Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you like yourself?

Me, Myself & Rachael Rachaelb64's Avatar

Do you like yourself?

Somebody asked my this, I automatically said 'yes'. But thinking about there are probably somethings about myself I find less dersirable.

The lying I did for 15yrs to my ex-wife is one. The lying to myself is another. A couple of other things as well.

So as the song goes 'Regrets, I have A few'. If I could go back to when Iwas say 18, with my experence still with me, I would do things differently, be more open and honest for one.

So I suppose my best answer to the question is, 'I'm at peace with myself'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Life is to short so enjoy it to the full

:

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Today is a good day to Dress!

I like myself.. Always have and always will.. And I have no regrets. Don't need any "Do Overs". Just enjoying my life ..... Lives.... As they unfold....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

You want an honest reply...right? Okay.........here goes. I don't like myself (at all) but for much larger issues, none of which have to do with crossdressing. Would I do things differently if I could go back in time? You better believe it. However, the love from and for my daughter sustains me and that is something I would never change.

Good question, by the way.

I spent......

When I first discovered I was different I hated myself for what I was.

That hate lasted until I met my wife. She helped me to accept that what I was was not bad, disgusting or wrong.

I have at least learned to accept myself
    Be Yourself, And Be Fabulous While Doing it!

In the closet - for now. Shadeauxmarie's Avatar
    I am somewhat of a narcissist. BUT, there are some spots I'd like to do over.

Too many times I hurt my wife. Too many times I hurt family members. They say you always hurt the ones you love.

The time when I was 12 and refused to give up my window seat on the plane. To a man who offered me $1. He was on his way to Vietnam.

I have cried about that one.
    May you live long and prosper.
    Infinite diversity in infinite combinations.
    "Smiling makes my face ache." F. N. Furter

Hmmm

Without getting too complicated, I would say that I like myself, regardless of the fact that there are so many things that I can and could have done better.
    What I mean is, that when I am unhappy with something in my behavior, I try to fix it, but I don't let it get me down.

Well in my case Rachael it doesn't matter much because I'm stuck with myself, like it or lump it. I have improved though. What I like most about myself now is that I have learned to care about others and not just Numero Uno. I have become more accepting of others for who they are as people and respect them as such. I have turned a perceived disadvantage (crossdressing) into something that works for me and is an asset rather than a liability. By understanding myself more, I can understand others better and where they are coming from. My goal is always to do something value added even if it is a small thing.I didn't like myself much in the past but do I like what I've become? I guess but I'm always looking for ways to improve.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by Rachaelb64 View Post
    Somebody asked my this, I automatically said 'yes'. But thinking about there are probably somethings about myself I find less dersirable.

The lying I did for 15yrs to my ex-wife is one. The lying to myself is another. A couple of other things as well.

So as the song goes 'Regrets, I have A few'. If I could go back to when Iwas say 18, with my experence still with me, I would do things differently, be more open and honest for one.

So I suppose my best answer to the question is, 'I'm at peace with myself'
    Rachael,
    I love myself, not just like myself. I too have regrets but that is a human thing to do. I think it's important to learn to forgive ourselves and learn from our mistakes. Please don't let being human stand in your way of liking/loving yourself.
    We all are human and make mistake but that doesn't mean that we should be punished forever.
    Kris
    [SIZE="3"]
    I'm BACK..... I miss you all so much!!
    [/SIZE]

Talking So sad

Ladies,
    Everyone has things that we would like to do over, that is where, "hind site is 20/20" came from. I am surprised at the responses having so much to do with regrets.

Liking yourself is a positive thing and I thought I would read more about the qualities that we enjoy about ourselves.

I for one love that I am caring, fun, silly, outgoing, and full of beans most of the time. (no not the stinky ones )

I like that I am smart, concerned, and try to do the best I can all the time, even if I make a mistake, I do it with the best intentions. I try my hardest to be the best person that I can be.

and 's!
    Kris
    [SIZE="3"]
    I'm BACK..... I miss you all so much!!
    [/SIZE]

I like myself but wish I had done some things differently. I did some dumb stuff when I was a kid but I think because of some of that stuff I learned to be a better person.

I like that I have a crazy sense of humor and always try to be friendly and understanding towards other homo sapiens and animals. I like that I'm sensitive and a good listener and not a lot bothers me and when I get mad and pissed off I don't take it out on anybody and will go off by myself to chill out, which usually includes cursing. I like that I'm honest, open minded and caring and have a sense of honor...

I don't like that I can be lazy at times but that's no biggie.

Hehe Kris is full of beans.
    Last edited by Ðarissa; 11-02-2007 at 09:56 AM.
    Weeeeeeee

Good question

I don't think I have ever not liked myself , but I have not liked how I feel about my life/crosseressing/going to school and wroking full time/ect
    I often have to remind my slef that I am loved and when I life getting to complicated I will talk to God about it while I am driving from place to place.
    my car kind of serves a dual functioin transprotation and prayor chamber.

