Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Women arent daft ..

Quote Originally Posted by Mirani View Post
    tho men did come in for some slating! .. and I joined in ...
    For those of us across the pond, what is slating?

slating = the opposite of praise! ... criticism ...
    Mirani - [meer-rahn-nee] Beauty to Behold; to "See" beauty

woman arent daft , sorry ladies the man bit of me is laughing !!
    Be part of the solution
    Not the problem

Oh bless them, wish I knew such girls.
    Have faith. I don't mean faith in gods or governments, prophets or pundits. Have faith in yourself, in what you can do and what you know to be right. What you need is inside yourself, you can not find it in a book or the words of another, it may be hardest to find it there but if you look, find it you will!

My Flickr page http://www.flickr.com/photos/mariannaj

All I can say is

(Standing ovation)
    Carin

I have gone on a journey in search if myself. If you find me before I return, please hold on to me until I get back.
    Telling our Children

I'm going to die.

Hi Mirani.

If envy is one of the 7 deadly sins, I'm dead. Your life is my fairytale come true. Congrats.

Love ya.
    Denise Barrett

Friday 9th

I am SO tired. All the emotional energy I have uaed up has left me wiped out.

A full and busy day with passing references to yesterday every now and again - but we got on with our work, tho' there was a definite lightness.

I have come home, painted my nails, brushed my hair, put on some lippy and wearing slacks and a top.

Drinking a glass of red and cooking a spaghetti bolgnaise (enough for tomorrow too).

I am going to lay out some candles in the bathroom and have a long lazing bath after supper. Then put on my PJ's and snuggle up on the sofa and watch some TV. Probably with another glass of red.

Not sure what to do tomorrow, but feel like staying femme, tho not sure whether I wil go out.

Just had a phone call from Mandy (thats my business partner)

"Fancy going shopping tomorrow? I need some new boots."

Me "Who are you asking?"

Mandy "Dont mind, up to you, whatever you like. We can do some shopping and have a coffee. If you want to try things on, you had better be Mirani tho."

Me "I'll come shopping, that will be nice, but can I make my mind up tomorrow?"
    Mandy "No probs"

Actually, I think I have decided already. I hate turning down any chances so its sensible shoes tomorrow.

I have dreamt of this - I moved to Brighton 6 years ago because of its "Rainbow" community. I have been to quite a few Trannie friendly pubs/clubs and restaurants, but not really integrated as Mirani into "ordinary" life.

I am going to text Mandy to tell her that her girlfriend is coming tomorrow!

I'll never sleep tonight.

Fearlessly Independent RebeccaLynne's Avatar
    Didn't take any arm-twisting by Mandy to convince you, did it, Mirani? Of course not! No girl in her right mind could pass up such an enticing offer. Time to reap the benefits of your partner's acceptance. All of us should be so lucky!
    Of course you must go as Mirani. You wouldn't want her to have to try on clothes all by herself now, right?
    And I really think you should treat her to lunch in appreciation.
    Next time's on her!

Just had a text back "Good Girl, wear something easy to take off and put on, we might be some time in the changing rooms, C U tomorrow xx"

OMG .. I have never done the "changing room" thing .. I hope I dont drop my boobs on the floor!!!!!!

Now I certainly wont sleep tonight.

Junior Member myhubbycrosdressesGG's Avatar

nope we arent daft!

LOL i have known that my DH has CDed for a long time... i would see eyeliner and mention it he whould tell me it was dirt lol. i finally told him that i wasnt stupid.. and that i dont mind at all.... at least i know where my clothes are going !!(we wear the same sizes lol) now i paint his nails (fingers and toes both) and he does mine! kudos to your gal pals!
    wish upon a star..................

*new profile pic the one time that i had a friend do my hair and makeup, first time in a long time that i felt pretty life as a GG love it!

Its 1.40am .. I knew I wouldnt be able to sleep!

Women Rule!

In the paved over air-conditioned desert.

Well...

Quote Originally Posted by Mirani View Post
    Its 1.40am .. I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep!
    ...thats what concealer was invented for...

Get some sleep or you will possibly quite literally shop till you drop tomorrow.

Shopping with a GG for cover is great. The biggest problem I have with shopping with Dee is I forget to be discreet..I yell over two aisles when she holds up a skirt or something..."No, I have one like that already!"
    Vincent Vega: Well, I confess that I wait to talk, but I am trying to learn to listen. (paraphrased)

Barbara's Blog

Mirani, all I can say is don't click your heels together or you may find yourself somewhere other than Oz.

