Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Did anyone dress you up when you were little?

Crazy Lady
    age 10 or so my sister and next door neighbor let me dress up with them in leotard and play ballarina. A few years later my mother would have me put on a dress or skirt so she could mark it for hemming.

Dee

yessss...when i was younger, i was at my cousin claires, trying on her clothes when she came home and caught me. instead of yelling or being mad, she helped me, gave me tips and completely dressed me, bra, thong (little fetish of mine) Skirt, heels, make up. i love her, those were the good times

I never really had anyone that would help me dress. I did get my little brother and sister sometimes to play with me when I was dressed a few times. But I think that it was only because they was so bored that it beat doing nothing! I had to be descrete and out of sight whenever I dressed.My parents forbid me to ever wear girls clothes or do anything girlish. They was raising a son not some sissy faggot boy.

I was swiping my mother's underclothes from age 9 right through to leaving home at 19. She had a suitcase full of old clothes - slips, petticoats and pantyhose etc - which became "mine". I used to cut off the legs of the pantyhose so I could wear them under my boys shorts.

My mother knew but never said anything except a few cryptic remarks over the years.

Also went to a few crossdressing parties in my teens - I loved these and felt "perfect" all night.

I have a picture of me as a baby in a carriage in a girl's bonnet. AT age 4, my sister started putting lipstick on me. Iwould do it every time her friends came over to play. But, that's where it ended as far as others dressing me up- but that was due to my stupid pride, which I now deeply regret.

I'm afraid I must have had a deprived childhood because no one took the time or effort to dress me as a girl

I was left to discover it all for myself when I reached 12 years of age. It was odd, as it was just like a switch being thrown as I became fascinated in dressing and looking like a girl....The rest is history I suppose...
    Last edited by Suzy Harrison; 10-12-2007 at 10:21 AM.

When I was alot younger my two sisters would dress me up from time to time..they thought it was cute and funny.

I had older sister's who with their friend's would say go away and quit bugging us or we'll dress you up as a girl and i remember dreaming how nice that would be.I also use to think how nice it would be to get locked in a department store over-nite and try on all the femme stuff. justabit

I went to a boys only Secondary School.

They had a drama dept and regularly put on plays - including Shakespeare who as you know wrote for an all male cast. There is a lot of gender switching in his plays .. a male actor plays a female who is impersonatiing a man .... great stuff !!

I played Titania (Great name!) at the age of 13 and Juliette at 14.
    and Portia at 16

The drama tutors wife did the costumes and makeup and coached mem in sitting and bending down (at the knees and not the waist lol). I think she guessed I enjoyed the dressing and would always call me by my character name during fittings, makeup trials and rehearsals.

My Bra fillings were balloons filled with bird seed !

I also played in the school rugby team - so I never was bullied or teased about regularly playing a girl in the plays. No one (except for Mrs Trobridge) suspected my motives for being in the Drama Group.

Because I got older and taller, younger boys were cast in later productions. But at least I still got to wear tights

Happy days
    Mirani - [meer-rahn-nee] Beauty to Behold; to "See" beauty

I don't remember having been dressed "as a girl" when I was a smal boy. However, I remember seeing some beautiful curls in my hair when I was about three...

Later on, during the late seventies, I left my hair grow. I still had beautiful curls. More than one women told me that they were envious of my hair...

Unfortunately I don't have my curly hair anymore, but a big baldt spot on the top of my head...

Eugenie

I always wanted to be a girl since I was a little kid, but I didn't start dressing until I was in my early teens.

My Feminine Self Lady Katherine's Avatar

Remember Baptismal Dresses

For those of my generation (I'm age 78), the boys were put in dresses for their bapisma; ceremonies. I have pictures of myself (looking like a lovely infant girl) in my baptismal dress. Other boys wore those, too.

And, in those Depression years, it was not unusualy boy infant boys up to age 2 or so to be put in dresses.

I remember none of myself in those dresses. But the pictures perhaps were a precursor of the girl that lingered within me.

When I was ten, I asked to be a girl for Halloween, and my mom was very cooperative--she made me a wonderful outfit from the Goodwill. We had a parade at the local playground, and after that the woman there would sometimes give me girl's things that had been left in lost & found for a while. I guess she intuitively knew how much I loved them!

I have read the answers to your thread. My experience was a little different, and a lot the same as the others. I was born during the great depression of the 1930's, with little money for boys clothes, and an older sister, and cousins all girls, I was dressed in their hand me down clothes. In those days girls did not wear jeans, or slacks, so it was not until I had to dress as a boy for school that I had my first pair of pants. Even then I still wore pink panties under my pants, and changed into a dress as soon as I got home. Since my only playmates were my sister, my cousins, and their girlfriends, I always felt that I was a girl.

early times

I was 3 or 4 when my friend Jack's sister dressed us up and then we went around the neighborhood and everyone talked about how nice and pretty we were. The next day I asked Jack if he wanted to dress again because I did. He looked at me funny and then I knew I was different. I haven't stopped wanting to since for the next 55 years. I am sure I was already tg and the dressing allowed for me to express myself

Full time RVer, so varies. Home base Nevada
    I would have loved to have been dressed up. Just never happened. But I always loved the feel and look of female clothing. It just got better through the years.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi Katherine; As another depression baby I was dressed as a girl until I had to start school. It was more economic than anything else according to my mom. Since I was the youngest and all my cousins, and sister were girls and loder than me there were lots of hand me down dresses, but no pants. If you remember girls did not wear pants either slacks or jeans till late in the 1940's. Guess you can thank Katherine Hepburn for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirani View Post
    I went to a boys only Secondary School.