Sure, I like myself. I wish I had told my wife about my CDing at the beginning of our relationship, but I realize that can't be changed and why beat myself up over something that can't be changed. If I stay upbeat and happy, things go better.

Ashleigh
    [SIZE=4]~ASHLEIGH~[/SIZE]
    Finis Origine Pendet (The end depends upon the beginning)

Kris, i think that

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Ladies,
    Everyone has things that we would like to do over, that is where, "hind site is 20/20" came from. I am surprised at the responses having so much to do with regrets.

Liking yourself is a positive thing and I thought I would read more about the qualities that we enjoy about ourselves.

I for one love that I am caring, fun, silly, outgoing, and full of beans most of the time. (no not the stinky ones )

I like that I am smart, concerned, and try to do the best I can all the time, even if I make a mistake, I do it with the best intentions. I try my hardest to be the best person that I can be.

and 's!
    Kris
    Kris, I think that your comments are right on. (In general, I enjoy your posts.)
    What occurs to me, is that because this forum is the *only* place that so many of the girls here can share, it tends to bring out a bit of the "confessional" side.
    Best,
    G.

100% spoiled brat christina marie's Avatar
    always liked myself, learned alot more about loving myself after finding you girls( thanks!!!) used to have alot of regrets,but after some serious soul-searching, it dawned on me that i am in a pretty good place in my life, i have a wonderful family, lots of good friends, and enough toys to keep me happy. this was where i lost all my regrets. if anything in my life, or my past, had been different, i might not be where i am today. like Karren said,no regrets, no do-overs, just happy to see the sun come up every morning!
    "you can have this nail file when you pry it from my cold ,dead hands."

yes, i do. i have always thought, 'if you don't like yourself how are others going to like you?'

as for the past, sometimes i cringe when i think of things i have said or done in the past. but you cannot change those things so it makes no sense to dwell on them. everyone would be better off if we did things different but it is a dream.

much better to spend your time today taking little steps to make yourself a better person in the future. work on things you can change and forget about those things in the past that you cannot change.

wow, after i finished writting that I just realized that lately i have been trying to make up [with apologies and other positive gestures] for some of my mistakes of the past. i cannot change the past but i can try to make up for my mistakes one way or another... i find that some things can be mended and others can't...
    Last edited by lynn27; 11-02-2007 at 10:40 AM. Reason: added comment

Like myself, honestly , no I do not. Unfortunately, we do not get Do overs and if we choose to carry extra baggage which includes the lies, regrets , woulda shoulda plans, and more.....well the bag gets heavy and we spend way to much time looking back when we should be looking ahead.

I am lucky to have a few close friends and family that show me love and affection and choose to be around me.

This is My opinion.....we only get one shot at this and while life sucks at times, hope is always there for us to grab on to.
    Super Mod

Oh God, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

The Breton Fisherman's Prayer was engraved on a brass plaque and presented to President John F. Kennedy by US Navy Admiral Hyman Rickover.

Daintre, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Angel xx

Tamara

I like myself

I like myself as I am.My wife knows and understands.She buys most of my clothes for me.We are going out today and she wants to get me a new blouse and skirt while we are out.She even does my long hair for me,I am a very very lucky man.

Just like myself for pursuing what I had to do with my life...no regrets...no turning back......

No!

Many of you have told me differnetly but it is hard to like myself when I have put my wife throught so much grief and also when I am confussed about everything anyway.

no regrets.

well mayby one. and this is it! if I could go back and do it all over again, as soon as I would have been able to I would have made the big change (and u know what I'm talking about) and not wasted all this time living as a man! luv ya, dannie.
    Last edited by dannie lee; 11-02-2007 at 02:49 PM. Reason: cant write.

Well, it's not a question of liking in the first instance, rather of getting aware of me.
    I think I missed to do that for a long time. Now I try to.
    Synchronizing thoughts and feelings looks like it could be a lot of fun. I hope to have enough time to get some "grades" there.
    Regrets ? Well, I certainly would have done a few things differently, but I didn't know better, hence it's pointless to have regrets.
    I would regret not to learn from the past.

Yes

I like myself, love who I am and accept being a TG person. I wake up every morning and start a new day, not knowing what's going to happen or who I will meet.

I put a smile on my face and walk out the door. Some days are better than others, but I go to bed with a smile too, wondering what's in store for me tomorrow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I used to dislike myself with a vengeance..I,ve done a lot of things i regret [ not neccesarily c/d related...hanging out in a gang, fighting ,etc]. But i,m slowly coming to terms with who and what i am and realising my good points. I suppose given time i may end up liking myself ..Eventually!!
    Last edited by Deborah Jane; 11-03-2007 at 09:21 AM. Reason: added a bit

"It ain't easy bein' me!" (anonymous quote). 'Nuff said.

the "confessional" side.

wow do i like myself to be honest i would have to say no. but i still have to live with me ... i guess that says it all ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]