's entireity and found it interesting. My conclusion is we are just as 'normal' as the next guy, we just like our sports while wearing our own 'uniform'.

little place called Delaware, southerly from Philly Pa.
    I'm not much of a sports fan but I do enjoy going to wtch our local minor league baseball team play. I used to watch my grandson play little league but he's not playing this year. Girls softball on espn is great to watch too.

is in her vest
    I find watching sport frightfully boring......if I am not doing the sport, it just bores the knickers off me
    Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime. ~Potter Stewart

Just A Girl Next Door
    I don't find it all that surprising that there are a lot of sports fans on this site. It's not that we're all trying to prove we're "manly" in some regards. It's just that sports are a huge part of popular culture.

What I do find interesting is the high number of Lakers fans on here. Count me in on that! If someone would give me a ticket for thursday's game for anywhere near face value, I'd wear whatever you wanted me to at the game...except a Celtics' jersey of course.

Actually, three of the biggest Lakers fans I know are GGs so liking the Lakers doesn't prove anything except being extremely knowledgeable about basketball!

Go Lakers!

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Admittedly, I'm new to CDing and a bit clueless. I spent part of the Saturday watching football games. The rest was spent having something to do with CDing: on line, dressing, and working on pictures of me, a la femme. That's typical of my last couple weeks. 75% of my spare time dealing with some aspect of CDing, and 25% watching sports. Does anyone else watch sports? Or does your interest wane is you femanize?
    Everyone is a sports nut at heart it depends on what sport it is. I love and used to follow almost religiously figure skating, but lot of my female friends love football, basketball, and baseball. Sadly, soccer and hockey isn't all that popular in the south for some reason and it's strange because most rednecks only live for a good fight. No offence to soccer and hockey fans because I myself like the two sports and would watch them more if I could because they are the only two team sports that I can halfway figure out what the heck is going on.

No pun intended, but I am very into drag racing. Still race, still watch.....

of course we watch sports. i bet more so than non cders.
    can i go from prettieboyinneed to prettyboy