Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any rich crossdressers here?

I'm not rich but I'm comfortable. With nine years till retirement and nine years of house payments left. I drive a seventeen year old truck. The wife drives a twelve year old car. I only spend big money when I really have to.

So as far as spending money on Joy. I paid ninety eight dollars on a pair of tall women's pants and one fifty on a wig.
    Then I got smart and learned here, there are better priced clothes out there.
    In the past year and a half, I have spent over fifteen hundred on myself.

Going from zero to Joy was expensive. But I'm worth it.

By the metrics provided, I guess I qualify. 'Cept I have three income reducing agents -- wife and two kids who I get home to tomorrow. Yeah! That's the real riches. Money's far too fleeting.

Oh, like others, the stuff I have is largely bought on sale at the value marts of the world (Zellers, Sears, Walmart, Goodwill )

Kassandra

Even though my income is way past the 6 digit number i 'm always broke.being self employed doesn't always mean you have money.it only means sometimes you spend then you make.
    janielatb: I'm in love with the person inside me.

Although I make a little over 100k a year, I would not consider myself rich at all. With two mortgages to support and the high price of living in the San Francisco bay area, I would only consider myself to be middle class at best. Although I am thankful that I am not dirt floor poor, I am not rich by any stretch of the imagination. If I lived in the midwest somewhere that the cost of living is not near as high, I would probably say that I am rich LOL. The only problem is that if I lived out there, I would probably not make near as much money as I do here. I guess its all relative depending on where you live.

kisses
    sissy dana
    She was the only man he ever loved.

1 ex wife, 1 mortgage, 1 rented accomodation, 3 children, living costs for myself and frequent time spent in the pink fog= Too much month left at the end of the wage

What a laugh! I make 18.5k/yr and that's the most I've ever made! But that doesn't include all the great benefits and profit-sharing my company gives. I'm very thrifty, but not cheap!
    Just Be Yourself

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you like oldies radio, check out http://www.thehop-radio.com and hear me LIVE ! Play lots of free games or join our shoutbox chat while you listen too!

I make a reasonable income, and to be honest I don't have to work hard at all. I work on a shift rotation and get more days off than I work.

As for how I spend my money on CDing, Target is my store of choice for several reasons:

There are three of them within 20 minutes drive from my home, so I don't go to the same store every time.

The clothes sizings are reasonably consistant, compared to smaller boutiques where something that's labelled a size 12 in one store might be labelled as a size 10 in another store ("vanity sizing", where clothes are labelled with a smaller sizing than they're cut for to appeal to buyers who like to think they are a smaller size than they really are).

While the quality of the clothes isn't up there with the prestige lables it's still good enough to satisfy my needs. The prices aren't top dollar either.

A wider range of clothes sizings. While I can wear a size 14 blouse/top, depending on the cut for the shoulders sometimes a size 16 is a better fit for me. From what I've seen it's hard to find items that are a decent fit for me in many smaller stores.

I still don't feel entirely comfortable going into a boutique type store where I'm more likely to have an SA try to help me. I'm still very much a "guy mode" shopper (find what I want, pay for it and move on with a minimum of fuss).
    So I don't want to be the last, don't want to be the first,
    Don't want to be alone with my thoughts tomorrow.
    Don't want to be afraid, don't want to look away,
    I'm learning to breathe.

Nerina Pallot - Learning to breathe

Go to Target or Kohl's and buy an outfit for about $50-$75 and send me the rest.

no, not rich, not poor.

But I live - and I survived an accident as a boy, where most people would have been died, that in a way makes me rich. A lot of rich people are in fact very poor, they aren't that happy.

WalMart for me.

Patti

According to the equation, yes.

According to where I live, no.

I reckon I could buy what I want when I want (if my wife let me ), but I very rarely buy any fem items not on sale.

Heck, a number of times I consider even the sale price to be more than the item is really worth. And these are not high end stores.

And to be honest, if it wasn't for my wife, it would be even rarer to buy items for my male self than it already is.
    DonnaT

Not poor but not rich either. I use to make almost six times the amount of money I am making now, at least if you broke it down by no less then a week. But I never had any time to spend it or do anything, so I have money just not making what I was so I don't spend it like I do. Also with some good investments I am going to retire pretty well off and at an early age (at least compared to some) so don't see the sense in spending what I do have on a few things when i can buy alot for the same money.

