Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Time Trying on in a Store

First Time Trying on in a Store

Yesterday I finally got up the nerve to ask to try on some clothing
    in a store. I went to a Lane Bryant store and hoped to work up the
    courage to try something on. Unfortunately, it was fairly busy and
    I "chickened out". I did buy a lovely lavender camisole that was
    very similar to one I'd bought before. (The first one was pink.)

I went down the hall to a small lingerie store. There was only one
    clerk, an attractive lady about 25 years old, and no customers.
    When I walked in she asked if I needed some help and I told her I
    was "just looking". I spent some time looking around the store and
    she asked me a couple more times whether I needed some help. After
    about 20 minutes I'd looked at many things and picked out a garter
    belt and panties. As I looked at some camisole/tap pant sets she
    asked me if I was looking for something for my wife. I choked out a
    meek "yes". From my voice I was sure she could tell that wasn't
    true.

As I looked at the sets she occassionally looked over at me with a
    warm smile. After finding a set in pale green I walked over to her
    a weakly asked "would it be possible for me to try something on?"

"Of course," she replied, with great sincerity in her voice. I
    entered the dressing room and slipped off my pants and shirt,
    leaving me standing there in my pink camisole and pink lacy
    panties. It was such a thrill!!! Then I heard a male voice, a
    security guard from the mall came in to chat with the clerk. I
    almost panicked. The dressing room door was open at the bottom and
    not all that tall. I was afraid he would look over and be able to
    see the top of my head and tell I was a guy! But he left in a
    couple of minutes. Unfortunately the cami/pants set was too small.
    As I left the dressing room, she gave me another reassuring smile
    and asked if they fit ok. I told her it was too small. She told me
    those sets ran small and suggested I try a larger size.

I looked and couldn't find a green set in the larger size, but found
    a pale peach set that was the size I wanted, and another set I
    thought I'd try. I went back into the dressing room and tried on
    the peach set. As I undressed I heard the security guard come in
    again, then a female customer entered. I went ahead and tried on
    the two sets and they fit great, but I was still panicked as I put
    my boyclothes back on.

The guard left in a couple of minutes and I somewhat meekly left the
    dressing room. The woman wasn't looking my way as I walked over to
    the counter to pay for my purchases. The clerk was sooo nice as she
    rang up the sale. When she gave me my change I handed her a $5 bill
    and asked if she would please take that for being so kind to me.
    She was very gracious as she accepted it. She gave me a sweet smile
    as she handed me my bag and said she hoped I enjoyed my purchases.

I will alway be thankful that my first experience was with a clerk
    so kind and reassuring. It was such a thrill! I have to admit I
    can hardly wait to go try on some more clothes, and maybe to go back
    and thank that young lady for making me feel more accepted for being
    a crossdresser. She's the first person besides my wife to know for
    sure I was buying clothes for me. I've had others that seemed to
    suspect, but they never knew for sure.

Veronica

Hi Veronica! This sounds familier Welcome to this forum.

Tipping the girls was a good move. Wouldn't have thought of it myself

What was the name of the store?
    DonnaT

Wow. That was very cool. I know how it feels to be so frightened in such a situation. I've done that once and only once because of the way it made me feel. Congrats on you successful day!

Hi Veronica,

Welcome to the forum.I always like a story with a happy ending.

Love and Hugs,
    Priscilla

lynnegirlie

A store that lets you try on panties?

I'll steer clear of them!!

I guess I mis-spoke (or mis-typed)! What I tried on was the camisole tops, not the panties.

It was truly a thrill!

Hugs
    Veronica

You have a lot of courage. and a very understanding spouse. Everyone should be so lucky. I would not have the nerve.

lynnegirlie

Whew!

Thanks!!

That took some serious courage......as my wife would say, "You've got tubes!"......the feminine version of "You've got b@!!s"

Lynne

Been there

Hi Girls,

Veronica you definately worked through your fear, I swear i still can't do the shopping for myself it is always for the wife. I truely admire you for your courage and continued succese

I guess you get really excited when you talk about cding

Danni

Smile First time

I think all of us Girls have been through this. I enjoy the looks on the Clerks faces when I check out saying something Risque. I have found much better selection and prices on the net and enjoy Modeling for my wife and I. One site Is Outrageous Woman check it out Danni

jannine12383

Trying on in-store

I am so lucky that my girl friend helps me in so many ways and my first experience of trying on a lovely summer dress was in an Asda-Wal Mart store. I was browsing along the rows of girly things when I spotted this delightful pink and white floral dress. My partner said to me "Do you like that" i replied that I did . "You had better try it on then". I was wearing jeans and a white top with bra and panties underneath at the time. I placed the dress in our trolley and walked to the dressing cubicle. There were several other women in the vicinity also an attendant standing at the entrance. I was very hesitant but by then I was so excited that I just lifted the dress from the trolley and walked into a vacant cubicle. I removed my jeans and top and fitted on the dress, it was perfect and I peeped out and asked my friend if she liked the dress on me, I then had to walk out of the cubicle so she could see me in the dress. This was such an exiting moment that I do this every time I visit that store and see something that I like.

jannine12383

Trying on in-store

I am so lucky that my girl friend helps me in so many ways and my first experience of trying on a lovely summer dress was in an Asda-Wal Mart store. I was browsing along the rows of girly things when I spotted this delightful pink and white floral dress. My partner said to me "Do you like that" i replied that I did . "You had better try it on then". I was wearing jeans and a white top with bra and panties underneath at the time. I placed the dress in our trolley and walked to the dressing cubicle. There were several other women in the vicinity also an attendant standing at the entrance. I was very hesitant but by then I was so excited that I just lifted the dress from the trolley and walked into a vacant cubicle. I removed my jeans and top and fitted on the dress, it was perfect and I peeped out and asked my friend if she liked the dress on me, I then had to walk out of the cubicle so she could see me in the dress. This was such an exiting moment that I do this every time I visit that store and see something that I like.

