Thread: Crossdressing in Japan

Crossdressing in Japan

I have started learning Japanese. Once I gain fluency, I hope to travel to Japan, possibly for an extended stay.

I'm wondering whether anyone on this form, can tell me about life in Japan for a crossdresser.

Lynn

Platinum Member
    you can look here.....http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...=Google+Search ..............

Banned Read only
    It's quite accepted in general society and looked up to as an art form in theatre. The americanized areas like Okinawa aren't as great though.

In Harijuku (Tokyo) there are lots of guys dressed in fem items or entirely. I love it there.

anata wa, nihon go ga wakarimasu ka? watashi wa scoshi hanashimasu.

Cassie desu

Mrs Peel, We're needed jennifer41356's Avatar
    Its a great place, in the bigger cities such as Osaka and Tokyo, there are a lot of little bars owned by CD's for the tgirls, they are usually a one room bar with maybe 15-20 seats, men pay by the hour to stay and tgirls can stay as long as they want. you usually buy a bottle of booze and they put your name on it and when you go to the bar they pour the drinks from that bottle

When i went to visit a few yrs ago (I had lived in Hiroshima)
    I had met 2 Japanese tgirls on the net and went to visit them, we went everywhere as girls and had no problems. i even went to Disneyland as a girl, that was sooo fun

the Japanese respect people space and tend not to pry.I saw a very unpassable tgirl in Tokyo crossing the street at 5pm in Tokyo and a few people snickered to one another but no one said anything or made ann loud remarks

I want to go back again, and hope to in a year or so. I love Japan, it is a fun place to visit

I spent some time in Japan. I always thought the women there were gorgeous. Hmmmm. Dressed as a Geisha. Yup. I could dig it.
    Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right.

Japan is the only country that I know of that has or did have a Reality TV Show where the contestants had to CD. The judges did not know the contestant was a CD and only found out at the end of the show after the votes had been casted. I have seen some episodes on UTube.

Japan is awesome and I always wanted to visit the country. I always liked things like Japanese architecture, art, music and of course clothing. Also the women are gorgeous and the Japanese have a great sense of humor. It must be a great place to visit or to live in.

It doesn't surprise me that they're more accepting of CD'ing.
    Weeeeeeee

Been there in the military and civillian life

It's quite accepted in general society and looked up to as an art form in theatre which goes back many many years. You will be accepted there I believe with no problem as there are many establishments there that are owned and operated by CDMs. another place is thailand which is really heavy with CDMs. You can even see a lot of the CDMs on Youtube.com Joann

BTW Lynn what I can see from your photo you will have no problem, also a lot of SRS is done ther.

Thanks for the replies

Thanks to everyone who took time to reply to my post. I am so grateful for this forum.

Lynn

hey girls hope you dont mind me posting in here.
    My parents lived in Japan from 4 years ago until July this year, although i wasnt out as an FtM whilst i was there, i did go and visit Japan at least once a year for those 4 years. They lived in Tokyo which is a very lively place.
    To me, Tokyo felt like a pretty open place, i saw a lot of differenct characters whilst I was out there, although Japan is renouned for hard work and i think in a sense a somewhat serious and formal manor i found it to be that those who were not at work that day were very much different to expectations (i hope this is making some sort of sense).
    Anyway, basically what im trying to say is I think that crossdressing in Japan will be seen in a very accepting way, so long as it is the mainland cities.. im sure there are many people out there who do just as you girls do!
    In Tokyo there is a very lively happening area, though i apologise i cant think of what it is called! Its sort of like the Japanese version of 'the village' in NYC.. lots of cool shops, fetish shops that sort of thing... many great people there..plus i know that the Japanese love to dress up..
    Hope this is of some help
    [SIZE="2"]Life is so strange
    When you don't know
    How can you tell
    Where you're going to
    You can't be sure
    Of any situation
    Something can change
    Then you won't know
    You ask yourself
    Where do we go from here
    It seems so all too near
    Just as far beyond as I can see
    I still don't know what this all means to me
    [/SIZE]

smashing pumpkins - Destination Unknown

I actually found a website from Japan called Salon Bambina. They do transformations for japanese cd's. It looks like an amazing place. The cd's in the pictures are really beautuful and best of all (for me anyway) they'll even photograph you in shibari bondage! The URL is: http://bbn.girly.jp/menu.html
    -Audrey
    Last edited by Audrey34; 10-30-2007 at 06:59 PM.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I'm not an expert but there seems to be a strong crossdressing overtone in various computer games and Anime .... all of course have Japanese orgins. To my mind, CDing in Japan is cool!
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

http://www.jpophouse.com/cure/subscription.html

Can be found at hottopic sometimes I believe. All in japanese, but it's for the pictures anyway. Gives you some perspective on the Visual Kei style of bands there. Downside is self-esteem issues. (they so cute!)

Blushing June '07 Bride Sheri 4242's Avatar
    Although I cannot speak from first-hand experience, everything I have read and seen indicates that what you are being told is quite true. Japan is an open and tolerant society, even though they still have great respect for the old and traditional.
    [SIZE="4"]Sheri[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by CassieJ View Post
    In Harijuku (Tokyo) there are lots of guys dressed in fem items or entirely. I love it there.

anata wa, nihon go ga wakarimasu ka? watashi wa scoshi hanashimasu.

Cassie desu
    I personally have heard really great stories about Japan... watashi no girlfriend wa nihon-jin desu. watashi mo nihongo ga sukoshi dekimasu. Cross-dressing ga jyozu desu!

that's about it,
    ja-mata!