Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are you a "girlie man?"

I am a girlie man

Manicured nails, clean shaven, jewelry, feminine attire, the way I cross my legs, always wear gloves when working on my vehicles (can't stand to get dirt and grime under my nails), my eyes......everyone who knows me can see the feminine attributes.

But who said being a sissy is a "girl" thing!? Women are strong, intelligent, talented and athletic. Some girls are sissies. Lots of guys are sissies. If you equate brute strength with might and right.......well, I don't. Not very many women, if any at all, can compete with men in the NFL. But hey, not very many men can compete with the men in the NFL. If you can't, are you a sissy? If we play a pickup game of football, I can compete with most.

Not many women can hit a golf ball 350 yards. I can't either. Does that mean that women can't compete with all of the other duffers on Saturday afternoon? Many can. A buddy of mine and I played golf with a couple of macho guys recently. They wondered why I had shaved legs, long nails and wore eye shadow and mascara. My buddy said, "Oh, he's a crossdresser." They wanted to play for money and we accepted. They hit it further but I ended up with the low score and the most money. After the game my buddy asked how they liked getting beat by a crossdresser.

Basketball...I'm pretty good. Tennis....I compete well. Bowling....192 average. My eight-ball league....I'm one of the top performers in the league. I show up every week in shorts and sandals with shaved legs and painted toe nails. Even the macho guys treat me with respect.

I'm just different. I don't try to hide who or what I am. I accept it and others accept it in me. I'm not afraid to let others judge me. I don't mind people making jokes. When new teams or members join the league they may question what the hell is wrong with me, but it doesn't take long before they show me the same respect I show them.

How many of you are afraid to show up at your favorite local bar en femme? You are? You are such a sissy! Are you afraid someone is going to ridicule you? You are such a girlie man.

Girly man? I don't know. Not macho though. I hate the big macho jack*** type. I prefer to think that I have the right blend to be well rounded.

Kimmy P.

Smile

I am balanced out not hard but not to soft eather (I KNOW WHAT YOU ALL ARE THINKING LOL)

I don't feel at all attracted by the idea of masculinity in its aggressive/competitive testosterone-fuelled guise. Beyond that, I try to give myself the best of both worlds, as far as I can: I see nothing particularly masculine about logic, or feminine about empathy, for example, nor do I see any real contradiction between them - so why should it be a choice?

As for appearance, for most of my life my drab clothes and general demeanour have always been exactly that - at least, until recently. Partly this was frustration and a kind of depression at not being able to present myself the way I really wanted. It wasn't a positive choice to appear male, just a kind of mulish refusal to play the game at all. But over the last few weeks and months I've decided that I need to snap out of that, and I'm trying to incorporate more feminine aspects into my appearance and mannerisms. And I joined this board, of course. So far, it feels a lot better!

Kisses,

Lucy
    Last edited by Lucy Bright; 11-11-2007 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Forgot to sign!

Quote Originally Posted by KateSpade83 View Post
    Arnold Schwarzeneggar's "girlie man" term sound real funny, but do you think you're a "girlie man?" How girlie are you and what do you do?

Me, in male mode I'm all male and not the slightest female. Only thing I ever did was wear panties to work but now I'm scared of doing that because it's bad karma!

But out in femme I love to be femme! All decked out in a beautiful skirt suit with foundation and lipstick on. A guy gave me a real good look like he wanted to hit on me but I was dressed like an expensive St John lady. All I did was observe his reaction then he turned around to walk away with his friends. Maybe he thought I was "high maintenance!"

Well, there's bound to be some real funny "girlie men" on this forum! Mostly I imagine a "girlie man" as a guy who acts so much like a sissy when in drab. Well, how funny are you / what "girlie man" things do you do?

If someone called me a girlie man maybe I'd appreciate it! But they better be not from work!
    I'm not a girly man either. When not dressed I am just as I always was. No panties, nylons under the clothes ...etc. No dressed, then I feel different and am certainly a girly man!

Dont class myself as girly ,, but dont class my self as manly either enjoy the midddle bit!!
    Be part of the solution
    Not the problem

I would say yes and no.

I have a clean shaven body, nails are buffed or clear coated most of the time, pluck my eyebrows, I use female soap, shaving gel, body spray, deodorant, and pretty smelling bath beads. I wear womens shirts as often as possible, panties always, and sleep in something satin every night. I read womens magazines and love to shop.

Most casual observers would probably not take a second look but I do have a fem side for sure. Of course I am all man at times as well, like when I'm watching the Patriots pound yet another opponent!!

Heck -- if anything, I'm a manly girl.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

Platinum Member
    i can blend in quite well all around i do work for the Union hang out with red necks my fem side is always with me it brings both sides of me to a better person letting what ever side needs step in for what is going on .....

I rejected all kinds of very masculine behaviour for years because I knew it just wasn't me, but at the same time I was scared to act or display any kind of feminine characteristic, so I would have been a sort of nothing man, rather than a girlie man. But I think I'm becoming much more of a girly man nowadays.
    And when I'm dressed, my wife says I'm much more of a girlie woman than she is.
    So look out world.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

In the paved over air-conditioned desert.

I used to be...

and am becoming one again.

I really didn't consider myself a girly man, but was painfully aware that others did. I ran long distance and had probably less than 4% body fat. I had to tread water pretty vigorously to stay afloat in a pool.

