Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Using a male credit card en-femme

Using a male credit card en-femme

I've seen several posts where other girls have mentioned that they've bought something using their credit card whilst en-femme. - But isn't it the case that the Sales Assistants don't seem to check the name on the card, but only make sure that the signature is the same and that the expiry date hasn't passed?

My wife and I only have one credit card and it's in her name. My experience while using it in male mode is that they not only don't check the signature(hers isn't even signed) but they don't even bother to check that a man is using a card with a woman's name on it.

If you want a good laugh, take a look at this site about credit card signatures:
    http://www.zug.com/pranks/credit/
    Last edited by cdlaura2007; 10-27-2007 at 01:42 AM.

Sometimes and unfortunatly i think they are so busy they dont do the correct checks ! and i speak from experiance
    Be part of the solution
    Not the problem

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    Hi Suzy

I've used my credit cards en femme very regularly without any difficulty. I suspect it is one advantage of not passing as the SA is not surprised with a male name.

I's like to get a credit card with my femme name but don't know how.

Michelle (Oz)

Suzy,
    I took care of that problem all I did was call my credit card company and had a card sent to me with my femme name on it. All they said to me is that with an authorized user I would be responsible for any charges that were made. About 5 days later i had a card
    Hope this may help
    Brenda

I do this a LOT and have never had a problem. No, I wouldn't claim that they have no interest in the name on the card. In fact using your card may test your confidence as they will often ask for your ID as well. It doesn't make a hell of a lot of sense as you probably aren't going to look at all like the ID pic, but they are supposed to ask and often do.

I agree with Kimberly. I use my credit cards often while enfemme and many times I am indeed asked to show my I.D. Most SA's look at the I.D. and move on. I don't know if they actually read anything or not, but were I in their shoes, I would probably at least be comparing last names and probably the full name. I have had a few tell me that they needed my I.D. not my husbands, now that's always a nice moment.

Lately though, many merchants use the little card swiper that the customer uses, and when that's the case, they rarely ask to see any I.D. If I'm using a debit card where I have to enter a PIN, they have never asked for I.D.

Jenna
    Last edited by Jenna1561; 10-27-2007 at 10:59 AM. Reason: spelling
    [SIZE="2"]There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved. - George Sand[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I would like to hear more from everyone on this. I have never used mine wile in fem. It sure would be nice if I could use it, without much hassle that is.
    keep on gurlin everyone. paula may

Yeah for Chip and pin!

name on credit card

One time while shopping in Macy's at the MOA I picked out a scent to try. I gave the clerk my card and after checking it she Said, I didn't realize you were a man until I read your name on the card. After that occasion i made certain I always looked for her when I needed assistance. Some really do look at the name on the card
    carol

In the past, I've used my wife's card (in drab) without any notice from the clerks and she has used mine. I've heard of some people who put "see other identification" in the signature block of the cards and the clerks never ask. I don't think they really pay any attention.

Reminds me of a story where the plant manager at a defense plant had a phoney ID made up with a picture of a bull moose on it. Security passed him through....and he really raised h... for their laxity.

Patti
    Last edited by Patti Girl; 10-27-2007 at 02:07 PM.

I think this is really more about our level of comfort, than anything..

Are you expecting people to all gather around and stare and laugh at 'the tranny'??

They just want your money - (hopefully) if you don't smell bad, or scare the other customers away, then THEY DON'T CARE.

If you're that worried about passing then, I fear, other things are much more likely to make people twig you? And if they do notice, like Carol Anne above, IME they're more likely to be impressed than anything else?
    Last edited by Nicki B; 10-27-2007 at 01:29 PM.
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Boo-Hoo

I'm always enfemme, to some degree or other. Unfortunately, my CC is in my male name. I often get a surprised look from the cashier, when they see a male name on the card. They usually hesitate, then say, "Have a nice day, sir."
    I would like to feel that I was "passing" up till that point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well girls, I've learned a long time ago on another board that if you use initials you need not worry about much. What I'm trying to say is I go enfeme as Diana Eileen. My real male name are the same initials. So all my credit cards and bank checks have D.E. and my last name on them. Makes it a whole lot easier. Makes for having femmy checks too.
    Best Wishes Always,
    Diannna

" A Friend is someone, who knows all about you,
    and likes you anyway " (Aut. Unknown)

Once a Girl,always a Girl Dita_B's Avatar
    New Westminster, a city within the city of Vancouver, BC, Canada

Male C/C check?