As others have said, you're living the dream many of us have. It appears the trepidation you felt earlier has passed, or at least lessened. I trust things continue to go well for you.

-Paula-
    "Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self." - Wizard's Tenth Rule:
    "Life is the future, not the past." - Wizard's Seventh Rule
    "Deserve victory." - Wizard's Eighth Rule
    "Be justified in your convictions. Be completely committed. Earn what you want and need rather than waiting for others to give you what you desire."

There is just one life for each of us: our own - Words from a fortune cookie

Do or Do Not. There is no try - Yoda

Two chukkie eggs for breakfast and I am starting my "getting ready" processes.

I'm glad I did my nails last night.

Have to be "out" by 11. Mandy is coming to collect me.

I am actually feeling quite calm (to my surprise).

Catch you later.

Can't wait to hear the report and what you came home with. You are too cute Mirani

Mirani, the adventures seem to get better and better. I regularly check your posts on this thread. Touches me everytime I read of such accepting girls and all the fun you are having without in any way affecting your working relationships.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    I want to say congrats and such. I'm happy for you that it is going so well. More than that I want to say,

"THANK YOU FOR SHARING!"

Hugs - Genifer

Public apology to Marani

I wish to apologize to Marani for calling her a chicken and in my latter reply my feelings were hurt i felt chastised for supporting you . And i was upset that it wasn't taken the correct way and reacted without thinking.......

Marani i would never call anyone a coward and i am sorry you relate chicken with cowardice's

i am happy everything is working out for you . i do wish you the very best
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I too am eating heartily at the envy-fest. Please be having a good time -it's so good to think that something like this can actually happen!

The adventures of Mirani! Has sort of a nice ring to it doesn't it?

Mirani, this is a wonderful story. To be honest, it took me several days to decide to read this thread because of the title. I'm so glad I did. Once I started I couldn't stop. As Kimberly said, you are doing wonderful things for the TG community. I don't mean by beating drums or attracting attention. I mean just by being accepted by your friends and coworkers.

It also gives members here hope that we can all be accepted. A similar thing happened to me several years ago. A group of (girl) friends decided they wanted to take me out on my birthday. With their encouragement, I accepted. It was a life changing event for me. It gave me freedom. Things have never been the same since that night. I am free to be who I choose. It sounds like you're keeping your heels planted firmly on the ground. I know it was a wise and liberating choice.

Blog continued

Neat weekend
    Not sure where to start ... we were out for 4 hours ..... shoes, bras,skirts, dresses ... Mandy took me in hand and it was like having a personal shopper.

We spent ages in Debemhams and then Next .. OMG .. Next have SO many stunning clothes.
    This is what I bought
    http://www.next.co.uk/shopping/women/goingout/25/4

I tried on so many shoes ... but I was very good and didnt buy any. At about 3pm we were ready to drop.

We have known each other for years but never before spent time together like this. I havent laughed so much in ages. I dont have a girly laugh and when I got stuck in a dress (way too small) in Debenhams, I am afraid that my manly guffaws gave me away all to easily.

Mandy suggested that we go to The Candy Bar that night - I wasnt too sure as it is a Lesbian club and I wouldnt want to offend anyone - perhaps another night.

I had to go home as I had lots of things to do. She came in for a "quick" coffee and stayed for 2 hours. !!!!! I was perhaps to blame as I showed her my wardrobe.

I got a text later thanking ME for a fun day. I should have been thanking her.

Today I went horseriding (male mode) had lunch on my own, and stripped my bedroom on an impulse. Broke one nail. Then out to the launderette to dry my washing (bed clothes).

I fell asleep wathing TV and now cant get to sleep.

Here's to tomorrow.
    G'dnight.

MIrani, that dress looks absolutely wonderful and probably feels even better to wear. Now you are going to have to wear it on the next girls night out, aren't you?

I'm so happy for you!! Your joy and thrill at being accepted in toto is more than evident in your posts and you manage to put a smile on my face with every post you make. Take care and keep us posted hun...thanks for sharing

Sonia

It's been brill following your adventures - what a star you are and what great friends. I would love to have a real girl to go shopping with (sigh) - must be so much fun. And I agree, Next have got some fab clothes at the moment - I could (and do) spend a fortune there!

mitch