View Poll Results: MTF - FTM ONLY - Are you a leftie/dyslexic?

Voters
273. You may not vote on this poll
  • Left-handed

101 37.00%
  • Right-handed

139 50.92%
  • Ambidextrous

35 12.82%
  • Strongly dyslexic

4 1.47%
  • Mildly dyslexic

23 8.42%
  • Not dyslexic

86 31.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MTF - FTM ONLY!! Left-handers

MTF - FTM ONLY!! Left-handers

For MtFs and FtMs only.

Looking back through the archives I see this question was asked about 2.5 years ago, but the forum's grown a lot since then, so I hope you don't mind my bringing it up again.

I've always wondered whether there was some connection between my being left-handed (which I am, strongly), and my being TG. I'm not sure why - I don't really have a clever neurological theory or anything! But being a leftie puts you in the habit of seeing things from a slightly different angle, and of not quite fitting in the world as you find it, which reminds me a little of the other, more important way I don't 'fit'. There does (from the earlier poll) seem to be some correlation between the two things, at least. Anyone else feel the same way about their distaff side?

I'm not dyslexic, but I'd be interested to know whether there was a similar effect there.

You can vote for more than one thing in this poll, but obviously it'll only work if you restrict yourself to one answer about the handedness, and one about the dyslexia. Thanks for indulging my curiosity!

Kisses,

Lucy

Ha! Now I know why I never took stats classes! Clearly this needed two polls! The percentages will all be screwy now because I asked two separate questions - but the raw numbers would still be intersting to know, so please don't refrain from voting just because I'm an idiot!

Lucy
    Last edited by Sandra; 11-16-2007 at 01:09 PM. Reason: merged consecutive post use the edit button please

I'm strongly right-handed without a shade of dyslexia. But I sucked at stats too

Kassandra

Poll results

I do stats and you can get the results without using two polls. Let me know when you have enough replies and feel you have a good cross-section of answers and I'll show you the tendencies, although I feel you are probably going to get something very close to normal population distributions.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Hugs,

Carla

http://flickr.com/photos/carla4guage/

I'm normally right handed but have ambidextrous tenancies also. I'm not dyslexic either but I have on more than one occasion been accused of being bass ackwards.

-Paula-
    "Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self." - Wizard's Tenth Rule:
    "Life is the future, not the past." - Wizard's Seventh Rule
    "Deserve victory." - Wizard's Eighth Rule
    "Be justified in your convictions. Be completely committed. Earn what you want and need rather than waiting for others to give you what you desire."

There is just one life for each of us: our own - Words from a fortune cookie

Do or Do Not. There is no try - Yoda

i am left-handed and i am somewhat dyslexic spelling and thank god for the spell-check but Evan that can be confusing when you get two words that are close
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Me, Myself & Rachael Rachaelb64's Avatar
    I have a slightly problem here, I've marked myself down as being left handed, but I'm really should come under 'ambidextrous with left hand dominance' just to confuss things
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Life is to short so enjoy it to the full

:

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Today is a good day to Dress!

Hi

Im left handed. Not dyslexic, but I belong to D.A.M (Mothers Against Dyslexia).
    Terri

i'm a leftie so i guess that explains it ...

mitch

Just here to make freinds
    I am a lefty and dyslexic not?
    Really enjoying this!!!

I,m right handed and not dyslexic...Just type too quick and make mistakes

clumsy righties are really lefties

i really think there are much more left-handers than this poll will show. imho, a lot of clumsy right-handers are really left handed, they were just forced to be right-handed by their parents or in school. i have heard that catholic elementary schools are a breeding ground for clumsy right handers.

i have first hand experience with this forced use of the right hand. they'd take the crayon or pencil out of my left hand and place it in my right hand. at 5 years old my first ball glove was right handed, i'd wear it on the other hand. i was 'taught' to swing a bat and golf club right-handed and many other small things but i have always been about 95% left-handed.

This is kind of strange. I am left handed, but so are almost 40% of the other girls here. When I was a kid in school, almost everybody was right handed, and in my day to day current life, I have noticed that most people are right handed. I would think that there is probably a 10-1 difference between right and left handed people, at least from my experience. It seems to be much closer with the girl here. I don't know if that means anything, but it is a strange coincidence.

kisses
    sissy dana
    She was the only man he ever loved.

I never thought before about a connection between handedness and CDing. I'm right hand dominant but can do most things with either hand. I'd hesitate to say ambidextrous (speshly after a few drinks) but I guess I'm somewhere in between. Haha.
    My therapist has taught me a few things about left brain/right brain thinking, which is connected in a way with handedness, and it seems that my CDing is in some measure an outlet for a lot of right brain stuff. Left brain is rational, logical, right brain is intuitive, impulsive. How does that sound to you girls?
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

Left-handedness seems to be more common in males than females.
    What about that ?

I'm ambidextrous but chose to write with my right hand in first grade as they made me choose one or the other. I took a look around and more were writing with their right hand so that's what I did.

A number of years ago I took a left brain / right brain test and it said I was exactly in the middle. Is that no brained?

ChanDelle

Quote Originally Posted by TerriM View Post
    Hi

Im left handed. Not dyslexic, but I belong to D.A.M (Mothers Against Dyslexia).
    Terri

I read that twice......

then burst out laughing.

Nice one.

I.m a lefty and from the poll there is a much higher percent of us here cding then we make up in the general public. Don.t know if that means very much though.

Quote Originally Posted by Carla4Guage View Post
    I do stats and you can get the results without using two polls. Let me know when you have enough replies and feel you have a good cross-section of answers and I'll show you the tendencies, although I feel you are probably going to get something very close to normal population distributions.
    Thanks! You may well be right - and I realise that I likely skewed the results anyway by my subject line, which is likely to attract a disproportionate number of lefties. Still, as things stand about a third of people seem to define themselves as left-handed, as opposed to around 10% in the general population (give or take), which is quite a marked difference. Let's see how it looks after the weekend.

Kisses,

Lucy

Banned Read only battybattybats's Avatar
    I was born ambidextrous but after being forced to choose one or the other because of the stupid small two-person desks at primary school where swapping hands would lead to colliding elbows I ended up being more right handed. I can't write left-handed anymore but I voted ambidextrous because I used to be and apparently could regain it if I worked hard enough at it.

Interesting ? I am right hand dominant but strongly ambidextrous. I wonder if ChanDelle's answer about being middle of the road is also why I feel that I am of 2 minds. Don't you wish there were difinitive answers to all these questions us TG's have. Oh well now that I have come to terms with being us and my wife and best friend can live with it I really don't care about the why's anymore I am just gonna enjoy it

Lora

All I want is a world somewhere, a place to wear pretty underwear
    A dress, some makeup, hose and heels
    OH wouldn't it be loverly

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"---Helen Keller

All Lefty- Eye sight, hearing reflexes, everything lefty. I was told when i took that test that I was in a minority of a minority. The stats I was told was that 10% of tyhe population was lefty, and about 10% of the leftys were totally lefty.
    For my fellow leftys, remember that the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body. That means that Leftys are the only people in their right mind!
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

I write right handed but shoot the puck left handed... and I'm not dislexxickic at all... I just can't spell.. hehehe Engineer thingy
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Right handed for this Girl!

SandyR
    Real Men can Cook in Heels...

All I know is I'm all lefty and all cressdresser and loving it hun
    Angie

I am left-handed, when I write, but ambidextrous when working with my hands and not dyslexic.
    Last edited by vivianann; 11-17-2007 at 05:06 AM.