They had a drama dept and regularly put on plays - including Shakespeare who as you know wrote for an all male cast. There is a lot of gender switching in his plays .. a male actor plays a female who is impersonatiing a man .... great stuff !!

I played Titania (Great name!) at the age of 13 and Juliette at 14.
    and Portia at 16

The drama tutors wife did the costumes and makeup and coached mem in sitting and bending down (at the knees and not the waist lol). I think she guessed I enjoyed the dressing and would always call me by my character name during fittings, makeup trials and rehearsals.

My Bra fillings were balloons filled with bird seed !

I also played in the school rugby team - so I never was bullied or teased about regularly playing a girl in the plays. No one (except for Mrs Trobridge) suspected my motives for being in the Drama Group.

Because I got older and taller, younger boys were cast in later productions. But at least I still got to wear tights

Happy days
    Looking at your picture, I can see why they gave you the female roles

My Feminine Self Lady Katherine's Avatar
    Hi Alice ... As a Depression Child, born in 1929, I was the oldest of three boys. No girls, but I cherish the picture of me in my baptismal dress. There were no dresses as hand-me-downs here, but I had one (1) pair of Knickers that I wore all school year. We didn't wear long pants until 6th grade. I had skinny legs and arms and was not much good at sports, and when I discovered some of my mom's old dresses in attic, I found myself in heaven. It seems I was "made: for girl clothes. My mother was also named Alice, by the way.

My sister dressed me up from the time I was a baby. Wedding dresses, tutus, etc. And applied makeup too.
    Although it wasn't until the last few years that I became interested in cding.
    Now, she's the only that knows. She's a professional makeup artist for Shiseido, so she's given me a lot of free makeup!!

I started dressing in my mother's clothes, mostly stockings, panties, bra, when I was in my early teens.

hi Kathrine;

If you remember the good, or bad, old days, you remember that boys got 1 pair of pants for school, 1 suit for church, parties, etc., 2 shirts, 2 ties, 1 pair of shoes, 1 winter coat, 1 light coat for spring/fall. Girls got party dresses, school dresses, skirts. blouses, at least 2 pair of shoes 1 for dress, 1 for play, etc. Right from the start girls had it better than boys clothes wise. I already told you that I was dressed in hand me down dresses till I had to dress male for school. Since I only had 1 pair of school pants, as soon as I got home from school I would have to take them off so they would last, and put on a hand me down skirt. Since I was a shy child and had no boyfriends my playmates were my sister, my cousins, and their girlfriends. I never learned how to play baseball, but I was great at jump rope, and hopscotch. Even though I had boy's clothes for school I did not have boy's underwear until high school when I had to take gym and change in a locker room. BY the way the woman I married, who died 7 years ago, was the younger sister of one of the girls I played with as a child so my wearing skirts was no surprise to her.

ooooh yes

my earliest memories of probably younger than 4 or 5 were of running upstairs and stealing my moms bra's and then hiding behind the couch and putting them on. got caught many many many times and eventually my mom got quite annoyed with it. then as i got older i began taking her pantyhose and dresses and around early high school got my first wig. It was all uphill from there. I guess compared to most of you ladies i still am a young one!!
    love alwaysssssss cori!! MUAH!

This is the way it went

I had no sisters...but on my dads side of the family my brother and I were the only Grandsons out of 15 grandchildren and on my moms side of the family all were boys but 2 granddaughters....my mother in later years told me she always wanted a daughter...as far back as I can remember mom would give me old clothes to play with hats,heels,dresses,ect....makeup and jewelery and as I grew older I let my hair grow very long...mother and I would go shopping every saturday all day long go to lunch..
    she told me later in my teens she always knew I was different and she was Ok with it and I suppose my father was also he never forced me to play sports or help him work on the cars I helped mom in the house cooking and cleaning...sewing,crafts and all those kind of things ....it's like this was always the way it was supposed to be....

Yes

In 10th grade a girlfriend dressed me up for an initiation into a sporting club in High school. I "had" ware her babydoll Pj’s over my drab clothes during the school day.

When we got home, off with the drab clothes and into panties and make up. I was also made to shave my legs with dog clippers. I would have rather shaved with a razor for closeness.

I was not supposed to like it but I did. I never told her how much I loved it. I also remember trading clothes with by neighbor girl when we were about 5
    It's Okay to feel like a girl some times