Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question for those girls who have had makovers

Question for those girls who have had makovers

I am thinking of going for a makeover. What did you do after your makeover? Did you go home emfem? I have never been "out" but would like to wear the makeup home! I'm just nervous...

Thanks

I have had them done before events, support group meeting etc. Getting one done is great fun. going out after, priceless. try dinner or a movie or just going to the local TG friendly bar would work, what ever you do wear it for a while you'll for sure enjoy it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

hi girls

you may also ask "home service". In such way no problem to be seen in public when coming back home : you will be in your closed
    bye

left in male mode

had my makeover, had lots of pics taken and then washed it all off, changed clothes and walked out happy that i had done it but sad that "she" was gone. this halloween though i'll be getting made up and then driving home en femme, i can't wait to experience that rush!

I have had dozens of makeovers done at local salons. Most of the time I wash up after taking lots of pix, but once in a while I have driven home while made up. If it is dark outside, no one notices because most people are wrapped up in the own little world.
    DanaJ

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I had a professional makeover done at a Merle Norman Salon 7 years ago. I had hesitated for a long time. One day I called. When the woman answered, I asked if they had anyone who would do a male to female makeover. She replied, "sure, I do, I'm the owner. Do you want to make an appointment?" It was as easy as that. I made the appointment and went in dressed. The actual makeover was free, but you are expected to buy some of the products.

The owner, Donna, was very professional. The makeover was done in one of the chairs right in the shop. She first color matched me to get the right hue. She then tried several hues and shades of blush, shadow, eyeliner, lipstick, etc. She then showed me tips and tricks on application. The whole show lasted about an hour.

I did buy some of the products that she recommended. Actually, I dropped about $120. Merle Norman makeup is not cheap, but it is quality and worth it.

It is the best move I ever made. It gave me the confidence to start going out and about with ease.

Jodi

I have only had four 'professional' makeovers. Three of the four times I went shopping at a mall afterwards. The other time, I went to a TG support meeting. If you look good you might as well enjoy yourself!

I have only had one. I had pictures taken and then changed back into "man" mode. The place I went too has a an option of going out enfemme. The owner and another person takes you out to do whatever you want. I have been thinking of it. If you are going to get a makeover and can then go out and enjoy yourself, then do it.
    Excuse me Sir, is this your purse?

I had my first makeover 12 yrs ago in the morning, and I left in femme mode and stayed that way all day, and night, and have done it that way ever since.

I'm having my first makeover done this week. Unfortunately I won't be able to go out afterwards. It's just to find my colors. I'm going in male mode, but I'm going clean shaven and also taking my wig with me. I just hope I don't charge too much on my credit card...

Had my make over, photo session and then drove home dressed and felt great. It was almost a 3 hour drive and stayed dressed through the night and most of the next morning until I had to shower and change. Will repeat soon.

Hi Stacy,
    Whenever I or myself had our makeovers done we were in FEM. We had to wash the makeup off we had on of course before the makeover and then they applied the new.

If you wear tinted glasses to where its hard to see your eyes you could probably get away with just using facial makeup.

Me and the girls had our makeovers done in the morning or early afternoon so we could wear our new face ALL DAY, or even to the CLUB at night.

Of course this would depend on how fast your hair growth comes in.

Have Fun,
    Hugs,
    Tamera
    Please read this regarding personal information http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/faq.php?faq=main_rules#faq_personal_information

[SIZE="2"]"GENDER" is not whats between the "THIGHS", but whats between the "EARS".....[/SIZE]

had mine done in store in full public view. She did one half, i was encouraged to copy by doing the other half. went shopping, then home and tried to practice till i got it right

mitch

I have had two makeovers. The first one was for learning purposes. It was done in a salon, in plain view of other customers. No comments from any of them. I didn't use the result as it was right after work and I had no plans.

The second time was a few weeks ago at a TG event (party ). This time it was mainly me being lazy. Anyway, not much beats the feeling of being pampered . GGs like it, so why shouldn't we too ?

