Thread: Ordering clothes and a "slice of life"

Ordering clothes and a "slice of life"

The latest Woman Within (aka Lane Bryant) catalog arrived the other day. (in my name, who else) After spending a few moments checking it out I handed it to my wife, knowing she needs some new winter clothes, I suggested she look through it. (big mi$take).
    Thursday, after work, I asked her if she had found anything in the book that she wanted. As I saw her smile I also saw my W.W. credit card melting. Sat down to make a list of what she wanted, and about halfway through it my Son-in-law dropped by to leave his two kids for our weekly "babysitting" time. (Daughter works late on Thursday and S.I.L. works second shift. So, for a three hour overlap, we watch the kids) Of course they're all "wound up" for some reason while wife and I are trying to make the list. Finally I ask her if she wants to finish it after suppper, when kids will be calmer. She agrees and I put aside the list, to make supper.
    After the meal and the dishes done, we again sit to finish the list. (FYI it's long). Kids are doing their normal 2 yr old and 4 yr old playing, especially the 2 yr old who enjoys exploring kitchen cabinets.
    List completed I head to my office to call in the order, and make an off handed comment about possibly looking at the book again and getting something for myself. All I hear from her is a loud "NO" Turning to her I ask "Why?"
    Ya gotta love her answer at this point: "I wasn't talking to you I was talking to the baby, he's getting into the cabinets again, you get whatever you want." as she headed for the kid, completely ignoring me. I could have been commenting about buying a new spanner wrench or something.
    BTW the only thing I found that I wanted was a new shirt/blouse. While I would like some of the skirts and dresses they have on sale, it'd be really impractical to get them. (mostly because of cost and available usage time, not that I can't dress up, just not able yet to get her to go with me. No fun going out alone, and I'm not a "clubber" type.)

So, after a year of having "come out" she's begining to get comfortable enough to openly talk to me about it.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

Woman Within

Phyliss,that is good to hear. Progress,not perfection,as I like to say. I LOVE Woman Within catalogs,think the name really fits us quite well.

Everytime the wife gets a Lane Bryant catalog, I would like to spend, spend, spend on myslef, but don't. Darn!

its great to hear that your wife is becoming more and more confortable with it
    Kim
    XXX

That is great, That you wife is so accepting. I have been laying off of ordering new stuff lately, But every once in a while when my wife gets a new dress from me that she wasn't expecting, She know that I have been shopping again.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Cool!

For me, this close to Xmas, I think the list would have been a wish list.
    DonnaT