Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: do you do your own make up?

do you do your own make up?

There is probably another thread about this but I couldn't find it.

anyhow my question for you ladies is do you do your own makeup? where do you have it done? If everything goes right I will be going out dressed this Halloween. I do ok with makeup but I am not exactly an expert. I don't have the cash for a private makeup session and not sure I would be comfortable getting it done in the mall at one of those makeup counters.
    New facebook page feel free to add me as a friend. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...00003349942987

Lost In Victoria'sSecret TGKrissyCD's Avatar
    Yes, I do my own makeup except for some occassions when a CD friend does it for me. I learned by firsts getting all the hints I could fine on the web. The info does not necessarly have to be just for the transgender. The info for GG's will work for us also. Do go to "Beauty" here and scroll through the threads. The best teacher for self makeup is trial and error. Put it on take it off till you are satisfied the results. Remember, makeup for a brunette is a lot different than for a blonde.

I've always done my own... I started around 8 years old so I'm not too bad at it.
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

Unfortunately Yes.

I need help and will have to consult a MUA

i do my own now , but when i first started i had help
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wants red cocktail dress! nikki_t's Avatar
    S.O. did it a couple of times but mostly myself. However, I wish I could find a pro make-up artist in my area with MTF experience because I really want to get a pro make-over. Sigh.

I always do my own. It's mostly how I learned really. The main reason though is that I never know just how I'm going to do stuff until I do it and sometimes experiment as I go along. Sal's finished look is, shall we say, nothing like Rich's.

Always have and always will.. Though the ladies at makeuptalk have help imensely enhance my presentation.. The ses last few months.. The down side is it take a lot longer to do it correctly.. But the results are worth the effort... I started using makeup books and videos.. And just practicing!!

Even having it done professionally is not going to trickle down to you so you have to work hard to be able to recreate the look you want.. I practiced my makeup every morning before work for almost 2 years straight.. Then washed it off in the shower .. Practice practice practice..
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Do mine own as well. I've not been on MUT enough to pick up tips from them, but there have threads here about some online videos showing how stuff should/could be done. I also looked through a book that my wife has but it wasn't all that great. Kevin Aucoin's books "Making Faces" and "Face Forward" are pretty good for inspiration. And, I just picked up "Five Minute Face" by Carmindy from TLC's "What Not To Wear". Great tips in that book and she gives fairly simple instructions on how to get the look you want. Will definitely be used when I get out this Sunday.

Kassandra

I've been trying to follow http://www.howtobeauty.com/Makeovers/index.html but it's a bit like taking painting lessons from Salvador Dali or any other great artist.
    They show me how to do it, I know what it should look like, I know what I want it to look like but it doesn't
    Hugs,

Christi

I've done my makeup ever since I started a year ago and I've had a lot of help along the way.
    I look so much different and more natural looking now then I did back then.
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

You're right Brenda.....sorry
    Hugs,

Christi

all i really know how to do myself is apply lipstick. i've watched my mom, my sisters, my daughters, and my wife, but still can't get the hang of it. i had a female friend apply my makeup once when i went to a halloween party in high school, but that was many years ago. if you're comfortable going out dressed, perhaps you could try a tg meeting in your area to see if there might br someone there to help. tg meetings are good places to get tips, and find friends in other cd's and admirers . Jill

I do my own as well. Like most others, it's been strictly trial and error. Mostly error :redface:. I just keep practicing and learning new things everyday. My wife really is not much help, as she wears very little makeup. She gets her make-up tips from me.
    The key to being successful is fooling all of the people all of the time.

Life has it's up and downs. I've past the up part, so it's all downhill from here!

Yes I do It's keep in the bathroom or with my things in the computer room and not hidden my wife knows were it is she as even given me some
    Angie

I enjoy getting ready and putting my face on
    Trial and error - it was fun trying different looks - but now I jsy put my slap on when I go out, except for a bit of lippy at other times.
    Mirani - [meer-rahn-nee] Beauty to Behold; to "See" beauty

Yes I do my own makeup.

A few years back it was awful, I was using far too much product... Thanks to the great advice of two GG friends, I've made some progress in being a lot more light with those makeup products.

So here is my : try to get a GG friend who could help you. First to select the right products and then to help you becoming better at using those products by yourself...

Eugenie

MAC will do just your eyes for nothing if you ask. I find those are the hardest part for me to get just right, or really Glam. Why not do everything else and then have them put the finishing touches on for you? Good luck!
    Sally

I went to MAC for a makeover, and found that they helped me the most by picking out the right colors for me. But I prefer to do my own makeup. It's taken a fair amount of practice, and I don't do anything particularly dramatic with my face (yet), but I tend to feel more secure if I've dealt with my beard issues personally.

Yes, I do my own makeup except for some occassions when so does it for me.

allways i need the practice

susie

One thing I really do feel confident about is applying make up.

I've been doing it for years - have practiced a lot, experimented a lot and read a lot. - And now I just love to apply it as it's part of the fun of being a girl

Quote Originally Posted by joann07 View Post
    I've done my makeup ever since I started a year ago and I've had a lot of help along the way.
    I look so much different and more natural looking now then I did back then.
    Joann is full of surprises. I just presumed you had been doing this for years.
    You've done more in your first year than I did in my first 30 years! -
    Last edited by Holly; 10-21-2007 at 12:04 AM. Reason: Multiposting is not allowed. Please use the EDIT button to add addidional content. Thanks

I do my own and I always did . I had a professional make over once and he did a awful job ,:mad: But the girls are right practice ,practice and then Practice some more . Wendi

by myself !!

self taught ..good or bad
    ..While like Lisa , I started a while ago ..read books (library-and notes!?)
    checked with "Fashion Mag's" for comparisons .. and bought kit's from Adrien Arpel etc. While finding the time and place was tough sometimes.. finaly I figured out ..this stuff washes off !! and I can start over..or try again eh ?? xx"K"
    hopefully, practice will pay off someday ?... and I now might be a part owner of Ponds or Noxema !! hehe
    Just Remember,"Wherever You go- There You are ! "

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I do my own nowadays. However, my wife Marla used to do it for me up until about a year and and a half ago.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!