First Time and Hope More to Come

It was really nice reading all the stories. I was in Target and I found a very cute short jean skirt and very nice halter top. I was also wearing panties and a bra under my shirt and jeans. I put the items in the shopping cart and I headed back to the dressing rooms and the lady asked me how many items I said two and I headed back to the dressing room. I slipped my shirt and jeans off and tried the halter top and jean skirt on and I was like WOW. I walked out out and went right up the to cashier and purchased the items. It was such a thrill

my nic says it all obsessedwithpantyhose's Avatar

trying on in a store

a second hand store near me is ownd by a nice lady wqho lets me look around and try stuff on even if i dont have any money to buy things and i have gone in there while dressed and she knows im a cd its so nice to find open minded people in the world isnt it

You gurls are amazing. I wish I had your nerve. You are all so secure with your selves. I am truely impressed I hope your all being honest.

Sales lady selects items to try on

Some years ago when I was first going to the Shopping malls dressed, I was looking at clothes at one ladies wear store(I don't remember the name and its not there anymore). I was looking at one item more closely when the young sales girl suggested that I try it on. I explain that I was not planning to purchase anything today, but she said that it was ok and lead me to the dressing room with the item. By the time I had change into the dress, she had pulled a few more items for me. As I try on outfits and then walk out it to the store to look in the mirror, she keep pulling more items for me to try on. It was too much, I was there for a couple of hours, and if I tried on everything she selected I would be there all day.

It was not very busy and I think she thought it would be fun to help the CD dress up. I did not buy anything that day but shopped there regularly buying several items and got to know the sales ladies there. Since that day I shopped en femme and tried on clothes and many stores and became a regular customer at some.

Jennifer

Second time

A few days after my first "adventure" of trying on clothing I decided to try a little more mainstream store. I went to Walmart and found some jeans I thought I'd like. I had to take them to the common dressing area and then go into the "Man's side" of the dressing area. They were too big (what a thrill I've lost some weight and can now fit into a size 18!), so I had to go back and find the proper size and try them.

I've been wearing them for a few days. They show no outward appearance of being ladies jeans, but it's a real thrill to be out in public knowing I'm wearing ladies clothing on the OUTSIDE!! If I could only wear one of my silky pink blouses with them, I'd feel like I'd died and gone to heaven.

Hugs,
    Veronica

Good for You !!! Isn't it a wonderful feeling to actually try clothing on in the store.... for the first several times, I was scared sh*tless, but now, it's a piece of cake...

Mind you, when checking out new stores, I find it better to go in them in drab and 'check things out' before shopping enfemm.

Misty

Quote Originally Posted by Priscilla1018
    Hi Veronica,

Welcome to the forum.I always like a story with a happy ending.

Love and Hugs,
    Priscilla
    Priscilla...........Didn't know a gun of some sort around your neck was a part of CDing.
    Maybe a fancy necklace??

I just bought some things today but did not try them on in the store. Buying them was hard enough.

Where do you go inFlemington? thats kind of a conservative area. I lived in Hillsborough and am now in sussex county. What kind of reaction did you get or is that part of the thrill?

I have a friend (Samantha) who introduced me to shopping in mainstream stores. We would often go out on a weekend shopping, but always to second hand stores (somehow that seemed more OK), but then one day we decided to go to the mall. We stopped on the way and ate lunch at a small cafe/diner (of course, dressed for the day) and the 3 waitresses there all were very curious and nice, asking where we were going, and what kinds of clothes we liked.

At the mall, it was very busy, but we were able to try on several outfits at Penny's and some of the smaller outlets. Not once were we treated badly, scorned, or anything like that. There was one clerk who obviously did not approve, but she went off and got another to help her (good move on her part!). Other than a few curious glances, none of the other customers paid much attention.

Sherry
    Whether you think you can, or you think you can't ... you're right
    Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by CJ
    Where do you go inFlemington? thats kind of a conservative area. I lived in Hillsborough and am now in sussex county. What kind of reaction did you get or is that part of the thrill?
    I used to go to a place called Dots in the Somerville circle mall, but they are no longer there.... I have walked into the Kohls wearing shorts, platform heels and pantyhose...nobody seems to notice or even care..

Misty

I think that is great that you girls can try on cloth in the store. I still have to have my wife with me when I shop. I have only shopped on my own a couple times and had no trouble, but felt uncomfortable. I shouldn't have felt uncomfortable, because the clerks were very nice with me. Anyways, you girls are my idols.

LOL Rikki