Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the womans bathroom

the womans bathroom

Hi I've been going out in public dressed for about 5 years.I have only ever had one serious incident related to using the womens bathroom.Does anyone know what the legalities of this are?what is the proper way to deal with this not so little problem? what do you yourself do?I don't wish to offend.

I have been going out for some while and i use ladies loo's. In the uk it is not ileagle to use the ladies toilets however your intentions to use the loo must be plain. You best not to hang around (do the loo wash hands and re-apply make up streighten skirt then out). most women will at at worst smile at you, some however will see you a disgusting person. wey hey!
    If you use the male toilet you could be asking for trouble. Even though not Ileagle to use male the toilet when dressed the person you may come accross whilst in there may see it different and may take the law into there own hands.

In the USA it may be different can any one say.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

little boys?/ little girls?

if ann landers said 'use the ladies', thats good enough for me! except i only go out at halloween, and then i dont think it matters. dont draw attention to yourself is a good rule of thumb. god bless all you girls who have the balls to go out in public.

Full time RVer, so varies. Home base Nevada
    Getting ready to go out for the first time so I was also wondering about restroom use. I couldn't see going into the boys when dressed and figured the ladies would be the much better choice. Correct or not?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've been out dozens and dozens of times and I use the ladies room all the time. I haven't had any issues whatsover, since I dress appropriately and present myself (mannerisms, walk, etc.) very well.
    I've been in restooms when they're very busy, but nobody blinks an eye or gives me any strange looks.
    When I go in, I do my thing (always sitting down), and when I'm done I check myself and touch up my makeup, if I have time.
    I usually I try to get the largest stall where it has its own sink so I can check myself at my own privacy.

In the U.S., more places are starting to have family restrooms, or unisex, so if you're not comfortable going into a women's bathroom then you can go in these places.
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

I don't even understand the necessity for separate restrooms anyways. Just have one big resroom with little booths where you do your business and a common sink area to wash hands. Would that be so hard?

If I'm out... I'm going for the men's room. Whatever.

Helloooooooo! Don't the GGs derserve to have some private space somewhere? Do you ever see them in the men's room? I've never even seen an FtM in the men's room.

The largest stall is supposed to be for the handicapped folks who need it.
    that I am !!!

aside issue

architects rarely allow enough bathroom space for ladies anyway. In theatres it is a disgrace, women may be twenty in a line, men two or three.

In Oregon, they've recently passed a transgender inclusive nondiscrimination law. It takes affect January 1, 2008.

There are several jurisdiction in Oregon that already have transgender inclusive nondiscrimination laws, including Multnomah County and some of Portland.

So, I'd say it was pretty safe to use the ladies restroom if you are dressed as a woman.
    Last edited by DonnaT; 10-17-2007 at 12:49 PM.
    DonnaT

When I started going out in public last year, I looked up what the laws were for Dallas and the surrounding area. It turns out that Dallas and Dallas county both have laws that state that one may use the restroom of the sex that the person is presenting as. Thus if I am out en fem, I have the legal right to use the ladies restroom anywhere in the city of Dallas or Dallas county. Then too I would stand out if I used the Men's room dressed as a woman. At least I know what to do, I grew up in a household of women, so learned at an early age that it was easier to sit to pee than to stand. Also I did not get yelled at either. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Lawren View Post
    Helloooooooo! Don't the GGs derserve to have some private space somewhere? Do you ever see them in the men's room? I've never even seen an FtM in the men's room.
    I dont recall ever seeing any FtM in the Mens room. However there have been a couple of times when women will use the mens restroom beacause the ladies room has a long line to use it or something like that. Do GG's derserve some private space? of course.. Its just MtF crossdressers deserve to be able to use the restroom without fear of physical injury.
    New facebook page feel free to add me as a friend. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...00003349942987

I have seen pictures of FtM and many will blend in so well that I would have a very hard time spotting one. One picture was of a FtM that had transistion. If I did not know, looking at this picture of a man with a beard and stash, I would have never known.
    So next time your in a public men's room, the guy next to you may well be a FtM.

I have accidently once ventured into the ladies by accident while in drab , but i thnik its more of a semi concious error !
    Be part of the solution
    Not the problem

I think we're legal here in New York. As for me, I use the non-gender if one is available like in Target stores. If not I use the ladies room.
    Kisses, Linda

Lawren not to create a problem but I too have seen women in mens restrooms
    on more then one occasion and had to explain it to my 2 year old that didn't
    understand mommy having to wait in line.
    Staying in the closet isn't so bad as long as you know why your in there.

I was told that it was illegal for a man (even a crossdresser or a pre-op transsexual) to use the ladies room. I searched the California Penal Code and was unable to find anything specific. I will keep checking.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

i dont know where you are located but the laws differ from state ato state and province to province, all i can say is if it was me, i'd use the ladies room when dressed, and the mens room when in drab. if there is a unisex toilet available, i would certainly use that over a gender specific one. most law enforcment agencies would let you off with a warning if anyone complained, but proceed with caution anyway.

Semi Sane innocent angel
    Quote Originally Posted by trannie T View Post
    I was told that it was illegal for a man (even a crossdresser or a pre-op transsexual) to use the ladies room. I searched the California Penal Code and was unable to find anything specific. I will keep checking.
    Hello California has trangender laws. Its legal for mtf trans folk to use the bath room.

Lawren you have never seen an ftm use the mens bathroom come out to Cali and i can show you that they do. I will never use the mens bathroom dressed thats asking for trouble

thanks to all

Thanks for the comments!! You mostly seem to support my feeling that the womens room is the best choice. I suppose thats what I really wanted to hear. Barb

I've seen GG's in mens rooms many times. Usually in older places built when the planners didn't realize they need more capacity in the Womens loo.. very funny in Vegas last winter after a show. A women sails through the mens after a show to a stall. says sorry fella's . the ladies has a line down the hall and I can't wait. Everyone just chuckled. I agree with the unisex idea

The dance club I frequent DC has bathrooms clearly labeled "MENS" and "WOMENS." My first time out was last year at this particular establishment, and I almost panicked when I realized that after a couple of Coronas, nature was calling. I watched the doors. Before long I was relieved (both mentally and physically) when I saw guys going in the ladies room and vice versa. So when I'm out there, I always use the less crowded one.

I always use the ladies room when presenting as a woman. I've never had any problems doing so.

My main hang-out used to be a women's bar, I always used the men's room there, and there were always lots of females in there.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

Aspiring Member Cindi Ann Kelly's Avatar
    If you can pass as a woman, use the women's.

cindi ann