I love having my makeup done. I've gone to beauty colleges and had the students do the work. It is great fun, sometimes they put me an a secluded area, sometimes with other customers. The girls enjoy doing it and the other customers find it entertaining. I love being fussed over by the students. I always go out after my makeovers, to parties, clubs or to a support group.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Had my make over, photo session and then drove home dressed and felt great.

I am a MAC fan .. £20 for a makeover but they take it off of any purchases. Then I always meet a friend and go for a meal.

Some times my friend (GG) also has a makeover .. its more fun to do it together.
    Mirani - [meer-rahn-nee] Beauty to Behold; to "See" beauty

My first one was done in the back room of a make-up store. After I walked out into the front (no one else there) and then went and got changed into drab (after pics, of course).
    My second one was in the same store with a different girl. I sat out front on one of the chairs. Took forever because it was a day or two after a buy some stuff and get more free promotion started. People constantly in and out. Talk about feeling that all eyes are on you. After I drove to my pedicurist and a couple of other places before I went back to change into the dreaded male.
    My third was at my pedicurist after a pedicure. I went in there dressed and left dressed for shopping, etc.
    Make-overs are fun and informative.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Mac

I recommend MAC. They are very TG friendly and many of their stores have a room in the back for doing makeovers. It's expensive but worth it.

Probably 5 or 6 professional makeovers. Each one different and equally exilirating. The last one turned out the best ever! If you're going to pay to get made up, the least you should do is do a little shopping- Lane Bryant, etc is always a safe spot. Find a safe historic part of town for a early evening walk etc. Then, you'll get more comfortable and challenge yourself to try new things. I get really psyched up and almost chicken out on my plans- and then I always push through and say- what the heck. Finding a GG to hang out with or meet up with you right after the salon can build a lot of confidence also- better safe with a friend. I've only been out 1 time without one of my GG's with me.

After my first makeover I went out to lunch with my wife, she did almost all the talking. Then we went to a quiet place by the Charles River and took pictures of me for awhile. That was 2 years ago.

This last makeover at MAC was even more fun. I arrived fully dressed, had a super time with my tech, and then went out with a T-girl group dancing in Boston.http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ad.php?t=65648

Life has changed alot for me in the last few years, to say the least! There is hope that things will get better for you as time goes on. I am just one of the many examples here.
    Sally

I've had two - my first was from Jamie Austin in Boston and the second was from Jon Davis in Austin. I was THRILLED with both and went out both nights! It depends on how confident YOU feel when you are done. If you look in the mirror and see a woman looking back at you, take advantage and go do something - ANYTHING! Go for a drive, go see a movie, go shopping, go for a walk. Do anything besides throwing away the makeover, washing it off, and going home depressed.
    Give us some clue what city you live by and we might even be able to help you come up with a "friendly" place to go out.

I have had a number of make overs at the comsmetic counters over the year at the local malls. After which I would go shopping. My aviatar is from Gloumer shots. First, they did the make over and then a photo shoot. It was a blast.

Banned Read only
    Western Upstate NY, on a Lake Ontario city

O.K, O.K. but how many makeovers are really free without them expecting you to buy???

Thats the thing that concerns me. I am in no financial position to pay hundreds of dollars for outrageously overpriced makeup thatis triple in cost what yu can get at the drug stores. All our major department stores here have the big three counters with technicians and makeup artists. Clinque', Lancome, Este Lauder, and others, but I will not waste a young girls time and hopes of a commision for a future sale if I just take the makeover, get out of the chair after all that work , say nothing of taking advantage of a free deal. I'll stick with my big 4: Maybellinbe, Max Faxtor, Revlon, and Lancome...thank you.
    So girls do you always buy something when she's done?

Megan70

I am actually having a makeover done this weekend, I am renting a motel room for the night and having the makeover done in the early afternoon so I can experiance the fun all day and night. Although I am still a little nervous about it.