I am NOT a junior sob sob Edwina's Avatar
    My mother always said that a Lady never discussed money.

Edwina

Silver Member
    I make a little over 100,000 a year but my expenses are high too---I used to think if I ever made over 20,000 I would be rich---well it happened but the cost of living went up right along with it. That and a large mortgage payment seems to swallow up most of My income(plus leather clothing can be expensive---I spent 150.00 dollars last year on just one pair of shoulder length leather gloves)
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

I make 60k plus, and I drive 15 year old beaters, shop at thrift stores and eat ramen at lunch. I chisel the national banks constantly by keeping an eye on deals forums. I buy lots of used girl clothes on Ebay and give what doesn't fit or is ugly on me to charity. My money by and large goes into investments, charity and political activism. So I may not be rich, but I like to think I'm frugal rather than stingy. It feels good to think that I have the greatest beneficial effect on those around me that I possibly can. It helps that I am easily entertained, others might not be so lucky

I have rather expensive tastes. SO...
    I work three jobs.
    Keeps me from doing the Devil's work.
    Idle hands, and such.

If you work you eat. If you don't work, you don't eat. I work very hard, and I eat very well.

"Please Sir, can we have some more pudding?"

Huntress

Quote Originally Posted by KateSpade83 View Post
    If you make over $85,000 a year or more you're somewhat rich to me
    From where I'm at $50,000 looks rich. Heck, I barely broke into the low teens the last two years Good thing I made a killing in Real Estate back in '05, plenty for my ongoing Teresafication
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You would consider me somewhat rich.....or at least I WOULD be if I didn't live this expensive-as-hell lifestyle!!!

I shop at eddie bauer and Ann Taylor and buy most of my shoes on line.

Carrie

Champagne taste on a beer budget here!

I guess I qualify as rich by your standards, but it still took me quite a while to pull the trigger on a $300 pair of forms, and I think my most expensive outfit was on clearance at fashion bug for ~ $50.
    Last edited by Kali; 11-12-2007 at 10:43 AM.

Member Since July 2006
    I do not know about your numbers but I do know that for SCC this year I bought a blazer and pants at Talbots ($400) that made me feel terrific!

I also was encouraged to go to Nordstrom and get some REAL shoes - I found that 1 pair of black medium heels for $ 150 were much more comfortable and wearable than the 10 pairs I had from Payless for $ 20 each.

This combination outfit has really helped my confidence and comfort so I consider both to be good investments. Whether I wear them enough to get my money's worth - time will tell but the value was in the confident attitude that must have been hidden in the lining or something!

Rich? Depends how you look at it! Our house has tripled in value in the last six years, if we were to sell we'd do quite well but we'd have to buy something somewhere else. Property rich, cash poor is more like it.
    You don't have to have been born female to enjoy being a girl

rich by your numbers...

factor in seven kids, four in college and while we are rich with our family we don't have to much money to spend. And we live in Silicon Valley one of the most expensive areas in the country.

Louise.

In the paved over air-conditioned desert.

I ALWAYS gravitate towards the top name brands....

...when I am shopping at Goodwill on dollar day! I have never been disapointed with any of the quality I got for the money. I also have gone as high as $1.01 because the D.A.V. thrift store prices everything but jeans that way from Tuesday to Thursday.
    Vincent Vega: Well, I confess that I wait to talk, but I am trying to learn to listen. (paraphrased)

Barbara's Blog

I'll put it this way, I'm 40, semi retired for three years now, and working for insurance

I hate designer clothes, they go against everything I was raised to believe in.

I can afford to shop at Nordstroms or Macys, but actually prefer Von Maur, for when I have to buy a elegant gift for someone. You would never catch me in a designer boutique.

My house is paid for, so are my vehicles, so other than property taxes, I'm debt free.

The most expensive CD item I've ever purchased were my breast forms, I can't see spending more than $50 on an article of female clothing, because I only dress five or six times a year.