Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: wasnt worried about getting caught until i did...

wasnt worried about getting caught until i did...

i wanna start by saying i shave my legs regularly....or at least i did. I never really cared or gave a second thought at all to what anyone thought about it. my girlfriend is also extremely supportive and encouraging so to me it really wasnt an issue. i had to shave them. Then one day im sitting on the couch with my family around and my little brother had like 5 friends over and my mom blurts out, "hey how come you shaved your legs?? was ashley pulling your leg hair?" so i did the only thing i could think of. i said yup...not she cant get to it. It hasnt been brought up since but now im kinda nervous to shave again. I had an excuse the first time around but when she outs me again what am i to say? ill have to go back on the first excuse and come up with a more permanent one. was thinking of just telling her i like it better that way, do you think that would be too weird?
    love alwaysssssss cori!! MUAH!

This is just me but, I am starting to care less and less of what ppl think. When I get back into boy mode after dressing up, I take off all the makeup I can and I usually wear strickly guy stuff. Beyond that, if someone sees my leftover mascarra or any makeup I might have missed, or even my shaved legs I don't care.

One thing I have learned is that if you don't make it a big deal then other ppl won't either. If someone were to ask if I had makeup on or eyeliner whatever.. I'd say YUP. If they wanted to know more, I'd just smile and say "Let's just say it was a wild night last night" and then laugh it off. Then I probably wouldn't give any more details, just let it be mystery.

If I were you, I'd just smile and say "I just like the way it feels... it's my guilty pleasure." You don't have to come out just because you shave your legs. A lot of guys shave and no one cares.

That excuse might work again. With the added line that "Ashley must like it this way because when I started to let it grow out again, she started pulling my leg hairs again. When I told her if she didn't quit, I would shave my legs again. She kept pulling them so you know what I did."
    Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right.

Caught

I never really thought about getting caught until my wife gave me an ultimatum to stop or get out. At this moment I do not want to lose her but stopping may be out of the question.

Just say that the first time was for the reason you gave and after that it was itchy when growing back and you liked the way they felt shaved so you continued doing them. She should understand. Leave it to mothers to be so kind to ask you something personal in front of everyone.

Intolerant of intolerance Blonde's Avatar
    Or you could take up competative swimming, they shave thier legs
    I am intolerant of those who are intolerant

keep shaving, and don't worry about it

I was sitting in my living room when one of the teenage daughters' boyfriends wandered through; I learned a day or two later that he was at least 'spooked' if not out right 'freaked out' about my painted toenails. My opinion is that I like it, it harms nothing and no one, so those folks will simply have to deal with as best they can.

I love the look and feel of my shaved legs, I say lets keep it this way!

For you my dear, *you* get to choose; do what is best for yourself, and your SO; this world is big enough for all of us.

love,

Krisinpink

thanks so much!! love all the great ideas and feedback
    love alwaysssssss cori!! MUAH!

I am NOT a junior sob sob Edwina's Avatar
    The other evening shortly after my SO came home from work, she came into the kitchen and said you haven't used one of these for years (holding up a disposable razor) what do you need it for and why is it pink?
    I shrugged and answered only the second part "because they are cheaper and I think they work better"
    Nothing more was said.

Edwina

Your never going to get any where, if you keep worring about what others think or say.

Or if you have a little circulation problem in your legs, they stop growing hair anyway, as mine did a few years ago at least from the calf down. I have been looked at a bit sideways by one or 2 and a female friend made comments and then did not believe my explanation anyway! The main reason i might want to shave the top of my legs would be to wear hold-ups without suspenders - they always slide down otherwise - haven't done it yet but seems like another little pleasure!

My excuse is actually true. When I was in high school and college a group of us were competitive body builders. When we did shows/competitions, we shaved, pretty much everywhere. Ever since I have hated the look of hair all over. It was a good excuse through high school where after P.E. you all had to shower and many of the juniors and seniors looked like they had horse blankets on them and I was shaven clean. But very few ever gave me a hard time about it.
    Ashleigh
    [SIZE=4]~ASHLEIGH~[/SIZE]
    Finis Origine Pendet (The end depends upon the beginning)

Because I prefer to have my legs shaved, is the only true answer
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

Ack!! Tell The Truth

THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH A MAN SHAVING HIS BODY!

And if your mother asks you again, ask her, "Why would you ask a question like that".

Your response should always be, the truth, "I shave because I want to!"

If you choose to go into more detail, that's up to you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Silver Member
    Are you of legal age? Don't know of any law stating you cannot shave your legs. They're your legs, it's your body! Do what you enjoy!
    Chari

hey its your hair shave it if you want.

carrilee

I keep my legs shaved all the time one of my granddaughters friend asked Do you save your legs gandpa I just told her sometimes and that was that
    Angie

It can be annoying when people just blurt stuff out like that and it takes you off guard.

For the past few days I've been shaving my arms for the first time ever. I thinned out the hair a bit each day and this morning I said to hell with this and shaved it all off. Nobody noticed yet and if they do I'll just say I felt like it. My arms weren't really hairy, just enough to be annoying. Nobody said boo when I shaved off my mustache last week. hehe.
    Weeeeeeee

The truth is...

as many of us know, nobody cares, or notices, or says anything, because they are polite or know it's none of their business. Since I have never been asked, I don't know what answer to suggest... but if someone asked me, I would just say that I like it this way and that should be that.

