Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Very Unhappy w/myself

Well as one of my old draftsmen used to say.... "Life sucks and then you die"... and if that's the way you want to feel then go for it..... But it would benifit you better to just step back, and give it another shot.... lifes full of little set backs.... as long as you have a positive outlook and keep moving forward you will be fine....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I'm thinking you should notice a pattern here Darlene. I didn't go out on Halloween either. Of course, I was working on a course and in a hotel full of fellow students But no biggy if you didn't. Yesterday I went out and today after the big exam (more on that in a rant thread :|) Anyway, cheer up and start planning your next outing.

Kassandra

Don't feel bad, I didn't have the nerve to dress up for Halloween this year either.

I'm not a loser so you can't be!!!

(There's that liking yourself part)..
    Scottie
    You must dare to disassociate yourself from those who would delay your journey... Leave, depart, if not physically, then mentally.
    Go your own way, quietly, undramatically, and venture toward trueness at last.

-- Vernon Howard

Cut it out!~ :-)

Quote Originally Posted by CDdarlene View Post
    Well, I chickened out. Tonight's the big Halloween party, and you see where I am. I really don't know how you all do it, I have much appreciation for your guts. I have been upset all week, with anticipation. In the end, I am just a big loser hiding at home...........Not exacty how I saw myself; that's a hard thing to realize about yourself. Life is really getting me down lately.

Let's see Darlene,

All your trying to overcome is thousands of years tradition and an entire life time of values and rules instilled in you by your family, friends, and society. It is NOT an easy thing to over come so don't go beating yourself up.

Here is some advice. If you know another CD, through this forum or otherwise, talk to them long enough to be sure that they are the kind of people you want to know. When you are comfortable they are decent folks, set up a meeting in a "Friendly" club or bar.
    It's much easier to make those huge first steps if you have company and friendship.
    Hang in there - if this is what you want you WILL get there!
    Kim

Wish I'd been there for you.

Darlene,

Be easy on yourself girl. Crossdressing is like fine wine, it takes time to mature. It just wasn't the right time and place. All of us have been in that situation more than once.

Lowla

cheer up girl

Darlene:: I for one use halloween to go out but this past halloween my life has been in turmoil. But like some of the girls posted earlier If you try to look to feminine on Halloween and your friends see you they will realize that it isn't you just playing around .. about 7 years ago I went to a party as denise I went all out , I heard my wife's friends wispering, ( He's having too much fun) (Wow he shaved his legs) (He did his own make-up , he must have had lots of practice) He walks to good in those heels, but I didn't care ... It felt good to be Denise that night. I went out to a public place just a few weeks ago but I made up my mind I need to do this ,shaking in my heels the night turned out great. When the time is right you have to go for it. Remember::: were not here for a long time but where here for a good time!!! enjoy even the smallest amount of feminity you can. and hold your head high!!! Denise

OMG!! Thanks everyone, really......

I was really on the pity potty last night, I just logged on, and read what all you ladies had to say; all I can say is thank you. My gf and my wife both told me to lighten up on myself, but, sometimes, you are your worse critic. I was so excited about being "seen" by someone else than my very wonderfull wife. However, there is something underlying here, why I didn't go- this is the one year anniversery of my sister's death, and I think that had more to do than anything else. I am still mourning and missing her alot. So, again, thanks everyone for your support, I WILL go out when ready, or maybe just invite freinds that know, over for dinner or drinks!!!! Time shall tell.

Hi sis,
    I don't really think that there is a reason for you to be so hard on yourself. There are many girls that never go out in public. It took me several years before I made my first trip out in public. Even now when I go out, I never got to places where everyone is straight. I go to places where there are other girls like us. It just feels much more comfortable for me and the big reason is that the men that go to these kind of places are looking for girls like us!!

kisses
    sissy dana
    She was the only man he ever loved.

Halloween

i will admit i did a couple things to help make it easier for me.
    1) It was Halloween. i didn't try to pass completely. i haven't worked with my voice enough to get by with it if i did.
    2) i went with my Wife who was dressed as a man. She was NOT trying to pass. So we looked like any couple that swapped for costumes.
    Several of the folks there know i dress. Aside from that, i wasn't automatically labeled as a bad cross dresser.
    The combination gave me a chance to be out and about in a dress i really love. The next time will be a bit more daring.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="3"]susie[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Ms Judy's pet [/size]

[SIZE="1"]One of these days, i'll decide it's reasonably safe to put my face up here.
    (Then i have to decide it won't break computer monitors! eek )
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]Ms_Judys_pet@comcast.net[/SIZE]

I checked your profile to see your age. You have got lots of time hun. You seem to have the will to do it right up to crunch time. Once you break that barrier your going to say (heck that was easy) Now where did I leave that easy button.I still chicken out. It's when I don't that I have the most fun.
    keep on gurlin everyone. paula may

I have been CDing for over 40 years and not had the nerve to go out. This is the time of year that I would have done it. If I got up enough nerve or what ever it takes. Hang in there you are NOT ALONE.

Awww geez!

Don't feel alone....I was excited with anticipation all the few days prior to going out on Halloween. When the time finally came around, I was way too critical with myself in the mirror...and rapidly losing valuable time.
    When I realized how much time I wasted and what my itinerary was for the night...I became tired and stressed and realized the night would be a drag for me anyhow.
    Not to mention, a lot of Halloween parties are held the weekend before! And also, I couldn't find anyone else to go with.
    Yes I was bummed out, but there'll be another chance soon. It doesnt have to be on Halloween. Do you have a local gay bar that is TG friendly? If so, try it!

Darlene,

You're already way further down the road than me. I've never been out dressed (except panties, tights and bra - the latter always under a THICK coat or sweater), though I'd love to - always supposing I could be sure everything would work out fine, of course! Anyway, you're not a chicken. I guess most of us take this thing on in baby steps - so when we come up against the occasional chasm (buying our first item of clothing, having "the talk" with our SO, going out en femme for the first time, coming out at work, or whatever) it's not surprising we sometimes need to take a few run-ups.

Especially if we're in heels...

Kisses,

Lucy