I use my (male) credit card all the time while out en-femme. I was asked only once for additional ID and at that time the SA only looked briefly at my drivers license and gave it back without missing a beat or saying a word...

All the other times my male credit card was accepted without a hitch.

You could easily avoid the confusion by applying for a complimentary card with your femme name on it. Your bank will send it without any questions and without any costs.

BUT, it will make for confusion when your use your femme card and have to show additional picture ID...

I, for one, stay with the status quo.

I also use my c/c at the gas station, but I cheat in so far that I chose those gas stations that have the "quick pay" option. You stick your card into the slot in the pump and no further ID nor signature is required...

At least that is the situation here in Canada. During my last trip to the US someone told me that pumping gas yourself is not allowed in the US. So you're out of luck there if that is true...

Dita.

Pumping gas yourself

is allowed at almost everywhere in the US as far as I know. I have never heard of it not being allowed. I live in Mn and everybody does it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dita_B View Post
    I use my (male) credit card all the time while out en-femme. I was asked only once for additional ID and at that time the SA only looked briefly at my drivers license and gave it back without missing a beat or saying a word...

All the other times my male credit card was accepted without a hitch.

You could easily avoid the confusion by applying for a complimentary card with your femme name on it. Your bank will send it witho

and without any costs.

BUT, it will make for confusion when your use your femme card and have to show additional picture ID...

I, for one, stay with the status quo.

I also use my c/c at the gas station, but I cheat in so far that I chose those gas stations that have the "quick pay" option. You stick your card into the slot in the pump and no further ID nor signature is required...

At least that is the situation here in Canada. During my last trip to the US someone told me that pumping gas yourself is not allowed in the US. So you're out of luck there if that is true...

Dita.

Blushing June '07 Bride Sheri 4242's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dita_B View Post
    During my last trip to the US someone told me that pumping gas yourself is not allowed in the US. So you're out of luck there if that is true... Dita.
    Nope, not true in the U.S., Dita!!! In fact, it is "difficult-to-impossible" to find places where they will pump the gas for you in the States.
    [SIZE="4"]Sheri[/SIZE]

Exclamation

In Oregon it is against the law to pump your own gas. Every gas station has attendants to pump it for you. Makes it nice during the winter when it is blowing and cold outside and it gives people jobs too. I believe there is one state out East somewhere that is like this also.

Once a Girl,always a Girl Dita_B's Avatar
    New Westminster, a city within the city of Vancouver, BC, Canada

Oregon eh?

Well thank you Denise Anne... It was actually in Oregon that I was told pumping gas yourself was against the law... Hence my confusion that it was prohibited all over the US...

Sorry about that...

However, the gas station attendants in Oregon never missed a beat accepting a male credit card from the female (me) in the driver's seat!

Dita.

Read this

I had read this a while ago but it should shed some light on just how much people pay attention to the credit card you are using.

http://www.zug.com/pranks/credit/

Cynthia
    Be Yourself, And Be Fabulous While Doing it!

No problem for me at home or away, well, if you discount the girl at Wendy's today She handed my credit card back with "your card, um, ma'am".

Kassandra

I've been out to restaurants "en femme" and paid with my credit card with my male's first name. I had no problem with it.

I think that at a rather close distance the waiter or the waitress can see that you are a male...

Actually, as a precaution, I carry an ID card that is my membership card of the ABC (Association Beaumont Continental : a french CD organisation similar to TRI-ESS). On that card there are two sides: one with a picture of me "en femme" on the other side a picture of me "in drab".

But so far I never had to use that card.

Eugenie

Hi Suzy,

You got me thinking.
    I think we should think of the opposite when paying using our credit cards. In that, I mean, appearing to the SA that we are the girl spending her man's, SO's, boyfriend's, or husband's money. hee hee!
    If we just treat it that way, then from the SA or cashier's point-of-view they would just assume that is so and so that's why they wouldn't be surprised.
    If you can think of it in that perspective, then things should be fine.

It's just a thought.

Hugs!
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

No problem as of yet.

I checked into a hotel with a credit card and male id while in full Stacie mode. The girl at the front desk didnt even bat her lashes and checked me in without any problems.