Valerie

What about:

"When I shaved my legs I liked it and so I'm going to keep them shaved, OK ?"

T-Girl and here to stay!! Rosaliy Lynne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ðarissa View Post
    It can be annoying when people just blurt stuff out like that and it takes you off guard.

For the past few days I've been shaving my arms for the first time ever. I thinned out the hair a bit each day and this morning I said to hell with this and shaved it all off. Nobody noticed yet and if they do I'll just say I felt like it. My arms weren't really hairy, just enough to be annoying. Nobody said boo when I shaved off my mustache last week. hehe.
    The truth: I like the feel of it. I shave my entire body EXCEPT for my arms. I did find something that works well for arms and hands and I use it on my forearms and hands. It is Lavendar SPA WAX Hair Removal Kit from Sally Hansen. I got my kit at CVS I think. You heat the wax in the microwave and it really works well. The lavendar old helps remove the residual wax you may have left behind and also helps smooth and moisturize your skin afterwards. The effect is less hair for up to 7 weeks or so vs shaving.

Quote Originally Posted by Valerie View Post
    as many of us know, nobody cares, or notices, or says anything, because they are polite or know it's none of their business. Since I have never been asked, I don't know what answer to suggest... but if someone asked me, I would just say that I like it this way and that should be that.

Valerie
    hear hear !!!!
    Rosaliy Lynne
    We are who we are. We become what we must.
    http://rosaliylynne.com/

Yeah Rosaliy Lynne I gotta get me some of that stuff. Never tried it before and I have a big shopping list now.
    Weeeeeeee

Blushing June '07 Bride Sheri 4242's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Melissa Davis View Post
    This is just me but, I am starting to care less and less of what ppl think.
    Me, too!!! You reach a certain point in life where you can either keep the status quo, or you can reach for new levels of personal freedom and expression. For way too many years I was deep in the closet, living a life of fear and guilt -- so much so that I probably wouldn't even have participated in a forum like this, much less show my face in an avatar photo. But, that's not living -- it is merely existing!!! That's not acknowledging and accepting yourself -- to yourself, first and foremost!!! Perhaps the levels may need to be "personally adjusted" to account for that which is important outside of your own individual sphere -- which is part of being a spouse, parent, friend -- but I am a better person, spouse, parent, friend when my true personna has found new levels of freedom to be who and what I am!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa Davis View Post
    When I get back into boy mode after dressing up, I take off all the makeup I can and I usually wear strickly guy stuff. Beyond that, if someone sees my leftover mascarra or any makeup I might have missed, or even my shaved legs I don't care.
    I relate to this!!! It often depends on where I am -- the company, setting, etc. -- but I have done the same about makeup. Heck, when I travel -- and even at home at times -- I'll wear, for example, a touch of eyeshadow (or leave a bit of eyeliner, or put on a muted lipstick) even though I may be going out d.r.a.b. I am certain a touch of glitter gets noticed from time to time, but nobody has ever said a word -- save my wife who gets a kick out of it!!! (((Her: "I married one crazy person." Me: "Would you have it any other way?" Her: "Nope! Would never want it any other way.")))

The bottom line: most people don't even notice -- or if they do, don't say a thing!!! My legs are shaved and nobody has ever said a word!!!

AS AN ASIDE: it amazes me how a few gg's get really upset about the CDer shaving 00 yet these same gg's (not all, but I'd say more than half) "drool" over the chipendale's!!! (Or body builders, or swimmers, or football players, or divers, or tennis players -- etc., etc., etc. -- who regularly shave!!!)

One thing I have learned is that life should be about balance. I shave my legs and arm pits 365. I shave my arms and chest during warm/hot weather (and for special events when my clothing dictates). This said, I have a small patch of hair on my lower back that (((*blushing -- greatly blushing*))) my wife really loves -- says it is quite appealing to her. So, I leave that alone! She gets/I get -- the camp is happy!!!
    [SIZE="4"]Sheri[/SIZE]

How embarassing!

A lot of cyclists shave their legs because the hair takes heat out of them with the wind blowing on them and it makes an awful mess with road rash from crashing. You could take up cycling and then you are covered... and it does wonders for leg and butt toning.

I get rid of as much body hair as possible and if anyone asks me I tell them it's because I overheat really badly at work if I don't, which is also true.

Quote Originally Posted by xxx.sabrina View Post
    How embarassing!

A lot of cyclists shave their legs because the hair takes heat out of them with the wind blowing on them and it makes an awful mess with road rash from crashing. You could take up cycling and then you are covered... and it does wonders for leg and butt toning.

I get rid of as much body hair as possible and if anyone asks me I tell them it's because I overheat really badly at work if I don't, which is also true.
    I don't know how ya'll can say that it is cooler to not have the hair. I'm a runner and I have shaved my legs and chest a few times. Both summer and winter. In the summer I felt more at risk of overheating since the hair pulls the sweat away from my body and without the hair it just clings to my skin. And in the winter, I needed another layer of clothes to stay warm since the hair adds an extra layer of dead air space (insulation). All that being said, I am a very hairy beast yet I would prefer to not have any body hair. It's just not practical for me to shave all the time.
    If clothes make the man, I must not be one.

If men are from Mars and women are from Venus, I am definitely from Earth. Somewhere in the middle.

Originally posted by Inna
    If you find your self in pain, yet not able to stop the pursuit, rest assured, you are on the right path
    You may call me Dana B