As I aged, balded, grayed, and enlarged, (I thought I bulked up turns out it was 35 lbs of fat), people quit treating me like a girly man. People quit assuming I couldn't do things because of my size. (I could curl 75 lbs when I weighed barely over 90 lbs)

Now leaner again, to fit into the juniors sizes I smile at others reactions to the old me again. My son made the comment that I was looking scrawny. I was helping move some solid Oak pews the other night, the other guys were careful not to be critical, (really good bunch of guys) but they were waiting to grab it when I wavered..(and I did a bit, harder to keep a couple of hundred pounds from swaying when you don't weight a couple of hundred.

Now dressing, I for the first time in my life view my slim frame as a blessing.
    Vincent Vega: Well, I confess that I wait to talk, but I am trying to learn to listen. (paraphrased)

Barbara's Blog

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle04240 View Post
    I would say yes and no.

I have a clean shaven body, nails are buffed or clear coated most of the time, pluck my eyebrows, I use female soap, shaving gel, body spray, deodorant, and pretty smelling bath beads. I wear womens shirts as often as possible, panties always, and sleep in something satin every night. I read womens magazines and love to shop.

Most casual observers would probably not take a second look but I do have a fem side for sure. Of course I am all man at times as well, like when I'm watching the Patriots pound yet another opponent!!
    Yeah, the last victim was the Colts, damnit! ahh don't get me going on Peyton that game.... he did dance really pretty trying to figure out where to throw the ball.

Anyways, that about describes me.
    I do get noticed for my looks, maybe I am just thinking everyone notices my sexy legs and all.

I guess I am girly. BUT - I act like a semi-normal guy.

All man here! Except maybe for the shaved legs, but other then.....well there is the laser hair removal on my chest and back.......ummm yeah all guy here and proud of it!

SandyR
    Real Men can Cook in Heels...

I am not sure what Arnold meant by the term "girlie man" but, I would think that he was referring to the stereotypical "siisie". I don't consider myself a "girlie man" but, I do keep my eyebrows plucked, no hair on backs of fingers/hands, and I wear gel nails that are buffed and longer than most men.

No girlie man

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

When in Rome....

As I've said in a few posts recently, I don't like mixing genders. When I'm in male mode, it's really Male Mode! But, Tina has no interest in being anything but feminine!

Tina

[SIZE="3"]It seems to me that if you are male and you like dressing in female things -polished nails - make up then from the manly man's point of view you are a girly man and girly man would be the kindest description. I have never fit well in a man's world and have always felt comfortable with women. I am proudly a girly man - so be it!

Kelsy[/SIZE]
    Last edited by Kelsy; 11-13-2007 at 07:01 AM. Reason: speeling
    Born female intended

" Don't die with your music still in you!"

It takes a real man to have long nails, plucked eyebrows and shaved legs,pits etc. I also had long hair until it started to fall out. Dress is usually tight jeans and sweaters/T-shirts. Also very trendy in my lycra cycling gear - any comments and I pound them into the tarmac.

Girly man???? and also to Kelsy

Quote Originally Posted by Littlej10 View Post
    It takes a real man to have long nails, plucked eyebrows and shaved legs,pits etc. ..... Also very trendy in my lycra cycling gear - any comments and I pound them into the tarmac.
    Excellent message! I like your point of view and wish that I might believe it for myself. At my age, and with my basic supply of courage and physical strength - it just would not be very rational.

Oh yes, and Kelsy, you have a beautiful profile picture!

Rickie
    "Who's around your TV is more important than how big it is...." Dr. Phil
    http://profiles.urnotalone.com/54617
    http://www.frappr.com/?a=myphotos&id=1265395

Manly man= sometimes/Girly gurl= sometimes/Just me= mostly!!!
    Last edited by Deborah Jane; 11-13-2007 at 01:01 PM.

Girly! Girly Man!

I'm not much of a macho man.
    I'm nurturing and non-competitive.

But being who I am works pretty well.
    Last edited by desireehelene; 11-13-2007 at 04:15 PM.

I'm a girly man, but I'm good at acting different. Some gays I know say I have some "gay" traits. Guess I'm not that good at hiding it.

my ex refered to me as a girly man, and my second wife, even though she knew, was never supportive, although she never called me anything derogatory. when i'm in drab i'm all male,but when i'm dressed i'm as feminine as i feel. although i have never been passable, i see myself as a girl whenever i'm dressed. as far as calling myself a girly girl i still think about the context my ex refered to and fell very uncomfortable using the term.

Jill

am I girlie man

not certain where to post this but I am a man that likes to crossdress and seek put gay men for dating relationship intimacy sex and whatever
    I like there are any other men that are like me I find a few on crossdressing groups but a dedicated gay crossdressing forum is what I realy need to where we are free to discuss our e and share them and learn how others have handled them does any such group or forum exist o sharer gay cd's to share without discrimination or being judged
    don't get me wrong I drees this way first for myself anything else is just a bonus

Celtic Woman in training SiobhanW's Avatar
    I aspire to be a girly man. I don't like me the other way - I'm more agressive than I need to be, louder than I need to be, more obnoxious than I need to be. I'm not any of those things when I'm feeling girly. When girly I'm in touch with my feelings, and more compassionate, quieter and more introspective. If I can somehow find a balance between the two while in drab, I might just become a better person to be around.
    It takes a real woman to handle this man, in a dress!
    "I really love that dress on you. I can only think of one place where it might look better."
    "Let me guess....on your bedroom floor?"
    "No, ON ME!"