Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Using your CD identity elsewhere on the Net

Using your CD identity elsewhere on the Net

Ever used your feminine name and identity in regular, non-sexual Internet forums? For example, I read and participate in a lot of photography forums, and I have learned a lot about self-portraits and different lens and lighting combinations as a result of my CD explorations .

On more than one occasion I caught myself wanting to post a picture of Dana on the forum to discuss the technical merits of the picture. Whoa!!! That would be quite a blunder!!

So I was halfway tempted to use my Dana Matthews online identity (that is used here exclusively) to join the photography forum. And pretend I was that woman and then be that woman in normal Internet correspondence. Of course, I would only post the "passable" pictures. But something about it didn't feel right...not sure...anyone else use their feminine persona online in regular non-sexual discourse?
    Been around for a while, been away for a while. On the verge of coming back...Help me!

I use my 3 identities in all sorts of things.. Like E-Bay for one and public opinnion surveys for another and I change my sex, JUST to keep them all thinking.. IF THEY CAN!!

I have five identities. One that cannot be traced in case I want to nail some meany!

Down into the Easy Chair SweetCaroline's Avatar
    YES. I post at a political message board where they not only know me as transgendered, but originally knew me as a male before coming out. It's highly partisan, so I won't mention it here (and I've been warned about talking politics around here before. ). But if anyone wants to see it, let me know.

Caroline.

Oh! And I forgot to mention. I also have a myspace pace for my femme identity. Check it out if you like....

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=242206335

I have one for my male identity as well, that I've used mainly for dating and promoting my artwork, but no one ever looks at it. I guess the girl is just more interesting.
    Last edited by Holly; 11-15-2007 at 12:31 AM.
    Caroline Emily
    Co-Moderator
    SISTERS FAMILY

Gardner Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_gardner/
    Worcester Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_worcester/

Family is the most important thing in the World.

Gold Member
    Usually I pick names that are NOT normal names.
    On one forum it was something like "agressive95" for a car forum.

I usually don't talk about my gender. If it DOES come an issue, I just say I am male cause I don't really want someone PM'ing me asking for a date or to watch him enjoy himself on webcam.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

It CAN get confusing

I have 3 email addresses so I can keep my identities straight. STILL too easy to screw up!
    RS

www.myspace.com/robertsherry

NON-SEXUAL??? You mean this is about sex??? hahaha... Maybe for you but not for me... And yes.... I use Karren Hutton here and on another CD forum... on MakeupTalk... on another beauty site.... on a celeberty fashion blog site... when ever I blog anything on the web I use Karren.... I have an ebay account.... and a yahoo 360 web site... and a Flickr site.... ohhh and a Photobucket site.... I IM as Karren and none of them have anything what so ever to do with sex..... Should have been a nun I guess...!!!

Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I'm known as Lisa and Li Li in lots of places... Some as bizarre as Mobile phone forums and BMW engineering sites... Gosh, now I sound terribly sad... Just as well I didn't mention the teddy bear collecti... Damn...
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

I post on a number of doll groups with the same name I use here...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click Here to View My Website: Taffy's Tea Trolley
    "Growing old is inevitable; growing up is optional..."

Most of the other forums I'm on are art and gaming related and I don't use any girly names with those places. I joined a few sex related forums, quite awhile ago but I don't bother with those anymore. So the only place I'm Ðarissa is here.
    Weeeeeeee

Yes, on one other. I'm Keely_H on MUT (makeuptalk.com). But not on SIGForum.
    Keely

One of the Reds

CD Name

All of my online recovery friends know me as Darlene.My 12-step recovery sponsor always calls me by my femme name,it is a huge part of who I REALY AM!

Fishers by Indianapolis switcheralso's Avatar

4 all

I use 4 email all depends on what I post...
    True
    Friendship

“A friend is one who knows us, but loves us anyway”
    Fr. Jerome Cummings

3 of them

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    I am Miss Emily Ann here and on eBAY....and at the bank too! Just one me I'm afraid.

Emily Ann
    Living with a heel in each world.

well mostly it's mj or Marissa
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've been Lynn in one chat room, and am currently Lynn over in Second Life. In fact, I did both before I started going out as Lynn IRL.
    One may tolerate a world of demons for the sake of an angel. - Reinette, Doctor Who: The Girl In The Fireplace

Yes, in a number of techy forums I post as either lilith or using another femme ID. Everybody seems so much more obliging and helpful to what they assume is a poor helpless female.

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    In the nineties when I first joined the internet, I read that EVERYONE SHOULD have at least THREE Identities. A male, a female and a neutral gender. A GG with a male ID can avoid being hit on if it becomes a problem, and a male can use a female ID to explore places where guys may not be welcome or might be awkward.---just for a couple of examples. Not to mention for hiding ones true identity or for other useful reasons.

And Yes, I use my fem identity a lot in different places on the web.

I'm in a tech related site as Brenda. Even have a photo there. It's a "Passable" picture.

Ebay, and 1 e-mail address

Actually, I have three e-mails (one as a family, 1 that I send my SO's sex toys' receipts, etc to, and then my femine e-mail), and I use my femine name in Ebay.

Holy Cow!

I have one name. ONE and half the time I can't remember that!

How do you all keep all these identities separate? I notice that most of the cd'ers here have a close to birth name female name....... or so many that have told me their boys names, are always close to their cd names. I can't imagine .. I would screw myself up calling myself something.

Hugs,
    Kris
    [SIZE="3"]
    I'm BACK..... I miss you all so much!!
    [/SIZE]

Queen of the Faery Realms Bethany_Anne_Fae's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danam View Post
    Ever used your feminine name and identity in regular, non-sexual Internet forums? For example, I read and participate in a lot of photography forums, and I have learned a lot about self-portraits and different lens and lighting combinations as a result of my CD explorations .

On more than one occasion I caught myself wanting to post a picture of Dana on the forum to discuss the technical merits of the picture. Whoa!!! That would be quite a blunder!!

So I was halfway tempted to use my Dana Matthews online identity (that is used here exclusively) to join the photography forum. And pretend I was that woman and then be that woman in normal Internet correspondence. Of course, I would only post the "passable" pictures. But something about it didn't feel right...not sure...anyone else use their feminine persona online in regular non-sexual discourse?

Yeppers,
    I use my Faery Identity with all of my performing friends

Hugging the Kurves! RobertaFermina's Avatar
    Yep.
    Seperate Email Accounts, Web Pages....
    Bob and Roberta don't even share the same Cell Phone.

Roberta
    [COLOR=Red]Open your Heart :

I'm on Makeup Talk too, although I did introduce myself as TG. I also use Sally on gaming sites and have real e-mail account for her too.
    Sally