Last night Jean and I had a friend over for shrimp and crab legs (king). This friend has been my best friend for about 35 years.
Jean has been wanting to tell him about me. I have said that I believe that he already knew. On one occasion over ten years ago, he and I were riding somewhere and he asked me if I had lipstick on. I had used a red that morning and it was one that did not come off very easily. Well, I just said," are you surprised?" He only said that he wondered what the two holes meant. He was refering to both of my ears being pierced.
Now, I know this guy pretty well, and he has never said anything about that ever again.
While I was in the kitchen doing my thing, Jean told him about me. I asked her what was his reaction. "He just said OK". I told her that even though he knows about my dressing and doesn't have a problem with it, he probably doesn't care to see me in action.
I have told other friends and have no problems with poeple knowing, but I don't think that it is necessary to tell just to be telling.
Don't get me wrong. I am in no way angry at Jean.
What do you think about this type of situation?